Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

BIOS 303 Update

Hi Bahz..I checked my laptop again and it seems to be running fine now..I dont see any hiccup in FPS while playing games..Could you provide some visibility on the BIOS update on the website for GL553VE..Its showing BIOS 302 to be the updated one (as of 7th Sept 2017)..the earlier BIOS hotfix (termed as BIOS 303) has been removed and you cannot update the new BIOS showing on website now as it has an older version 302..

Could you please confirm from your team if its okay to be running the 303 Hotfix Bios (which was released earlier). If not, what is way around to install BIOS 302 now..Ideally they should have termed that as BIOS 304 or something for installing it..

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
    SId

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mubex View Post
    No i don't have any issue on BIOS 302 regarding shutdown/crashing, except keyboard backlit function (fn+f3)
    does not work properly to turn the lights off, But that's something i can live with
    Other than that 302 seems pretty stable for me for my every day use.
    Hi Mubex!
    Could you clarify a couple of things:
    1. Speaking of "i don't have any issue on BIOS 302" you mean 2017/09/07 or 2017/03/16?
    2. If you mean 2017/03/16, so you haven't encounter shutdown in several minutes after manual tuning (except choosing 100%) Fan Boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulifyx View Post
    1. Open AMIUCP
    2. Open AFUIWINGUI.... of your notebook type in AMIUCP
    3. Choose Extract
    4. Select the one that has @ROM as its ID
    5. Give the file a name, whatever is fine then press Apply
    6. You'll get a bin file, insert that into a flash drive and plug it in
    7. Restart your notebook and enter BIOS
    8. Choose advanced mode and enter EZFLASH BIOS
    9. Choose your flash drive and then your bin file
    Soulifyx, thanks a lot! This algorithm is not easy to guess.
    Would you (or someone else, who has already done it) kindly help me with one thing: after "5. Give the file a name, whatever is fine then press Apply" i got a file, but it has no extension and is not recognized as .bin file (unless you type it in filename). Is it how it supposed to be?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Obsidian View Post
    Soulifyx, thanks a lot! This algorithm is not easy to guess.
    Would you (or someone else, who has already done it) kindly help me with one thing: after "5. Give the file a name, whatever is fine then press Apply" i got a file, but it has no extension and is not recognized as .bin file (unless you type it in filename). Is it how it supposed to be?

Thanks in advance!
    Just type newbios.bin. It should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    Just type newbios.bin. It should be fine.
    Thanks! :)

New ROGer Array

Hey man i just go for support page (https://www.asus.com/in/support/Down...vqzVP8ruaj/45/) and download the updated version of bios 302, but i checked downloaded file it still version 3/6/2017 (it should be 13/9/2017 or sometime around September). Any idea??

New ROGer Array Mubex PC Specs
    Mubex PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG GL553vD
    MotherboardGL553VD (U3E1) 303_BIOS
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700HQ
    Memory (part number)HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH
    Graphics Card #1Intel HD Graphics 630
    Graphics Card #2GeForce GTX 1050
    Storage #1Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630
    Storage #2Seagate ST2000LM007-1R8174
    Headset/Speakers sennheiser cx275s
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Futaro1102 View Post
    Hey man i just go for support page (https://www.asus.com/in/support/Down...vqzVP8ruaj/45/) and download the updated version of bios 302, but i checked downloaded file it still version 3/6/2017 (it should be 13/9/2017 or sometime around September). Any idea??
    Nobody has a clue why so since last 10 days. I Guess 302 has cognitive bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Futaro1102 View Post
    Both 302 bios are the same. I did compare both 302 using ultra compare, both match. Use 303 if you want to update.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    Both 302 bios are the same. I did compare both 302 using ultra compare, both match. Use 303 if you want to update.
    You have bios 303 file? Please send to me, thank you in advance!

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sid7886 View Post
    Hi Bahz..I checked my laptop again and it seems to be running fine now..I dont see any hiccup in FPS while playing games..Could you provide some visibility on the BIOS update on the website for GL553VE..Its showing BIOS 302 to be the updated one (as of 7th Sept 2017)..the earlier BIOS hotfix (termed as BIOS 303) has been removed and you cannot update the new BIOS showing on website now as it has an older version 302..

Could you please confirm from your team if its okay to be running the 303 Hotfix Bios (which was released earlier). If not, what is way around to install BIOS 302 now..Ideally they should have termed that as BIOS 304 or something for installing it..

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
    SId
    I'm trying to get this clarified, I would agree if this is the newer version then it should be renamed to BIOS 304. There's an internal process that's running right now and we're trying to determine when BIOS 303 will be released again. I'll update once I receive a reply from our service team.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast