cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Rightside USB problem

Zip1
Level 7
Brand new (6 weeks) G752-DH72, the only thing I have done is update the BIOS to 213
no apps added, some 3rd party removed, all ASUS branded apps still present.

The right side, rear USB port is unable to mount certain USB thumb drives, I have tried several different ones, both USB2 and USB3, it will only mount one of my six thumb drives in the rear port. All of the drives mount in all the other ports.
A 3rd party keyboard does NOT work or even light up, but does work in all other ports.

An externally powered hard drive does spin up and mount.
A LED mouse lights up and operates fine.

What else should I try? Is there anywhere I could look for diagnostics?

Thanks much
2 REPLIES 2

Losty
Level 7
So I was having a similar issues, and it was related to drivers. I ended up uninstalling all the drivers I got from ASUS, and let Win10 grab my newest ones, and it worked. Seriously, I uninstalled it all, rebooted, let windows update install it, rebooted, and it all worked. Magically.

Interesting. When you say you "uninstalled it all" do you mean the ASUS software in the Windows Programs and Features control panel (aka Settings - Apps & features)?

Or, did you also go into Device Manager and delete a bunch of drivers in there as well?

I'm certainly willing to trail & error this out one by one to find the culprit, but if you also went into Device Manager, that could get daunting...