cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Management Engine Interface Failed Again

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
The MEI has failed again on my M8E mother board. Again, the PC takes too long to post. And one of the USB Controller Device has a problem. The MEI driver has been updated and installed, but cannot start due to Device Power Failure Code 10. I had this mother board RMA`d not too long ago for the same problem. They sent me a refurbished board. Asus said this refurbished board has a 3 year warranty.
Now, it looks like I`m going to have to RMA it again. Will Asus honor the 3 year warranty, because the receipt that I have from the repair center for the refurbished board has no dates on it. Why would they do that? Will Asus claim there is no warranty for it?
I can`t believe this happened again. 😞
6 REPLIES 6

Menthol
Level 14
Have you tried the other bios, and is the MEI version listed in the bios, if the MEI ver in bios says N/A the bios is corrupted and sometimes can be fixed by a re-flash or purchase of new bios

I assume the warranty will be from date of purchase of the original board

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
In the BIOS it says ME ver. 0.0.0.0
In the Device Manager it says the driver ver. is 11.0.5.1189
I am on BIOS ver. 3401

I purchased this board on 5/4/2016. Warranty should still be good.

Menthol
Level 14
I believe that ver. 0.0.0.0 is an indication of a bad bios chip/flash, is it the same on the second bios, either try flashing the bios using the Flashback method, purchase a new bios chip, or RMA the motherboard

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
Tonight I`ll try flashing the BIOS when I get home. I`m not sure what the second BIOS says yet. If this does not work, I`ll start an RMA.
I`ve never heard of being able to buy a BIOS chip. Where are they purchased from, and do the chips just push in the sockets, or soldered in?

Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
Tonight I`ll try flashing the BIOS when I get home. I`m not sure what the second BIOS says yet. If this does not work, I`ll start an RMA.
I`ve never heard of being able to buy a BIOS chip. Where are they purchased from, and do the chips just push in the sockets, or soldered in?

check here your answer will be here hopefully

http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I forgot to update this post about the MEI.
When I started the PC that evening, the warning flag was not there. it said the driver is working properly, and stayed working since. i don`t know what went wrong, but I think it was a temporary hardware conflict.