cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G20AJ ROG Desktop CPU and GPU upgrade questions

TruenoMike14
Level 7
Hello Everyone!
I have a Desktop G20AJ ROG with the i5-4460 and the 750 GPU.

I can't seem to find much info on either of these things, but could i upgrade my CPU to the 4790k?
I am not looking to overclock, I just want the best possible CPU for Music Production. I noticed the 4790k has 4 more watts of TDP.
Which I'm sure the G20 could dissipate the little extra heat just fine.

Also, Would upgrading to a 1050 GPU be ok to do?
I am worried the 230w power supply won't be powerful enough, Even though the 1050 GPU has no power ports on it
and it gets power directly from the board. Just worried it won't be able to power it.

Any Inputs and thoughts would be wonderful!
Thanks for any help!
1 REPLY 1

robaczek
Level 7
TruenoMike14 wrote:
Hello Everyone!
I have a Desktop G20AJ ROG with the i5-4460 and the 750 GPU.

I can't seem to find much info on either of these things, but could i upgrade my CPU to the 4790k?
I am not looking to overclock, I just want the best possible CPU for Music Production. I noticed the 4790k has 4 more watts of TDP.
Which I'm sure the G20 could dissipate the little extra heat just fine.

Also, Would upgrading to a 1050 GPU be ok to do?
I am worried the 230w power supply won't be powerful enough, Even though the 1050 GPU has no power ports on it
and it gets power directly from the board. Just worried it won't be able to power it.

Any Inputs and thoughts would be wonderful!
Thanks for any help!

First thing you want to do is to check the motherboard. Only then will you be able to check what is the maximum CPU it supports. Plenty of info on that subject everywhere including Wikipedia, but you do need first to know the exact model of your motherboard.
CPU-i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz
Graphics-Zotac Amp! Extreme 1080 Ti
Motherboard-Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
Memory-16gb G.Skill Trident Z Series DDR4 3866MHz
Working hard at our web design studio in London - https://www.omdesign.co.uk/