cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g750 battery not recognized after mainboard change

ulgen
Level 7
Hello,

I have a problem with my g750jh. A while a ago, it started a habit of not turning on when power button was pressed. After about two months at ASUS service, it got a mainboard replacement.

When I recieved the notebook, I realized that it was turning on with AC power only: the computer not recognizing the battery. The orange sign is either always on: seems to charging or sometimes blinking. However the battery sign in windows taskbar says "plugged in and not charging" or " no battery is detected" In either case, the computer can only run in AC power, shuts abruptly if ac is removed. It is frustrating.

I tried removing/reinstalling the battery driver, battery iteself and even bought a replacement battery and tried that too. None of them seems to solve the problem. I really do not want to take the notebook to service again as ASUS service is very poor.

A different non-asus service suggeted that G-Series mainboards have to be matched with batteries but he could not find a solution.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Julskey
Level 10
Maybe it was a battery problem in the first place?

Julskey wrote:
Maybe it was a battery problem in the first place?

ı am sure it is not, both batteries and the adapter are tested with another g750.

I have also tried removing the power cord to check if it is a wrong sign but the computer turns off immediately.

Any suggestions?