Power SupplyLc power 650w
    Keyboard Logitech g910
    Mouse Zl50 sniper
    Headset Steelseries sibwria elite prism
    Mouse Pad Razer fireflay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z5500
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterHuawei b315s

Yes it should be supported but with cracked drivers loool ...

ROG Member Array

So, will asus ever get DTS enabled drivers for this motherboa or what ?

If you can'ty support the features then don't include them with the motherboard, that's false AD !

This is starting to look real bad.

ROG Member Array KEyBAD PC Specs
    KEyBAD PC Specs
    MotherboardCROSSHAIR HERO VI
    ProcessorRyzen R7 2700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
    Graphics Card #1R9 290
    Sound CardCreative SoundBlaster Katana
    MonitorSamsung S27A950D
    Storage #1Corsair Force 3 SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital WD10EZEX
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos 2
    Power SupplySea Sonic X-650
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser G4ME ONE
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N56U

After enabling onboard soundcard and installing latest drivers my Xonar D2X stops live DD/DTS encoding, only bitsream sources (already encoded movies) has it.
    In another words i havent 5.1 anymore... WAT? WTF

---

So i restore system from restore point and all working ok. But if i go to my Sound Control Pannel in windows and do nothing - i got the same "no live DD/DTS". Something in windows is bad with thoose... licenses indeed.

Seems Audio CP from manufacturer can't sync with new W10 features. All works after restart if change nothing. Not tested this with mobo sound tho.
    Last edited by KEyBAD; 06-12-2017 at 08:51 AM.

ROG Member Array

benito parking

Quote Originally Posted by KEyBAD View Post
    After enabling onboard soundcard and installing latest drivers my Xonar D2X stops live DD/DTS encoding, only bitsream sources (already encoded movies) has it.
    In another words i havent 5.1 anymore... WAT? WTF

---

So i restore system from restore point and all working ok. But if i go to my Sound Control Pannel in windows and do nothing - i got the same "no live DD/DTS". Something in windows is bad with thoose... licenses indeed.

Seems Audio CP from manufacturer can't sync with new W10 features. All works after restart if change nothing. Not tested this with mobo sound tho.
    The only way to have DTS/DD working with the lastest windows 10 build is by cracking the RltkAPO.dll. Of course it would be better to have ASUS doing the work there as this motherboard is only 3 months old and the support we are receiving from ASUS is CRAP to say atleast.

Every other manufacturer has updated drivers allowing DTS/DD with their X370 boards.

I could not care less if ASUS team is busy doing something else with the X299 or X399, I have PAID for this board and it is lacking serious support since day ONE - We deserv a decent bios and driver support. No, you can't blame AMD on everything.

Now, I don't know about you guys but after 10 years of having nothing but asus boards I must say that the C6H is the last thing I will buy from ASUS. Way to screw with your consumer base ASUS !

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

If, is understand this thread properly, the driver should support DTS and DD encoding, but it doesn't? Has Asus made any statements regarding fixing the issue?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by danjw View Post
    If, is understand this thread properly, the driver should support DTS and DD encoding, but it doesn't? Has Asus made any statements regarding fixing the issue?
    Exactly.

No statements, they are playing dumb and will probably answer once they finally get this fixed - classic Asus.

The Strix ROG Strix X370-F audio drivers are newer but they do have the same problem. Only difference with these asus has been kind enough to add a note there stating that DTS/DD will only work with a ancient version of Windows 8, 7 and 10 ( build 493 ) .

The resume is that this board has left tos tores with no DTS capable driver and it still that way. You should go around unprotected with a vulnerable version of windows 10 ( 493 ) to be able to use DTS with a motherboard that has been released only 4 month's ago.

So, for DTS/DD with these boards you have two options:

1- Downgrade your system to ancient version and be vulnerable.

2- Download third party cracked drivers from the internet and risk getting screwed.

Really ugly.

uuhm as far as i know this board does not support DTS/DD, also no where in the specs of this board i can find anything about DTS/DD
    With mij sound blaster Z DTS aswel as DD is working just fine!
    Just out of confusion i looked at the asus website and like i said i can't find anything about dts/dd.
    Now with a verry old Creative sound card (a aincient one can't remember witch one) i could get DTS/DD "working" with 3rd party drivers thought this was like simulated DTS/DD not full/normal DTS/DD.

This is the only thing inforamtion i can find about the onboard sound:

ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
    - Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    - High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
    - SupremeFX Shielding Technology
    - ESS® ES9023P
    - Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *2
    Audio Feature :
    - Gold-plated jacks
    - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
    - Sonic Radar III
    - Sonic Studio III

uuhm as far as i know this board does not support DTS/DD, also no where in the specs of this board i can find anything about DTS/DD
    With mij sound blaster Z DTS aswel as DD is working just fine!
    Just out of confusion i looked at the asus website and like i said i can't find anything about dts/dd.
    Now with a verry old Creative sound card (a aincient one can't remember witch one) i could get DTS/DD "working" with 3rd party drivers thought this was like simulated DTS/DD not full/normal DTS/DD.

This is the only thing inforamtion i can find about the onboard sound:

ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
    - Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
    - Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
    - High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input
    - SupremeFX Shielding Technology
    - ESS® ES9023P
    - Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *2
    Audio Feature :
    - Gold-plated jacks
    - Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
    - Sonic Radar III
    - Sonic Studio III

ROG Member Array

1- Every ROG board I know does support DTS/DD,
    2- DTS apo is included with the boards dvd.
    3- There is a DTS tab in the Supreme FX panel of the CROSSHAIR VI HERO.
    4- Yes, it should support DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by jbasemoine View Post
    I
    Last edited by virpz; 06-17-2017 at 05:25 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I'm not an official Asus representative, I just happen to work for the company. What exactly is not working, DTS Connect? And it's not working with any official driver on any OS? But it's working with modded drivers which you can't use on newer Windows 10 builds?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast