Q-Code CC then 55 on Maximum IX Hero

Megistrus
Level 7
Hi all,

Been having a problem with my new build. My specs are:

I7 7700k
Maximus IX Hero
EVGA DDR4-2400 16GB

After putting everything together, I get the Q-code CC (which isn't in the manual, so I don't know what it means), and then after about a minute, it switches to 55, indicating improper memory. After looking at some other threads on here, I flashed the CMOS, updated the BIOS, double checked the CPU and cooler to make sure there were no bent pins, and followed the MemOK instructions in the manual. Still nothing. I also tried all the available memory slots and configurations with no luck. I unfortunately don't have any extra DDR4 to test if the memory itself is bad.

I'm all out of ideas as to what could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

ficel666
Level 7
Hello I have exactly the same problem, even today when starting the pc, there is still Qled 55, I changed the port of RAMS and is start, my pc and assembled by a very serious seller, cybertek,I was with them when they did mounting,is my friend

In February 2017 I bought an i7 7700k and a msi gaming m7, there were a lot of problems,bootloop befor the bios, a month later the CM and the PROC have died, my salesman exchanged another PROC and an Ix hero, but he There are always problems

sdmf74
Level 11
I just had the same issue after exchanging my trident z rgb ram for a 32gb 3600mhz kit. Using XMP seting it would not boot, it was returning Q code 55. My prior
16gb 3600mhz kit worked great with xmp & actually even worked with Asus 3733mhz & 4000mhz overclock profiles!

so I switched off XMP in bios and entered ram settings manually. So far it is booting fine after simply raising ram voltage from 1.35v to 1.380v
However adjusting the VCCIO & SYSTEM AGENT voltage slightly might fix the code 55 issue also. You can check the kaby lake overclocking
guides/threads for proper voltage ranges for these two settings with your speed of ram.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

sdmf74 wrote:
I just had the same issue after exchanging my trident z rgb ram for a 32gb 3600mhz kit. Using XMP seting it would not boot, it was returning Q code 55. My prior
16gb 3600mhz kit worked great with xmp & actually even worked with Asus 3733mhz & 4000mhz overclock profiles!

so I switched off XMP in bios and entered ram settings manually. So far it is booting fine after simply raising ram voltage from 1.35v to 1.380v
However adjusting the VCCIO & SYSTEM AGENT voltage slightly might fix the code 55 issue also. You can check the kaby lake overclocking
guides/threads for proper voltage ranges for these two settings with your speed of ram.

Unfortunately I can't even get into BIOS to change any settings. I don't have any other DDR4 to test it with.

I too found mode 1 helpful, most people recommend using mode 2. I just wonder what these two settings actually change?

EDIT: Update 8/6, bios 1009 seems to have resolved code 55 issue on M9F using XMP as long as mode 1 is set. No longer needing 1.38-1.40v

sdmf74
Level 11
hAVE you tried using the "retry" or "safe boot" buttons on the motherboard? Assuming your motherboard has them

xherics
Level 7
As far as I made tests, memories which have default frequency 2400Mhz do not work on Asus Maximus IX motherboards.

I testes more types of memories, all of them with default 2400mhz, neither worked. Then I purchased memories with default fr. 2133 and then it was OK. Error code was the came, CC or 55 and I was not able to get into the bios as well.

It does not matter, how high the XMP frequency is, just the default one needs to be 2133.

See more details in my topic:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?90357-Maximus-IX-Code-Error-q-code-55-B1-CC

hello,I followed the advice of Nate152, it is 3 days no error QLED, I left the RAM to 2133
Maximus tweak Mode 1 - Helps with compatibility

hello,I followed the advice of Nate152, it is 3 days no error QLED, I left the RAM to 2133
Maximus tweak Mode 1 - Helps with compatibility