Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I believe at the time that I had to use an nvidia hot fix driver to cure the problem. I think it was 382.19 HF driver. The later drivers up to 382.33 should be ok. Uninstall your old driver then use Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to get rid of all the old driver traces. Then install the later driver. This cured it for me. Windows 10 with some updates is still very buggy. It pays to use the latest drivers.
    I also found at the time that using legacy bios stopped the problem too, but I prefer using EUFI for speed and security.
    I also never ever use the Geforce experience; intrusive and annoying and leaves a mess after doing any updates.
    Choose custom install and un-tick all the stuff that you don't need. I just use the drivers and PhysX for some games; but you must choose what you need.
    I am sure it is not a hardware problem .

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Riicckk View Post
    I believe at the time that I had to use an nvidia hot fix driver to cure the problem. I think it was 382.19 HF driver. The later drivers up to 382.33 should be ok. Uninstall your old driver then use Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to get rid of all the old driver traces. Then install the later driver. This cured it for me. Windows 10 with some updates is still very buggy. It pays to use the latest drivers.
    I also found at the time that using legacy bios stopped the problem too, but I prefer using EUFI for speed and security.
    I also never ever use the Geforce experience; intrusive and annoying and leaves a mess after doing any updates.
    Choose custom install and un-tick all the stuff that you don't need. I just use the drivers and PhysX for some games; but you must choose what you need.
    I am sure it is not a hardware problem .
    Okay, I used Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode to completely remove my drivers. I then rebooted and installed 382.33 driver. I'll let you know if this fixes my issue

EDIT: It looks like I was already using 382.33 so I'm not sure this will change anything, but I will keep you informed.
    Last edited by LogicalUnit; 05-30-2017 at 06:47 AM.

ROG Member Array

So far, so good. The behaviour has not been exhibited again yet.

It's worth pointing out that this time I did *not* install GeForce Experience.
    Last edited by LogicalUnit; 06-05-2017 at 04:40 AM.

ROG Member Array

LogicalUnit & Riicckk, Can you run GPU Tweak and AI Suite after you reinstall the NVidia drivers over top of them?, i.e. can you install all 3 back to back , NVidia last and have a stable system? I'm having a terrible time with this, rebuilding/reimaging my machine many times. New Formula IV.

SideNote, I do run the experience as I record some clips.

Thanks all, much appreciated.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitzy View Post
    LogicalUnit & Riicckk, Can you run GPU Tweak and AI Suite after you reinstall the NVidia drivers over top of them?, i.e. can you install all 3 back to back , NVidia last and have a stable system? I'm having a terrible time with this, rebuilding/reimaging my machine many times. New Formula IV.

SideNote, I do run the experience as I record some clips.

Thanks all, much appreciated.
    Hi, GPU Tweak was causing my system to crash, some kind of error in IOmap64.sys. I'm not using that software any more.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I've always had problems with GPU tweaking programmes and Asus Ai Suite. They are more trouble than they are worth. Besides all adjustments are best performed in the bios; I've always found that is enough and far more stable. In all fairness, i'm using the Windows 10 Insider Program for IT reasons, which can be very buggy, so drivers and tweaking apps cant keep up. The more of these tweaking programmes that are installed on your computer the greater the mess they leave behind......
    I come from a generation when GPU tweaks were positively dangerous and could hose the graphics card. I know things have changed but if you want better graphics performance get a better card.

Ex-employee Array

Which version of GPU Tweak II were you guys using? Latest version is 1.4.6.6. It's definitely not crashing on any systems that I've tested it on. The program has been significantly improved over the past 6 months. If you check the list of versions, we've been narrowing in on issues and releasing versions frequently to address issues. It's always a long process to become a completely bug-free software but I'm quite certain we're making good progress.

ROG Member Array

Okay, this issue has not happened again for me since I removed GeForce Experience. Taking Riicckk's experience into account, my working theory is that GFE and not the driver version is causing this issue. I have made a post on the GeForce forums, but at the time of writing, no one has replied yet: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-boot-failure/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2