Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Demoniacstar View Post
    i don't push...lol....
    Ha ha! I didn't mean "push" in a bad way -- maybe "motivated" would have been a better word choice.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Enthusiast Array whiskey-foxtrot PC Specs
    whiskey-foxtrot PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1RX480 CFX
    Graphics Card #2RX480 CFX
    Sound Cardon-board
    Monitor2 x Dell 32" 4k UP3216Q
    Storage #1960 EVO 2TB
    Storage #2Seagate IronWolf 10TB x 4
    CPU CoolerAlways EKWB loops - for everything!
    CaseThermaltake X71
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 Plat P2
    Keyboard Logitech RGB G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G Pro & Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G35 & Bose Lifestyle 525
    OS Windows 10 Pro / Debian
    Network RouterD-Link 890-L

Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    I know, right -- it's just that for people with less technical bent it's much easier to read the Thaiphoon Burner report. But the AIDA is very compact. But that's why I tell people who maybe are struggling with this to get it in Thaiphoon.

Thanks for the input and you're one of the people who pushed me into buying AIDA64 and I don't regret it.
    AIDA64 is definitely a great tool to have on hand; for memory issues I tend to fallback on Thaiphoon Burner as it's the easiest way to actually restore or write to SPD. In my case on Trident Z's which got corrupted by horrible LED controller software. I don't think you can write with the free version of Thaiphoon Burner, but the minimum is only $16 and well worth it just for the information alone. In the past I used it to write custom XMP profiles and have never looked back at another mem-tool since.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey-foxtrot View Post
    AIDA64 is definitely a great tool to have on hand; for memory issues I tend to fallback on Thaiphoon Burner as it's the easiest way to actually restore or write to SPD. In my case on Trident Z's which got corrupted by horrible LED controller software. I don't think you can write with the free version of Thaiphoon Burner, but the minimum is only $16 and well worth it just for the information alone. In the past I used it to write custom XMP profiles and have never looked back at another mem-tool since.
    I see people recovering their XMP data all the time with Thaiphoon so it's well thought of I know. I don't have RGB RAM (though my RGB on the motherboard is dead) and hopefully I won't have to worry about that particular issue. But prior to starting this Ryzen journey I'd never ever heard of Thaiphoon Burner. See what you learn when you have problems, lol?
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array syldon PC Specs
    syldon PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus crosshair VII
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW running at 3466 14-14-14-28
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080
    Graphics Card #2MSI 1080
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorAsus PB287Q X 2
    Storage #1480gb M2 samsung m961
    Storage #21tb 850 evo and 2tb 850 evo
    CPU Coolercorsair hydro 110i
    Casegeneric
    Power Supplytitanium 1600w platinum
    Keyboard corsair strafe
    Mouse logitech g700
    Headset logitech g930
    Mouse Pad corsair duo
    OS Windows 10 po
    Network RouterVirgin media super hub 2
    Accessory #1 https://imgur.com/KRQSu70

I tried the 945 beta on release and could not get off the 2133 mark. I have never loaded beyond 2666 on any version before. I still cant get to 3200 even with increased voltages and changing to command rate 2.

But I am a happy bunny. Currently running at 2800 with the setting retrieved from both Thaiphoon and Aida. Strangely it runs more stable with increased bclk. So I'm on bclk 102 and I will leave there for now. Bank holiday weekend coming up and all. The furthest it stretched to was bclk 107 but felt laggy. It passed the CPUz stress test and all, but didn't feel smooth. Have not tried any in between due to time.

So all in all a little bit further. thanks again.

Well, we'll all keep trying, won't we? Are we pioneers or idiots -- or maybe white mice in a maze? Ha ha, not sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2