cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shutdown Asus ROG GL502VS-DB71

Pepsy
Level 7
Hello i own recently this gaming laptop Asus ROG-GL502VS-DB71 and i am having a problem with it, it shut's down randomly when i am playing a game... or when im using it on a higher demand. The laptop is brand new but i don't have any waranty i buyed from someone. Could you please help me to try fix this isue ? Thanks a lot

The temperatures are around 50-60 most of the time when i am playing games or rendering a video...
7 REPLIES 7

Pepsy
Level 7
Guys i really need you help , i payd a lot of money for this notebook and i can't use it properly 😞

before buying it did you use it? or why did the other person offerred it to you? maybe the other person sold it because of it, try to undervolt a little and maybe reinstall windows could help

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure if it can help, but make sure the input rating label under your notebook like 19.5V, 9.23A for the 180W adapter model matches the output rating label under your AC adapter.

If you have the wrong adapter that isn't supplying enough power, it could be related to those shutdown problems.

Also, check the memory and hard drive specifications of your unit to see if they have been upgraded and if they could have something to do with the issues, but it may really be caused by something else.

Good luck!

Bran187
Level 9
Also sometimes manufacturer warranty carries over even if you are not the original owner (assuming nothing has been done that would void the warranty, and it is still within the timeframe).

I'm not going to promise anything, because this is very much an 'it depends' scenario. But it never hurts to ask, and who knows you may get lucky.

I have the exact same problem.

I found the cause but I do not know how to fix it.

So far, I get this "random shutdown" when I am playing stressful videogames that push my power consumption to the limits.

As soon as I plug my gaming keyboard, mouse and headset, my laptop will shutdown under load.

Playing a light game such as older games with less demanding ressources, with all the gaming gears plugued in, I have no issues.

If I unplug all my gaming gears then the laptop run the heavy load games without a itch.

I tried to plug everything in a powered USB3 hub (with a 5A adapter, which should be WAY more than what needed for 3 devices) my laptop still shutdown.

My laptop is by no way overheating, it's also seating on a good laptop cooler which keep the laptop cool and steady.

Is this related to the power supply / battery drain issue or not I am not sure.

Filipus
Level 7
Any solutions on this? Seems to be such a big problem with no real solving...

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Filipus wrote:
Any solutions on this? Seems to be such a big problem with no real solving...

Please take your product to our local service center for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem. Sorry for the trouble.
The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#