cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only static sound in audio output

Mardiiiii
Level 7
goodday,

I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard.
I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio.

when I plug in speakers/headphones or earphones in the audio-output (motherboard + case output) all I hear is static and popping sounds (even when there's no sound playing) . when I disable the driver the static and popping sounds stop.

I've tried reinstalling the driver software (realtek HD audio) and disabling every other driver to see if any software is intervening with the driver. I've also tried different setting as setting it to AC '97 or HD audio and I've tried heaps of more things but didn't find any solution.

is there please someone who can help me? I'm out of ideas and can't find a solution on the internet.

thanks in advance,

Martijn

PS. At the moment I'm at work so I'm not able to provide all the specs of the PC But I'll try to provide as much information as I can if you need it.
Happy Days!

Mardiiiii
2 REPLIES 2

brkkab123
Level 7
Unplug your cases front panel HD Audio wire from the HD Audio port on the motherboard. Wrap the whole length of the wire in a thin wire harness and then re-plug it back into the motherboard. The noise should be gone now.
If it's not, open Device Manager > Click the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers > right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio and click on Uninstall.
Restart your pc.
Tip: Download and save the new driver below first. Don't install it until you follow the below steps. Unplug your internet connection until the driver is installed, then restart your pc again and replug your internet cable again.
Then re-download and re-install the Realtek High Definition Audio driver from this link. http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs