Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baskura View Post
    Hi Raja,

I am having the issue with the fans gets stuck at 100% randomly (I also made an official bug report originally as you may remember).

I just want to add that I have NO Asus software installed apart from the latest version of Aura, BIOS is 1403 as I said previously.

My fans are purely controlled by the BIOS and BIOS alone - no fan management is installed in windows, which leads me to believe that the fans getting stuck at 100% are not related to AI Suite or whatever.

Can you post up a UEFI profile so that I can see which settings you're changing?

Any other ASUS software on the system? What about third-party monitoring tools?

If you have other monitoring software don't run it, terminate associated services, and check if it still occurs.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Can you post up a UEFI profile so that I can see which settings you're changing?

If you have other monitoring software don't run it, terminate associated services, and check if it still occurs.
    Hi Raja,

Full Bios settings are here:
    https://pastebin.com/eHTpKSkw

Only monitoring software I run is HWinfo64 and Corsair Link for my H115i.

I will test with these closed and report back.
    Last edited by Baskura; 07-05-2017 at 12:28 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

Ok, tested with both HWinfo64 and Corsair Link closed. Benched with Aida64 and it still happened.

Evening more worryingly, on one run my fans (both case and CPU) didn't spin up AT ALL, they just stayed at their lowest speed causing the benchmark to fail.

Rebooted, tested again, fans did spin up to max RPM this time and then got stuck there after 15 minutes.

Something is seriously wrong with fan control here.

I have NO Asus programs installed except Aura, also running a clean install of Windows 10 x64 as I formatted to see if it would fix the issue - it did not.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baskura View Post
    Ok, tested with both HWinfo64 and Corsair Link closed. Benched with Aida64 and it still happened.

Evening more worryingly, on one run my fans (both case and CPU) didn't spin up AT ALL, they just stayed at their lowest speed causing the benchmark to fail.

Rebooted, tested again, fans did spin up to max RPM this time and then got stuck there after 15 minutes.

Something is seriously wrong with fan control here.

I have NO Asus programs installed except Aura, also running a clean install of Windows 10 x64 as I formatted to see if it would fix the issue - it did not.
    Can you try without AIDA64, too? Use a stress test like Prime95, which doesn't monitor system stats. Just keep an eye on the fans

ROG Member Array

Thanks for looking into this guys

I have updated to the latest 1403 BIOS tonight. I have the Power Saving setting on in the BIOS, which other people may not have as i think most people are overclocking. Everything is on Auto, and i just change the RAM dropdown to 3466 currently, was 3200 on 1201 BIOS. My ram is the GSkill Trident Z RGB 4000.

I have not seen the issue with the fans going to 100% and staying there, and I have been doing some testing with the Intel Burn In tool to max out the Ram and CPU, but my fans always return to normal.

I have also got an EK custom loop now instead of my Corsair AIO, and I am using CPU Fan header for the Fans, and AIO Pump for the Pump, both set to PWM now.

I also have Logitech ARX Running which is sending Aida 64 to my tablet.

Both headers are currently working as expected in PWM mode, but I will update if the headers shut down using this 1403 BIOS.

The only other thing I have is 2 Cablemod RGB Aura compatible LED strips running off the RGB Headers. I have not had any issues at all with the RGB, and the RGB headers always stayed responsive previously when the Fan headers would shut down.

EDIT - The only ASUS software I have installed is the Aura software.
    Also I updated originally to 1201 via the Internet through the BIOS itself, whereas going to 1403 I downloaded the file from the website and saved to a USB and flashed it off that through the BIOS.
    Last edited by MorganH76; 07-06-2017 at 10:37 PM.

ROG Member Array

This morning after about 90 minutes up time I noticed the AIO Pump header is reporting 0 rpm in Aida64. However unlike previous times this has happened, my temps are still low, so I believe the pump is still running at the low PWM rpm.

This is a different behaviour than I was experiencing in 1201, as i actually plugged a case fan into the headers to test that and saw it stop.

I tried to feel the pump, but it is mounted to the Radiator which is also attached to running fans, so i can feel a slight vibration and not sure if its the pump or the fans.

Seeing as my temps aren't climbing, i decided to fire off the Intel Burn tool V2, and the CPU heated up to the expected level and then when i stopped, it cooled back down as expected.

So I believe in this instance, the header has not actually shut off like it did in the 1201 bios, but it is just reporting 0 rpm if that makes sense.

I was running Aida so I can monitor the Pump RPM, as its not like a fan where you can see it spinning. Is there different software people recommend to monitor the fan speeds, as this may be an Aida issue, although the CPU Fan header is still reporting correctly.
    Last edited by MorganH76; 07-07-2017 at 11:41 PM.

ROG Member Array

fans wouldn't work on cpu header and aio header

i had the kraken x62 aio on it and i wouldn't work. had it plug in to the aio header first with one of the fans in the cpu header. my temp were almost reaching 100 c on start up so i switch it wot the cpu header and it still never worked ...i remove the kraken x62 and put in the stock fan and it booted fine .. enter the bios and set up the overclock. and went on my way.. stress test the system and it would crash under heavy load .. never went pass 3.8 ghz on my overclock.... the cpu q-led is lit green and the ram is blinking yellow when it crashes ... i use memtest to test the ram and it pass with no errors. so i tested the system in occt and it came back saying the cpu #3 had an error also my voltage is really high on this board i was at 1.425 or higher just on auto .. tried to set my vcore volt at a lower value but it would still crash in real bench .. had my ram set and default and with standard oc and it would still crash... not sure what else to try at this point

