cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multipliers doesn't apply in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

BL_11
Level 7
I have an Asus G752VY with 6700HQ, I wanted to know if there are anyways to change the multipliers.
2 REPLIES 2

Ancients
Level 10
Unfortunately not. You can change the reference clock from 100MHz to 99.5MHz, but that is about it. And you can limit the CPU to a flat 2.5GHz through power plan settings, but you cannot change the multipliers themselves.

unclewebb
Level 10
If Intel Extreme Tuning Utility does not let you adjust your multipliers then use ThrottleStop instead. With ThrottleStop you can set your multipliers to whatever you want.

If you want to use the Set Multiplier feature, make sure SpeedStep is enabled and the FIVR - Non Turbo Ratio is set to 0.

To control the multiplier on a 6th or 7th Gen CPU, you should consider using Intel Speed Shift Technology. ThrottleStop lets you access that feature too for full control of the MHz of your CPU.

ThrottleStop also lets you adjust your CPU voltage and a whole lot more. If you do not understand how to set the program up, tell me what you want your CPU to do and post some pictures of how you have ThrottleStop setup.

ThrottleStop 8.48
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/