cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI suite test and easy uninstall?

Alexauwa
Level 7
Hi guys,

I want to try using the latest AI suite on my 6850k and see how the software does overclock compared to the manual way. Can I easily uninstall the software or are there known issues on windows 7 enterprise? Does the software write straight into the BIOS? Shall I save the default settings before using AI? Just asking since this forum is full of problems. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Amsterdam
Level 9
Alexauwa wrote:
Hi guys,

I want to try using the latest AI suite on my 6850k and see how the software does overclock compared to the manual way. Can I easily uninstall the software or are there known issues on windows 7 enterprise? Does the software write straight into the BIOS? Shall I save the default settings before using AI? Just asking since this forum is full of problems. Thanks.

The overclock function works good for me. If you want to keep it simple, use the 'Fast tunning'. It gave me a 14% overclock. When you like to have more, try 'Extreme Tunning', but be sure to select TPUII if you have watercooling. Unfortunately you can have some BSOD when you use 'Extreme Tunning' during the reboot sessions.
With this latest version I never had real problems after uninstalling the AI Suite. The software write straight into the bios, so if you like the settings be sure to write it to a profile. There's a standard option to go back to default settings, so you don't need to save your settings before you start with the AI Suite.

On the 'Extreme Tunning' settings my system was overclocked to 22% (5.2ghz) but with the use of a airco 🙂 good luck.

Alexauwa
Level 7
Thanks mate