cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby DTS/DD on Windows 10 - 15063.332- How ? When ?

virpz
Level 7
So, microsoft seems to have fixed the dolby encoding with last update, that's what they claim, that's what people with other audio solutions are reporting. Even modders of the realtek drivers can get it to work now and everybody seems to agree the issue is FIXED.

Myself, I still can't get DTS or DD output over optical with that board...Uninstalled, reinstalled latest drivers and still no good.

Anybody was able to get it working with the latest Win10 build + C6H ? How ?
42 REPLIES 42

PcZoneExtra
Level 7
Yeah i also wonder the same thing, i own logitech z5500, using toslink cable i cannot choose DTS connect or DD, Maybe this board dosent support DTS connect?? But this will be shame for that money

PcZoneExtra wrote:
Yeah i also wonder the same thing, i own logitech z5500, using toslink cable i cannot choose DTS connect or DD, Maybe this board dosent support DTS connect?? But this will be shame for that money

Well, I remember this board having DTS as a feature, the DVD has DTS apo among it's installation files, it has been stated by asus reps that this board should support DTS.
I hope ASUS not to play dumb on this one... The Rampage V Extreme was really extremely overmilked board, really disappointing... now this one is taking ages to get a decent bios and driver update.

dAlexis
Level 7
I asked customer support in Russia, and they told me, that DTS is impossible. Seems 2 me, they are wrong. Some sort of hack 4 the drivers should be present, but no mind, which exactly. Due 2 this, SB ZxR is in the system now. This card was working strange with AURA on, but now it's off and no problem.

I am getting DTS on my old Sony DAV-S550 surround reciever with VLC.
In VLC make sure to select tools, Preferences, Show settings, ALL (Bottom left corner), Audio, "Use S/PDIF when available".

On my old MB 970 Pro with FX-8350 VLC would sometimes stutter with this setting on when playing video with "AC-3 DD5.1 / Dolby Digital" through TOSLINK. If that happend then I turned S/PDIF off in VLC.

Running WIN 10 x64 Pro version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296), VLC 2.2.6 x64, C6H, Ryzen 5 1600X, Sounddrivers "High Definition Audio Device": Microsoft - 17-03-2017 - 10.0.15063.0.

Edit: Just had an update for Win 10. Now on WIN 10 x64 Pro version 1703 (OS Build 15063.332). No problems with DTS and DD in VLC through Toslink (Optical) with S/PDIF enabled in VLC.

jbasemoine
Level 9
uuuh it might just be me, but as far as i understand from multiple website's this board does not support DTS or dd with the onboard sound card, also nowhere in the audio drivers/programmas i see DTS or DD.

jbasemoine wrote:
uuuh it might just be me, but as far as i understand from multiple website's this board does not support DTS or dd with the onboard sound card, also nowhere in the audio drivers/programmas i see DTS or DD.

This definitely support DTS,s in fact almost every realtek chip launched in the last 10 years is capable. Now, inside the driver folder there is a program called DTS APO, if you you have the likes of windows 7 it works, it is just ASUS that seems to be really lazy nowdays with a board that has been launched only 3 months ago.

@jbasemoine

With the drivers provided by asus, can you select DTS as the default format under sound proprieties in Windows ?

If my memory serves me well all the ROG boards ever launched had DTS/DD, it would be a shame to not include these with the C6H.

I want DTS plus the likes of sonic radar. Hacked drivers have received an update at the same day microsoft got its side of the issue fixed.

Does anyone of offical pepole read this forum so we can get statement, that is supported or not? Or is it driver issue??

PcZoneExtra wrote:
Does anyone of offical pepole read this forum so we can get statement, that is supported or not? Or is it driver issue??

Seems 2 me, that it's not a driver, but DTS licensing issue. Looks like, that Realtek is too gredy, but the result with cracked drivers is not too good for them. 😄 4 me it's not very important, I have ZxR DTS encoder. Strange, but DTS encoder is present in the disk fro MB 🙂

dAlexis wrote:
Seems 2 me, that it's not a driver, but DTS licensing issue. Looks like, that Realtek is too gredy, but the result with cracked drivers is not too good for them. 😄 4 me it's not very important, I have ZxR DTS encoder. Strange, but DTS encoder is present in the disk fro MB 🙂

It was a SO issue, now it is a driver/licensing issue.

It is really simple - if you can't select dts under your digital output properties then it is not working.

I can enable DTS under the supremeFX audio settings ONLY if I use the cracked drivers that are around.

Now, it seems like if asus Reps are choosing to NOT awsner to this driver issue.