cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VSK Touchpad issues/SD reader issues/Sound sonic issues/Thermal throttling issue

Thunderzzzu
Level 7
Hello all,
I'm a dedicated Asus fan, with a ROG G750JX, a GL702VSK and a Z170-A mobo along with tons of other stuff i have had in the previous years. I am extremely satisfied with the products, but i can't believe how bad the support is from Asus' side. I wrote to the official support regarding some issues with the G750JX 5 times (seriously) and they literally ignored the tickets i created. No reply till this date. Also, the official service company in Slovenia is crap. It takes them 2 weeks to diagnose an issues with a hard drive and then another 2 weeks to replace it, meanwhile i'm supposed to be without my computer.

The issue now is, that i bought a brand new GL702VSK (i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4, GTX1070, 256 pcie ssd) and i did the usual remove-all-the-bloatware reinstall of windows, and after that, i couldn't find the sound sonic software, which is supposed to be a part of the driver package. It literally doesn't exist inside the driver. I asked the local service center, they said i'm not installing the correct driver. I wrote to the North america asus livechat center, they said they can't help me. I mean what the hell ?!

Second issue is, the trackpad is ****. It lags, glitches. hops, whatever it wants to do, but mostly, the delay when scrolling is like 1 second so i'm forced to use pgup and pgdown or the arrow keys. It is a driver related issue (again), since running the touchpad without the official drivers fixes everything except the scrolling

Third issue is the SD card reader. Again, a driver related issue. It just doesn't work, no matter what card i put in to it and what driver i use.

And the last issue is thermal throttling. Running a quick cpu/gpu benchmark, on a cooling surface, the laptop does a 30% CPU throttle. Come onnnnn Asus, why bother selling "thin" laptops like this, if i can't even use it properly? I understand synthetic benchmarks do not show real-life results, but gaming (As this is a gaming laptop) also results in throttling.

If ANYONE has ANY clue on how to fix ANY of these issues, please help, because i have given up on Asus' "support" or how they call it ....

Best regards,
Aljaž Podpečan
7 REPLIES 7

Thunderzzzu
Level 7
BUMP... Someone help, please... The laptop is practically unusable - the touchpad is impossible to use without freaking out

As per my knowledge, there is an "eSupport" folder on your C: drive (or 😧 drive if you have M.2 SSD + HDD) that you have to back up as it contains software not downloadable online, like Sonic Studio.

xfuse wrote:
As per my knowledge, there is an "eSupport" folder on your C: drive (or 😧 drive if you have M.2 SSD + HDD) that you have to back up as it contains software not downloadable online, like Sonic Studio.

This is then not the case with my laptop, as the HDD hadn't even been initialized when i got it. The folder could've been on the SSD, but i formatted right after i got it. Even though, the support should've been able to give me an alternative download, instead of saying it does not exist on my computer!?

Asus, this is getting out of hand. I gave the laptop to the service center - they reinstalled windows, didn't install ANY updates (windows, nor asus updates) and said everything was working. Everything was indeed working, but after installing OFFICIAL ASUS DRIVERS, everything dies again. SD card reader doesn't work, Touchpad is glitchy. I'm trying to narrow it down myself, since obviously no one give a damn about the user experience - Untill now, the ATK package does not affect the SD card or Touchpad. I'll be trying to run everything without the chipset driver or any of the intel drivers, because it seems that it's one of those that's causing problems - probably the chipset one.

Regarding the Sonic studio software - you can't get it after you reinstall windows. Thanks asus! Switching to Dell as soon as i sell this one.

Since NO ONE was able to help me (not even ASUS), I decided to try to fix the problem on my own.

The issue is that Asus "Recommends Windows 10 PRO", but actually doesn't fully support it. For the drivers and hardware to work, you have to install the 1607 anniversary update and stick for it forever, because ASUS doesn't really update it's drivers once the laptop is out. Installing just the anniversary update and not the creators update fixed most of the problems. Thanks ASUS for nothing!

sent you a PM with a link to the eSupport folder that your system shipped with.

should help you get sonic studio working.*

jamreal18
Level 7
Thanks for this... Now I'm aware that this laptop is bad....