2. Open AFUIWINGUI.... of your notebook type in AMIUCP
    3. Choose Extract
    4. Select the one that has @ROM as its ID
    5. Give the file a name, whatever is fine then press Apply
    6. You'll get a bin file, insert that into a flash drive and plug it in
    7. Restart your notebook and enter BIOS
    8. Choose advanced mode and enter EZFLASH BIOS
    9. Choose your flash drive and then your bin file
    Thank you. I was able to extract and flash the new bios.

New ROGer Array

With Bios 303, I no longer have Gaming Center Manual Fan Boost (1-99%) shut down my computer.

Previously in Bios 302, manual fan boost was ineffective, ie. Max setting can still have a speed 2000-5100 rpm and 50% speed setting can sometimes have a speed faster than max setting.

It seems like the laptop shutdown because of incorrect chipset temperature. For example, CPU/GPU had temp around 55/45C, but Motherboard Chipset had temp in the 95C. Manual Fan Boost, because of incorrect setting, caused an increase in temperature, resulting Chipset temp to be 100C which would shutdown the computer.

After update, CPU and Motherboard Chipset have similar temperature of 55C.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ysers View Post
    With Bios 303, I no longer have Gaming Center Manual Fan Boost (1-99%) shut down my computer.

Previously in Bios 302, manual fan boost was ineffective, ie. Max setting can still have a speed 2000-5100 rpm and 50% speed setting can sometimes have a speed faster than max setting.

It seems like the laptop shutdown because of incorrect chipset temperature. For example, CPU/GPU had temp around 55/45C, but Motherboard Chipset had temp in the 95C. Manual Fan Boost, because of incorrect setting, caused an increase in temperature, resulting Chipset temp to be 100C which would shutdown the computer.

After update, CPU and Motherboard Chipset have similar temperature of 55C.
    Thanks for sharing your results with us.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Bahz and to all Asus gamers..

I installed the 303 BIOS update on my GL553VE laptop..it certainly eliminates the shutdown problem from the manual fan boost..it keeps all cpu, gpu and motherboard temperature at the same levels now.. All thanks to Bahz and the team for helping out on this..

In terms of temperature, laptop still goes to 80-85 degrees when playing games like ghost wild recon on medium settings with fan boost to 100%, however, that is understandable as the game is quite demanding.

One issue which has been prevailing since BIOS 303 update is the frame drops..the gpu usage decreases suddenly in between leading to fps drop from 55 to 30 and then back to normal..this happens only for a second and in interval of 5 mins (not regularly)..i tested this on ghost wild recon and few other games..

@Bahz - can you please look into the Frame drop issue..otherwise the BIOS 303 update is a great step in terms of improvement..

Regards,
    Sid

New ROGer Array

Can anyone share to me the BIOS 303 for GL553VE? I tried with bios 303 for GL553VD for my GL553VE but it didn't work

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Futaro1102 View Post
    Can anyone share to me the BIOS 303 for GL553VE? I tried with bios 303 for GL553VD for my GL553VE but it didn't work
    BIOS 303 will be back on the support site soon.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sid7886 View Post
    Hi Bahz and to all Asus gamers..

I installed the 303 BIOS update on my GL553VE laptop..it certainly eliminates the shutdown problem from the manual fan boost..it keeps all cpu, gpu and motherboard temperature at the same levels now.. All thanks to Bahz and the team for helping out on this..

In terms of temperature, laptop still goes to 80-85 degrees when playing games like ghost wild recon on medium settings with fan boost to 100%, however, that is understandable as the game is quite demanding.

One issue which has been prevailing since BIOS 303 update is the frame drops..the gpu usage decreases suddenly in between leading to fps drop from 55 to 30 and then back to normal..this happens only for a second and in interval of 5 mins (not regularly)..i tested this on ghost wild recon and few other games..

@Bahz - can you please look into the Frame drop issue..otherwise the BIOS 303 update is a great step in terms of improvement..

Regards,
    Sid
    Thanks for reporting this.

Can anyone else confirm if you have this problem with BIOS version 303?

New ROGer Array

Talking

Hi Bahz and everyone!

When expected time the bios 303 will release?

Im installing PUBG and waiting for this

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Can I use previously downloaded hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    BIOS 303 will be back on the support site soon.
    Hi Bahz!
    I've downloaded 9Mb-hotfix 303 soon as it was released (end of august), but I did it with my smartphone and I had not install it for now. Today I was going to get it installed at last, but found that hotfix disappeared. Can I use previously downloaded file or it is somehow incomplete and I should wait for re-realise of hotfix?
    Anyway, thank you and Asus Team for releasing it!

P.S.: Can you make clear, please: is hotfix executable with WinFlash from Gl553's official support section?

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Obsidian View Post
    Hi Bahz!
    I've downloaded 9Mb-hotfix 303 soon as it was released (end of august), but I did it with my smartphone and I had not install it for now. Today I was going to get it installed at last, but found that hotfix disappeared. Can I use previously downloaded file or it is somehow incomplete and I should wait for re-realise of hotfix?
    Anyway, thank you and Asus Team for releasing it!

P.S.: Can you make clear, please: is hotfix executable with WinFlash from Gl553's official support section?
    I wish I can confirm this with you, I was told that that BIOS 303 will be released again soon but with the BIOS installer tool so no longer requires the need to extract out the BIOS file.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast