cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW Bluetooth problems

superluig164
Level 7
Hello,
When I first purcahsed my GL752VW, Bluetooth worked wonderfully. I used it for Wii remotes, bluetooth controllers, speakers, headphones, and the like. However, recently, for some reason, a whole bunch of things got messed up, namely Bluetooth. I've fixed everything else with simple restarts and driver updates/repairs, but Bluetooth doesn't want to work. Based on what I've seen, the driver for Bluetooth (Intel driver) is installed and up-to-date. However, Device Manager (and Windows itself, therefore also anything in Windows) doesn't detect that I even have Bluetooth hardware. When I run the troubleshooter, it finishes saying that I do not have Bluetooth hardware installed, or if I do, it is disconnected. Obviously I have hardware since it worked before, and I haven't changed anything, but I don't know why it would be "disconnected" or not working, unless a) the hardware itself malfunctioned or b) Windows uninstalled the device and no longer detects it unless it's unplugged and plugged back in (which I don't think I can do while the computer is on).

In either scenario, can someone help? I don't know where I'd find working hardware if mine doesn't work, or how I would get Windows to detect my hardware so the driver can actually do its job.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

U2Desire
Level 7
When I have BT problems I go into Device Manager Bluetooth section and uninstall "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) than go to action and Scan for Hardware changes and than reconnect my BT devices. I had to do this after upgrading to Creator's update because my Microsoft BT Mouse started acting funny and it fixed it right up.

You see, I tried that, but when I scan for hardware changes, Bluetooth no longer shows up. I can't find any of my Bluetooth devices, nor my actual bluetooth hardware, in Device Manager, even though I know I have Bluetooth since I used it all the time.

Did you ever sort this issue?
I have the same problem, which is intermitant, and I have suffered for months. I did speak to ASUS while my laptop was under warranty but their response was to reset Windows, which, as this is a work machine is not acceptable. They did not even try any diagnostics...

I believe the issue is hardware component failing, and could be related to heat... After a number of days the Bluetooth comes back on and works for a few weeks before it fails again.

I might take the bottom off the device to see if the Bluetooth component is swappable...

Caggers wrote:
Did you ever sort this issue?
I have the same problem, which is intermitant, and I have suffered for months. I did speak to ASUS while my laptop was under warranty but their response was to reset Windows, which, as this is a work machine is not acceptable. They did not even try any diagnostics...

I believe the issue is hardware component failing, and could be related to heat... After a number of days the Bluetooth comes back on and works for a few weeks before it fails again.

I might take the bottom off the device to see if the Bluetooth component is swappable...

The Wifi/Bluetooth card is swappable. For me this issue was eventually fixed with Windows updates. It just kind of stopped happening, so I forgot about it. Now, using Ubuntu, the issue hasn't cropped up again, so I assume for me it was just a few bad updates.