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by BlowUpDaChron View Post
    i had the kraken x62 aio on it and i wouldn't work. had it plug in to the aio header first with one of the fans in the cpu header. my temp were almost reaching 100 c on start up so i switch it wot the cpu header and it still never worked ...i remove the kraken x62 and put in the stock fan and it booted fine .. enter the bios and set up the overclock. and went on my way.. stress test the system and it would crash under heavy load .. never went pass 3.8 ghz on my overclock.... the cpu q-led is lit green and the ram is blinking yellow when it crashes ... i use memtest to test the ram and it pass with no errors. so i tested the system in occt and it came back saying the cpu #3 had an error also my voltage is really high on this board i was at 1.425 or higher just on auto .. tried to set my vcore volt at a lower value but it would still crash in real bench .. had my ram set and default and with standard oc and it would still crash... not sure what else to try at this point
    That's interesting that you mention your voltage going really high. I had my system running at 4GHz at 1.375V and my RAM running at 3466C14 at .1.375V on 1401. It all seemed fine when I moved on up to 1403 until a couple of nights ago. *My system powered off for no reason and then trying to get anything stable for overlocking over 3.8GHz and 3200MHz C14 on the RAM has been a true royal pain in the butt for anything remotely stable. I have had two system shutdowns in the past day with the system halting at the POST with a CPU Fan error. I am using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 360 with the pump connected to the AIO connector and the fan controller powering the 6 radiator fans connected to the CPU Fan header. A few minutes before my system shutdown this evening, I noticed my temps were climbing on the CPU slowly while the system was idling. My CPU idle temp is usually around 20C and it was at 45C and climbing before it powered off about 5 minutes later and rebooted to the CPU Fan error.

Are these boards failing or is the 1403 BIOS that much of a clusterf*ck? This is definitely not normal! If I have to RMA this board with no reason as to why this is happening. I am going to go buy something from another manufacture to replace it with. I have Q-Fan disabled also.

ROG Member Array

It killed my cpu

Quote Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
    That's interesting that you mention your voltage going really high. I had my system running at 4GHz at 1.375V and my RAM running at 3466C14 at .1.375V on 1401. It all seemed fine when I moved on up to 1403 until a couple of nights ago. *My system powered off for no reason and then trying to get anything stable for overlocking over 3.8GHz and 3200MHz C14 on the RAM has been a true royal pain in the butt for anything remotely stable. I have had two system shutdowns in the past day with the system halting at the POST with a CPU Fan error. I am using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 360 with the pump connected to the AIO connector and the fan controller powering the 6 radiator fans connected to the CPU Fan header. A few minutes before my system shutdown this evening, I noticed my temps were climbing on the CPU slowly while the system was idling. My CPU idle temp is usually around 20C and it was at 45C and climbing before it powered off about 5 minutes later and rebooted to the CPU Fan error.

Are these boards failing or is the 1403 BIOS that much of a clusterf*ck? This is definitely not normal! If I have to RMA this board with no reason as to why this is happening. I am going to go buy something from another manufacture to replace it with. I have Q-Fan disabled also.
    yeah i tried to get it to run at 1.35 v at any ghz but it would not .. voltage was always above 1.425 .. i also unplug the four pin cpu power thinking it was the case but it was not soo with the aio failing first on the aio header and my temp reach 100 it brick the cpu ,, when i pull up hardware montier it would show all voltage in my cpu but 0 on core#3 .. but in cinabench it would show that all threads were working at 100% it was weird .. i had a few days left to rma it so i did just that.. wrap up the aio motherboard and cpu and sent it back to newegg ... only problem now is there is no kraken x62 in stock soo i might have to just get a refund .. all and all i'm hoping this will all work out with the rma Cuz i really liked the bios on asus motherboards i'm a console gamer who was looking for a better gaming exp but all i got so far is a bad one.. ps4 $600 on day one still works fine .. My Custom Pc almost at $3000 and i'm force to use a laptop ..btw Im Canadian if u are looking those prices saying what!!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by BlowUpDaChron View Post
    yeah i tried to get it to run at 1.35 v at any ghz but it would not .. voltage was always above 1.425 .. i also unplug the four pin cpu power thinking it was the case but it was not soo with the aio failing first on the aio header and my temp reach 100 it brick the cpu ,, when i pull up hardware montier it would show all voltage in my cpu but 0 on core#3 .. but in cinabench it would show that all threads were working at 100% it was weird .. i had a few days left to rma it so i did just that.. wrap up the aio motherboard and cpu and sent it back to newegg ... only problem now is there is no kraken x62 in stock soo i might have to just get a refund .. all and all i'm hoping this will all work out with the rma Cuz i really liked the bios on asus motherboards i'm a console gamer who was looking for a better gaming exp but all i got so far is a bad one.. ps4 $600 on day one still works fine .. My Custom Pc almost at $3000 and i'm force to use a laptop ..btw Im Canadian if u are looking those prices saying what!!
    I am actually Canadian as well. I spent about half of the year in Virginia though. Prices in Canada are way out of control for a lot of things. Gotta love that sinking Peso... I mean, dollar. :P

I have spent the better part of the day verifying settings. Q-Fan is disabled on everything, including the pump, which should put everything at 100% all of the time. I have cleared the CMOS and even reflashed the BIOS via the button method with a USB key and set everything once again. I did request an RMA through the Asus website and may sent off my board on Monday if I can't find a solution to this mess. My system does have two fan controllers, one of which I could connect the pump to. Not having readings from the radiator fans and pump is not something I would want to settle for.

I am using an Arctic Cooling Freezer 360 but I built a system back in early May for my Mom that uses the Arctic Cooling Freezer 240. Both do an excellent job cooling an overclocked 1700X. The push pull design though requires quite a lot of clearance. If you can't find another Kraken, I don't think you would be disappointed with what Arctic Cooling offers as long as you have the clearance for it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast