Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xPepi View Post
    Wait...aren't pascal cards voltage capped at 1.093v? Meaning that doing a manual adjustment to the curve won't do anything?

I've seen my card hit the 1.093v as it needs to.
    Like I've already said, you need to use the voltage curve to try and achieve higher frequency at a *lower* voltage. Not higher. I think once you do some more homework on GPU Boost 3.0, these things will become clearer.

ROG Enthusiast Array xPepi PC Specs
    xPepi PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP ProBook 450 G3 with Samsung M2 SSD
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus Hero VIII
    Processor6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti G1
    MonitorBenq BL3200PT & Benq RL2460H
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250gb, 840 Evo 500gb
    Storage #2OCZ Agility 120gb, Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-d14
    CaseLian Li PC-7HX
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P
    Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset AKG K550, Logitech C910 Camera
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
    OS Windows 10 Home

So here's where I'm at.

I tried to manipulate the voltage curve by following a couple of guides but to be honest, found the whole process quite cumbersome.

I did learn or confirm maybe, that the voltage offset doesn't need to be moved and can be left at +0mV and I'm still able to maintain my +105 core and +400 mem OC.

I ran Valley, Heaven and Fire Strike. I don't have access to the other benchmark tests.

I then tried another +5 core increase and my fire strike graphics score went down.

I'm also not sure why Valley shows a core clock of 2025mhz when RivaTuner shows 1986 or slightly lower throughout the run. I'm assuming that the RivaTuner OSD is correct?

Most important factor for me is stability in gaming and so far so good while running Kingdom Come Deliverance.

I did want to achieve a stable 2000mhz/6000mhz because of my even number OCD but as many have said, performance wise it's negligible and I'm no benchmark junkie nor do I have the setup for it.

The core clock reading from Unigen benchmarks is inaccurate. Only use your GPU monitoring tool.

Overclocking using the voltage curve is very individual to the GPU, there's no guarantee one will be able to achieve a higher stable frequency with a lower voltage point, however, some cards will. It's always worth investigating. That kind of granular overclocking isn't for everyone, either.

ROG Enthusiast Array

A few weeks ago, i changed from an Rampage III Extreme with an I7 970 to an Asus Rampage VI Extreme with an I7 7820X.

WIth my old system i could push the core clock on my 1080ti to +50mhz. With my new Rampage VI Extreme mainboard i can only get till 36mhz (at +38 it starts crashing) on the Core clock. Memory Clock i have atm at +210, but here is still breathing room.

GPu temp under load with UniGine Superposition stays at 74c max. So temp isnt the problem here.

With an +36mhz on the Core i can hit 1974mhz on max load. Do i have bad luck in the sillicon lottery?

Having Sliders for Power Target, GPU Temp, Frame Rate Target all on max.

Or are there some settings in the bios which can improve GPU overclocking?

Last edited by Oxizee; 06-23-2018 at 12:50 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxizee View Post
    A few weeks ago, i changed from an Rampage III Extreme with an I7 970 to an Asus Rampage VI Extreme with an I7 7820X.

WIth my old system i could push the core clock on my 1080ti to +50mhz. With my new Rampage VI Extreme mainboard i can only get till 36mhz (at +38 it starts crashing) on the Core clock. Memory Clock i have atm at +210, but here is still breathing room.

GPu temp under load with UniGine Superposition stays at 74c max. So temp isnt the problem here.

With an +36mhz on the Core i can hit 1974mhz on max load. Do i have bad luck in the sillicon lottery?

Having Sliders for Power Target, GPU Temp, Frame Rate Target all on max.

Or are there some settings in the bios which can improve GPU overclocking?

Could well be just a change in ambient temperature or case temperature due to the difference in running gear, although the offset variation isn't that huge. Maybe try reducing the voltage offset slider. Sometimes when not adjusting the voltage curve manually, unlocking the higher voltage points (which is what you are doing by increasing the voltage slider) has a negative impact on stability.

Between 2000MHz and 2050MHz is the going rate for a 1080Ti.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ASUS; 06-27-2018 at 01:10 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Like i said before, temp isnt the problem here. This new case cools way better than my old case. When running the GPU at 1974mhz, max temp under 99% load is 68c degrees maximal!

What should i do with the voltage sliders?

Over the last few days, Memory clock is at +350mhz instead of 210 on the older screenshots. The cap for this i didnt found yet. I wish i could boost the GPU Clock a little more than +35mhz.

So tell me where to put the voltage sliders, or atleast for the higher performance levels (above 1900mhz). But what is the difference between manual and the user define? If i put 100% gpu voltage, and put GPU Clock somewhere it tries to push the max voltage at that speed. I had the GPU Voltage always on 100%, and if i am stuck at +36mhz, how can help an user define curve?

And for your information. I have the 1080ti OC version. Its kinda anoyying i only can push +35mhz on the core where others easily can put +100 or even +135. When use +50 on the core for example, the temp stays low around 60-70c degrees, but it just crash. Even when i keep the memory clock on default settings.
    Last edited by Oxizee; 06-27-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxizee View Post
    Like i said before, temp isnt the problem here. This new case cools way better than my old case. When running the GPU at 1974mhz, max temp under 99% load is 68c degrees maximal!

What should i do with the voltage sliders?

Over the last few days, Memory clock is at +350mhz instead of 210 on the older screenshots. The cap for this i didnt found yet. I wish i could boost the GPU Clock a little more than +35mhz.

So tell me where to put the voltage sliders, or atleast for the higher performance levels (above 1900mhz). But what is the difference between manual and the user define? If i put 100% gpu voltage, and put GPU Clock somewhere it tries to push the max voltage at that speed. I had the GPU Voltage always on 100%, and if i am stuck at +36mhz, how can help an user define curve?

And for your information. I have the 1080ti OC version. Its kinda anoyying i only can push +35mhz on the core where others easily can put +100 or even +135. When use +50 on the core for example, the temp stays low around 60-70c degrees, but it just crash. Even when i keep the memory clock on default settings.
    I don’t recall saying temperature was the problem, I said possibly due to change in ambient. It doesn’t take much for stability to become affected. For now, reduce the voltage slider to 0% and retest the maximum stable core offset.

If you had read the guide, you would have seen the section regarding manually adjusting the voltage curve in the effort to gain stability at a higher clock bin with less voltage. There is no magic bullet here, every card is different. You will first need to set your desired boost clock at the desired voltage point.

The difference between the voltage slider and user defined, is the slider simply unlocks the upper voltage points when increased, using the boost curve provided by Nvidia.

Besides putting the card on water, you may just have to accept the silicon lottery. The 1080Ti is plenty fast enough even at those boost clocks.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ASUS; 07-01-2018 at 06:21 AM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

I'm really crazy, guys here almost pushed me to gave up from Poseidon and I searched for 1080Ti Strix or even FE, or SC with plan to install waterblock on some of them.
    Completely forgot that check compatibility of waterblocks for ASUS GTX1080Ti Strix. Rev 2.0 fit on ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon.
    Who would done such nonsense when with Poseidon I have liquid cooling and I have option to install full cover same with Strix and FE, only here I could delay, with FE and Strix I'm only with Air.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array nickolp1974's Avatar

Nice guide Michael. In general does the OC version of this card clock any higher?? Are the cores binned?
    i9 9900K, ROG Gene XI, G.Skill 4266 and one big bucket!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast