cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurray for 9945 beta bios, I am at 3600 MHz at last!

Celty2
Level 7
With 1201 I was able to hit 3466ish, but never above that. With the new bios I finally got to my F4-3600C16D-16GTZSW rated 3600MHz with 16-16-16-16-36-1T. Took some doing, but what a treat.

I need to get familiar with all these new settings that are available, but it should be a fun challenge.

Thanks to AMD for the new AGESA and the Asus team for the new EUFI's!
34 REPLIES 34

jbasemoine
Level 9
Where can i download 9945 ?

jbasemoine wrote:
Where can i download 9945 ?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2stmu39om14oa6b/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-9945.zip
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

jbasemoine
Level 9
Thank for the bios file.

I am using the following ram F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
After updating the bios i can set my ram @ 3600 (using D.O.C.P standard) afer saving bios and reboting i imediatly get Beep from my pc speaker indicating it does not work and it turns down my ram to 2133.
Setting all timers correctly manualy same reslut.
Now i have set my ram to 3333 mhz (if not mistake) it does boot, but when i go to CPU Z i get only see the set timings, type of ram, the size of total ram, the channel settign "dual" but the NB frequency is black and nothing is displayed...

When i boot my pc in the post reporting screen it says ram is @ 3333.
But when i go to CMD and enter: wmic memorychip get speed
it tells me ram is @ 1066

Whem i put ram back @ 3200 (which it was running before) CpuZ shows NB frequentcy correctly running at 1586.8
But Cmd (after commandline) yet again tells me ram is @ 1066

jbasemoine wrote:

Now i have set my ram to 3333 mhz (if not mistake) it does boot, but when i go to CPU Z i get only see the set timings, type of ram, the size of total ram, the channel settign "dual" but the NB frequency is black and nothing is displayed...

The BIOS has bugs. Memory frequencies above 3200Mhz do not display in CPU Z, but will display in other programs like HWINFO.

Windows is unable to properly obtain the memory frequency with this bios and displays 1067Mhz for all frequencies.

jbasemoine wrote:
Thank for the bios file.

I am using the following ram F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
After updating the bios i can set my ram @ 3600 (using D.O.C.P standard) afer saving bios and reboting i imediatly get Beep from my pc speaker indicating it does not work and it turns down my ram to 2133.
Setting all timers correctly manualy same reslut.

When i boot my pc in the post reporting screen it says ram is @ 3333.
But when i go to CMD and enter: wmic memorychip get speed
it tells me ram is @ 1066

Whem i put ram back @ 3200 (which it was running before) CpuZ shows NB frequentcy correctly running at 1586.8

I would suggest setting your AI Overclock Tuner to Default.
Do not use DOCP.
Do manual settings for timings, then do a save and reboot.
Do manual dram voltage and SOC volts, save and reboot.
Do manual memory frequency, save and reboot.

Just for reference, to get to 3600, I needed these settings: 1.45V DRAM , SOC 1.15 ProcODT 60, 16-16-16-16-36-1T timing, CLDO_VDDP 965, trDRDsc_sm to a value of 1. Remember your numbers will likely need to be different. I boot without fail, and general use is stable. I am still trying to fiddle to get it to pass torture testing.

And forget CPU-Z until it is updated. Use HWiNFO64.

I tried this last night. I could not get my memory off the 2133 mark no matter what I threw at it. CMU32GX4M2C3200C16B corsair vengeance.

I moved back to 1107. Thanks for the link though.

Celty2 wrote:
I would suggest setting your AI Overclock Tuner to Default.
Do not use DOCP.
Do manual settings for timings, then do a save and reboot.
Do manual dram voltage and SOC volts, save and reboot.
Do manual memory frequency, save and reboot.

Just for reference, to get to 3600, I needed these settings: 1.45V DRAM , SOC 1.15 ProcODT 60, 16-16-16-16-36-1T timing, CLDO_VDDP 965, trDRDsc_sm to a value of 1. Remember your numbers will likely need to be different. I boot without fail, and general use is stable. I am still trying to fiddle to get it to pass torture testing.

And forget CPU-Z until it is updated. Use HWiNFO64.

Thanks for you're reply.
I have set all timing manually but no go (get the there is something beep from pc speaker).
1.45V DRAM isn't that "dangerous"for the ram ? my ram runs at a preferd max of 1.35V (as far as i understand a higher voltage will damage it, but please take note that i'm quiet unexperiance with ram clocking).
And besides CPU-Z i runned Time spy benchmark while ram was at 3433mhz and i hoped for a better score i was quite disapointed :S got same result as i got on 3200, when the benchmark was over under the full system spec list Memory speed was indicated as 0, so even 3d mark isn't able to read the current ram spead.
After multiple test i was able to run the ram @3333 mhz and 3433 mhz, also under T2 i was able to run @ 3633 mhz (it culd also be 3666 mhz i forget which one it was) system seemd to run stable!

Also cold boot up times whrere 6 seconds faster! which was really amazing 😄 14 to 17 seconds (17 seconds with 3 sec post reporting, 14 seconds withou post reporting) normaly the cold boot up times 19 to 22 seconds on avarage! so there for me there was a nice change in te cold boot timings.

For now i decided to flash back to 1201 bios, since all was more then stable for me with that bios, Can't wait for the new bios to become stable in hope DOCP will work proper or i can set mem to 3600, well everything higher then 3200 is a win 😄

with this version i got my 3600mhz to 3460 by just setting to docp standard. when switched to 3600mhz on the frequency list it did not boot. this is the fastest i have seen so far on my memory.
CMK16GX4M4B3600C18

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/vengeance-lpx-16gb-4x4gb-ddr4-dram-3600mhz-c18-memory-kit-black-cmk16gx...

ME TOO MY CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED (WHITE) 3200MHZ 4X8 ALL FOUR are stable and purring thank you 9945 beta!!