Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Crosshair vi hero

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    I am actually Canadian as well. I spent about half of the year in Virginia though. Prices in Canada are way out of control for a lot of things. Gotta love that sinking Peso... I mean, dollar. :P

I have spent the better part of the day verifying settings. Q-Fan is disabled on everything, including the pump, which should put everything at 100% all of the time. I have cleared the CMOS and even reflashed the BIOS via the button method with a USB key and set everything once again. I did request an RMA through the Asus website and may sent off my board on Monday if I can't find a solution to this mess. My system does have two fan controllers, one of which I could connect the pump to. Not having readings from the radiator fans and pump is not something I would want to settle for.

I am using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 360 but I built a system back in early May for my Mom that uses the Arctic Cooling Freezer 240. Both do an excellent job cooling an overclocked 1700X. The push pull design though requires quite a lot of clearance. If you can't find another Kraken, I don't think you would be disappointed with what Arctic Cooling offers as long as you have the clearance for it.
    i will tried to disabled q fan the next time i set up /.. it will be running off of the cam software anyways soo i don't thinkin it will matter
    my motherboard wouldn't let me use the flashback after awhile i used it twice and after that it would blink twice and then just stay blue
    i rma the whole set up aio motherboard and cpu.. i had it two days from newegg soo i had lots of time to send it back .. if i can't get the kraken i will be getting evga clc 280mm for my cooler its a gen 5 pump like the rest and it falls in between nzxt and the kraken for cooling i think just one dregree off or something .. thanks for your input

ROG Member Array supertrekie PC Specs
    supertrekie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN R7 1800X @ 4GHZ
    Memory (part number)GSKILL FLARE-X 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980ti HYBRID
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2x4 4TB Seagate ST4000DM000
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    CaseFRACTAL - DEFINE XL R2
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    Headset/Speakers ULTRASONE PRO 750 + LITTLE DOTI+ AMP
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Everyone with fan / aio issues - I was previously having issues with my fans/AIO randomly going out completely or going to max, as well as random temp sensors going out or reporting ridiculous and always changing numbers (-79 up to 111C and back).

What fixed everything for me was updating AIDA64 to the latest BETA (apprently the current stable release actually breaks our SIO causing all the temp/fan issues) - then rebooting and saving my BIOS to a USB/Profile slot. Then unplugged the system completely and removed the graphics card to get to the battery on the motherboard. Leave it out a few min then put it back in and reinstall graphics card / plug the power cable to the system back in. Clear the CMOS using the button on the back of the motherboard and then power the system up - go to BIOS and restore your saved one.

Since I did this i've had no issues at all with fans/aio/temps. This may not work for you, but I found all these things on various forums over the period of a few weeks and after putting them all together the combination worked for me.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by supertrekie View Post
    Everyone with fan / aio issues - I was previously having issues with my fans/AIO randomly going out completely or going to max, as well as random temp sensors going out or reporting ridiculous and always changing numbers (-79 up to 111C and back).

What fixed everything for me was updating AIDA64 to the latest BETA (apprently the current stable release actually breaks our SIO causing all the temp/fan issues) - then rebooting and saving my BIOS to a USB/Profile slot. Then unplugged the system completely and removed the graphics card to get to the battery on the motherboard. Leave it out a few min then put it back in and reinstall graphics card / plug the power cable to the system back in. Clear the CMOS using the button on the back of the motherboard and then power the system up - go to BIOS and restore your saved one.

Since I did this i've had no issues at all with fans/aio/temps. This may not work for you, but I found all these things on various forums over the period of a few weeks and after putting them all together the combination worked for me.
    My system hasn't seemed to had this issue for almost a day now. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but we shall see. The only thing I have changed in my system was in the power settings in Windows. For some reason, the minimum processor frequency was set to 0, which I manually set to 3900, my current CPU setting. My system did not lock up over night and hasn't had any temp sensor issues since that change. Because the issue is random though, it may just be fluke luck. Hopefully not though.

supertrekie PC Specs
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    My system hasn't seemed to had this issue for almost a day now. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but we shall see. The only thing I have changed in my system was in the power settings in Windows. For some reason, the minimum processor frequency was set to 0, which I manually set to 3900, my current CPU setting. My system did not lock up over night and hasn't had any temp sensor issues since that change. Because the issue is random though, it may just be fluke luck. Hopefully not though.
    Well if it does it again - pulling the power + battery is the only way to reset the SIO that controls all the sensors apparently. Been a few days now constant uptime and still no issues for me since doing it.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Well if it does it again - pulling the power + battery is the only way to reset the SIO that controls all the sensors apparently. Been a few days now constant uptime and still no issues for me since doing it.
    Will do! Asus should push something in the next BIOS release that resets the sensors just to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. This issue can potentially brick hardware, which isn't a good thing.

ROG Member Array

Good to hear. I have left my PSU unplugged and BIOS battery out while I'm at work today, and have updated to the latest Aida64 Beta last night.

Hopefully it will be successful, as apart from this issue, the Motherboard has been very good.

supertrekie PC Specs
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Angry

I had been problem free until today, at almost 1500 on the dot today the AIO and 2 fans died. They just went to 0 in AIDA64. Temps started rising fast and if I hadn't had AIDA64 setup to shutdown at 80C i dont know if it would have - other forums are talking about the SenseMISkew defaults causing the board to not recognize thermal max and shutdown...

The only changes I had made were selecting "SMBus access through ACPI (Asus Motherboards)" in the stability section of AIDA64 when going in there to enable DIMM thermal sensor support. That setting may be old, and it may have interfered with the recent beta changes that were supposed to fix this issue.

I disabled both since the failure and rebooted / reset the battery - will update if I have any further issues or if that seems like it broke the AIO/Fan controls again.

ROG Member Array

I have moved my fans off to a Fan controller so i can control them better, and had my pump on the AIO Header.

I did the reset on the bios and left the PC unpluged and without the BIOS battery yesterday all day, and tonight the AIO header shut off and my pump stopped again.

I was in the Oculus Rift and only noticed when the PC crashed. I have Aida running on my Tablet so It froze when the PC crashed and i can see that the AIO header was reporting 0 rpm when it crashed and the GPU was 82 degrees C, so it definitely wasn't pumping, as my fans were still running off the fan controller.

Gotta say, I'm over it. I will run the pump and all my fans off the Fan Controller at least until this is confirm,ed as fixed. Its not worth risking damage to my hardware from these failures.

ROG Enthusiast Array marblesrx7 PC Specs
    marblesrx7 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)F4-320016D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    MonitorLG 34" 21:9
    Storage #1HP 920EX 1TB NVME
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 960 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerXSPC RAYSTORM
    CaseNZXT S340 Red
    Power SupplyKINGWIN LAZER 1000W
    Keyboard REDRAGON YAMA
    Mouse RAZER NAGA
    Headset Logitech G230 Headset
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506 Speakers
    OS Windows 10 x64

I Have been experiencing the same problem. I'm gonna take my fans and put them on a controller as well until @ASUS get there fan and sensor problems resolved.

supertrekie PC Specs
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Okay I can confirm I'm still having issues with random fans and sensors just dying at random times. This is a huge problem, do I need to RMA this board or is this going to get fixed?? *This just can't happen, the CPU cooling can NOT keep failing this is a fatal flaw that will destroy a $500 CPU!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast