Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code 40

lildorf
Level 7
Ryzen 7 1800x
Asus Crosshair VI hero
Bios 1201

Every time I boot up I get a Q-Code 40, I have noticed that when going into the bios and then exiting I will boot up with a Q-Code of 24. I'm not booting up from a sleep or anything like that, but I am connected to a UPS. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I have tried resetting the memory as well, but no luck there.
1 REPLY 1

sphinx64
Level 7
lildorf wrote:
Ryzen 7 1800x
Asus Crosshair VI hero
Bios 1201

Every time I boot up I get a Q-Code 40, I have noticed that when going into the bios and then exiting I will boot up with a Q-Code of 24. I'm not booting up from a sleep or anything like that, but I am connected to a UPS. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? I have tried resetting the memory as well, but no luck there.

Code 24 is OEM pre-memory initialization code; CPU is trying to make sense of what sticks of ram are on the motherboard. Code 24 is not an error code, It may probably also happen if you happen to mistype entries of RAM manually in the Bios, because it happened to me..
Code 40 is in general terms means that the computer is waking up from sleep, but codes may change according to manufacturer.
Regards.