cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running W10-Creators Edition on a G752VY or G752VT ?

davemon50
Level 11
I've been avoiding the update to W10 Creators Edition on 3 machines due to the number of problems I'm seeing others have with the update. I own both these Asus models (in title) for me and my son, and am wondering if anyone has update and is running this edition successfully, and may have any tips.

The other day I checked on my son's G752VT and noticed somehow Windows Update had actually snuck in the Creators Edition update on that machine (or my son did it without me knowing, lol). It seems to be running okay, knock on wood. So I'm now thinking about updating the G752VY, and want to know how many of you have done this successfully?

The third machine is a desktop with the R5E10 so not asking about that one under this forum section for G-books. 😉
Davemon50
11 REPLIES 11

BoutTime01
Level 7
For what it's worth I updated my G752VT when Creator's came out. It fixed the popping speakers but Gaming Center stopped working. So I rolled back Windows and then I had loads of issues with missing .DLL files meaning loads of programs would start. And because of the missing files I couldn't uninstall and reinstall these affected programs. I used a Windows utility which repaired the installations and it's all good again. So I won't be updating again until I know it's stable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01
Level 7
* wouldn't start.

davemon50
Level 11
Thank you for the input, more reason to steer clear for a while, I guess. Anybody actually getting a successful update?
Davemon50

Have the G752VM and I'm also waiting. The update reminder is about as annoying as that free Windows 10 fiasco when I was using Windows 7. When do you (the collective you) think ASUS will provide some patches?? My machine is still under warranty. Suppose I could ask tech support.
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96

azwxguy wrote:
...The update reminder is about as annoying as that free Windows 10 fiasco when I was using Windows 7...

Man I cannot agree with you anymore. I am so sick of that dumb message that I have to review my settings first. Exactly like the W10 update message.
Davemon50

azwxguy wrote:
Have the G752VM and I'm also waiting. The update reminder is about as annoying as that free Windows 10 fiasco when I was using Windows 7. When do you (the collective you) think ASUS will provide some patches?? My machine is still under warranty. Suppose I could ask tech support.

And so, I have asked tech support. They responded very quickly, which is something new. An excerpt from the post:

There is no ETA provided for updates, however rest assured we are working on fixing any issues with the latest Creator's update and will roll out our own updates as soon as possible.

All the dates on the update page are 2015-2016. I'll be looking for some 2017 soon.
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96

BoutTime01
Level 7
I don't get the message. Possibly because Windows knows I tried it and rolled back.

Gustave
Level 9
Installed the Creators Update on most of my household PC's / notebooks right from the beginning. No problems whatsoever. Even my old Asus G71V runs 1703.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CladMaster
Level 7
I have not had any problems with the Creators build of Windows 10 on my G752VL which is lower spec'd in it's GPU over that of the G752VY or G752VT. Other than that, the G752VL has the same hardware on the motherboard.

Just to point out, I did a clean install of the Creators build, and it's running without issue(s).

I've not installed any of the ASUS bloatware, all that's installed are the drivers and the USB charger program and the Audio drivers minus Sonic.