Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro S
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset ATHm50x
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Yamaha HS5
    OS Win10
    Network RouterRT-AC66U
    Accessory #1 Vertagear PL6000

I got the same problem here. Has happened twice on my stock 1700 cooler (Wraith Spire). System shuts down, flickers the RGB when powered on, but fails to do anything more (shuts itself off immediately). Had to clear CMOS to get it to boot, and for the fan to ramp up and actually do anything.

Have pause on error enabled, so I reach the message "CPU overheat" "F1 to enter bios", blah blah, which is where I then see the CPU temp at 100 degrees.

Just to try and find a trend, are you guys also running the 1201 bios version? Has anyone had this issue on the earlier version? I might have to forego my OC settings and run a less stable version, just to protect my CPU. If it happens to me again, I'll be rolling back immediately and will report my findings. This is crazy bad, ASUS!

Ex-employee Array

I'm sure someone has probably already tried this, but has anyone tried plugging in the pump header to a different fan header on the motherboard and plugged a fan into the CPU_FAN slot and see if the fan actually has the same issue where it would all of a sudden stop? Disabling Q-Fan in BIOS means that it's just running 100% on DC mode and honestly it shouldn't all of a sudden lose all power to that port.

I'll follow up on this with our motherboard team and see if they're already working on this issue.

ROG Member Array

I had a spare case fan I have connected to the CPU Fan header. I have also disabled QFan in the BIOS .

Should say I have still not had any reply from ASUS Support on the ticket i raised for this. The web portal says it is In Progress, but there has been no reply and it has been over a week now.
    Last edited by MorganH76; 06-24-2017 at 08:49 AM.

ROG Member Array

Last night everything went OK with the CPU fan header, but this morning, within 3 hours i noticed the Fan i had connected had stopped spinning.

Rebooted the PC and as soon as the BIOS post screen came up, the fan started spinning again.

I had only disabled QFan on the CPU Header previously, as it is the only one in use now with this test fan, but I have now also disabled QFan on the all the fan headers, even those not in use.

I will report back when it fails again.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

If you can find ways to reliably replicate it, create an entry into the bug report form.
    Go into as much detail as possible, so that the team stand a good chance of experiencing the issue.

ROG Member Array

Just had it happen again now after roughly 3 hours uptime.
    I have already posted in the Big Report Forum, but there doesn't seem to be much else to report as it has happened with QFan enabled and disabled now. And it's pretty much just plug in a fan and wait. But I will update my post with the info about Qfan enabled and disabled.
    Last edited by MorganH76; 06-26-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Thank you all for coming forward to report this issue, I think there are enough reports now to show that this isn't a single case issue or an issue with the hardware. I have passed on the information over to our MB team to look into this.

Can someone post full replication steps? Include BIOS version used, whether AI Suite/Fan Xpert is being used for profiles, or if everything is done from UEFI. Will try on a system we have here. Not been successful in finding this so far.

We've managed to replicate the fans getting stuck at high speed by using Fan Xpert. Will test some more. In the meantime, any of you have some firm replication instructions, please present them in a post.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Can someone post full replication steps? Include BIOS version used, whether AI Suite/Fan Xpert is being used for profiles, or if everything is done from UEFI. Will try on a system we have here. Not been successful in finding this so far.
    Hi Raja,

I am having the issue with the fans gets stuck at 100% randomly (I also made an official bug report originally as you may remember).

I just want to add that I have NO Asus software installed apart from the latest version of Aura, BIOS is 1403 as I said previously.

My fans are purely controlled by the BIOS and BIOS alone - no fan management is installed in windows, which leads me to believe that the fans getting stuck at 100% are not related to AI Suite or whatever.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast