Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I am finding that the ITE IT8665E eventually malfunctions over time due to monitoring software and I have to reboot to correct. I have to run monitoring software to make sure the chip isn't malfunctioning, because it can ruin my system if I don't keep an eye on it.

It is best to disable Q-Fan control, so that the important fans are not affected when the SuperIO malfunctions.
    Last edited by PeZzy; 07-18-2017 at 11:39 PM.

ROG Member Array supertrekie PC Specs
    supertrekie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN R7 1800X @ 4GHZ
    Memory (part number)GSKILL FLARE-X 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980ti HYBRID
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2x4 4TB Seagate ST4000DM000
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    CaseFRACTAL - DEFINE XL R2
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    Headset/Speakers ULTRASONE PRO 750 + LITTLE DOTI+ AMP
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Quote Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
    It is best to disable Q-Fan control, so that the important fans are not affected when the SuperIO malfunctions.
    The problem is, Q-Fan control is disabled for the AIO on the motherboard and yet it still fails. This causes an overheat and thermal shutdown which is absolutely unacceptable, if everything else were to fail as long as the pump is still running you will have rudimentary cooling with the radiator area and natural airflow into/out of the case. The AIO header failure is the worst possible situation and will cause a lot of damage.

ROG Member Array

Odd thing was with mine, since i updated to 1403 bios i didnt have 1 shutdown, until i let the bios clear out (no power and battery) and reset it.

Now my initial issue of the headers sying is back.

I had this on 1201, but since going to 1403 I only ever had the sensor stop responding but the headers remained functional and pumps and fans kept operating.

The CPU fan header is literally the 1 thing you need to have not crap out on a motherboard.

I would like to try a Beta bios that has the QFan stuff completely removed, as i am not confident that disabling it is actually disabling it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by supertrekie View Post
    The problem is, Q-Fan control is disabled for the AIO on the motherboard and yet it still fails. This causes an overheat and thermal shutdown which is absolutely unacceptable, if everything else were to fail as long as the pump is still running you will have rudimentary cooling with the radiator area and natural airflow into/out of the case. The AIO header failure is the worst possible situation and will cause a lot of damage.
    What AIO are you using and what software are you using to control it? Can you cut the polling rate for AIDA in half? Disabling the Q-Fan for unused chassis fans headers seems to reduce the load on the SuperIO chip. Don't set the BIOS to control any fans.

ROG Member Array supertrekie PC Specs
    supertrekie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN R7 1800X @ 4GHZ
    Memory (part number)GSKILL FLARE-X 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GTX 980ti HYBRID
    Sound CardCREATIVE 1212M
    MonitorASUS PB278Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2x4 4TB Seagate ST4000DM000
    CPU CoolerCM NEPTON 280L
    CaseFRACTAL - DEFINE XL R2
    Power SupplyANTEC 750W
    Mouse LOGITECH G600
    Headset/Speakers ULTRASONE PRO 750 + LITTLE DOTI+ AMP
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterPFSENSE

Quote Originally Posted by PeZzy View Post
    What AIO are you using and what software are you using to control it? Can you cut the polling rate for AIDA in half? Disabling the Q-Fan for unused chassis fans headers seems to reduce the load on the SuperIO chip. Don't set the BIOS to control any fans.
    I don't use any software to control the AIO just QFAN off in BIOS, I was using the lastest BETA of AIDA64 to *monitor it and temps/fanspeeds. I will try what you say about cutting polling in half, right now AIDA is doing a lot: logging everything every 10s into a log file, it is set to email Alerts on several sensors, lots of sensors every 5s on the OSD, and LCD sensors running for viewing by HTML every 10s, all this could be overloading the SuperIO?

I do also have setting for the fans in BIOS. I have some heavy duty fans I don't want at full blast - but if thats what it takes until this gets fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by supertrekie View Post
    I do also have setting for the fans in BIOS. I have some heavy duty fans I don't want at full blast - but if thats what it takes until this gets fixed...
    Select Silent to Turbo, but don't select Manual.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up Problem still here

After few month i still have the problem with the 1602 bios , it's unacceptable , my watercooling pump (on wpump+ or aio pump) and fan (fan2) sometimes stop it's wonderfull ,everyday i ****ing hope to not fry my cpu and gpu , so when will you repair this problem ?
    its a shame i bought this motherboards the first day i m really disappointed (after bunch of problem with memory)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEzQV75LDL0

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by kittybox View Post
    After few month i still have the problem with the 1602 bios , it's unacceptable , my watercooling pump (on wpump+ or aio pump) and fan (fan2) sometimes stop it's wonderfull ,everyday i ****ing hope to not fry my cpu and gpu , so when will you repair this problem ?
    its a shame i bought this motherboards the first day i m really disappointed (after bunch of problem with memory)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEzQV75LDL0
    There was a thread about this issue. I haven't experienced it in quite a while but I do have all of the Q-Fan garbage disabled.

Edit: Here is the thread I mentioned.
    Last edited by Syaoran; 09-24-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Syaoran

New ROGer Array

Here is the evidence of fan header fault. I'am using AIDA64 Extreme (beta) 5.92.4358. Sorry for focus hunting. I forgot to clean lens of the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lh4WQ2io3c&t=2s

it occurs on every fan header including aio pump header. Don't ask me where is the aio. My aio kit not in this video because its in RMA. This board stopped cpu fan header and my aio pump broken because of high water temp

The bios on the video was 1403 and nothing fixed with 1501 nor 1602.
    Last edited by Joseph84; 10-01-2017 at 06:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Syaoran PC Specs
    Syaoran PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62 7RD
    MotherboardGigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.8GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ (4 X 8GB) @ 3333 C14-13-13-13-34
    Graphics Card #1Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    Graphics Card #2Powercolor Red Dragon Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung 49" LC49HG900MNXZA 32:9
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Freezer 360
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Primo SE (Green)
    Power SupplySilverStone Strider ST1200G
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Brown
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Corsair VOID Pro Wireless RGB
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo HT-S7700
    OS Windows 10 Education x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68W

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph84 View Post
    Here is the evidence of fan header fault. I'am using AIDA64 Extreme (beta) 5.92.4358. Sorry for focus hunting. I forgot to clean lens of the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lh4WQ2io3c&t=2s

it occurs on every fan header including aio pump header. Don't ask me where is the aio. My aio kit not in this video because its in RMA. This board stopped cpu fan header and my aio pump broken because of high water temp

The bios on the video was 1403 and nothing fixed with 1501 nor 1602.
    The only way to minimize it from happening is to completely disable Q-Fan. The only way to prevent that from happening is to use a fan controller.
    Syaoran

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast