cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am returning this board

vogner16
Level 7
I posted on here several times with problems I'm having that get worse with each bios. today is officially the day I have requested a replacement to newegg.

even after reseting to the day one bios I still get voltage spikes to 1.5 and my H100i cant keep the cpu under 80. about 30 secs after I get into windows regardless of the voltage I set it at the cpu overheats and shut down. I'm at a loss to what is wrong with it and have ordered for a replacement. if the new one dosent fix it I'm going to replace my 1800x and ram.

it seems that you guys are not having the issues I am and therefor I have to think its a faulty part.

rest in peace credibility in asus. here lies the last asus board I buy. considering ive only had asus for my main computer for 8 years now its a sad day indeed.
18 REPLIES 18

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi vogner16 🙂 and sorry to here your having issues.

Voltage spikes are not necessarily the MB and could be your PSU. 1.5V on the core would tend to raise temperatures like what you have at 80C under load.
Stress test using AIDA64 and HWInfo monitor at stock settings. Post the results here for analysis.
Describe exactly what Bios changes you made. Bios revisions are for RAM related issues mostly and not heat issues.
List the PSU and update your system profile specs.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

entropic-remnan
Level 9
Sorry to hear of your problems. Good lock moving on and I hope you find something you can use. With the incredible array of problems and broken promises on this board I'm sure you're not the only one.

MeanMachine: I think he's had enough. Sounds like he's tried a lot and your attempt to help could even be construed as insulting by some folks. Just an FYI in case you don't know how your post may come across even though I know you're just trying to help him -- especially considering the level of expertise I've seen you show you're a good resource. You just don't seem to be "asking" in that post, lol -- but actually making a demand.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Sorry to hear of your problems. Good lock moving on and I hope you find something you can use. With the incredible array of problems and broken promises on this board I'm sure you're not the only one.

MeanMachine: I think he's had enough. Sounds like he's tried a lot and your attempt to help could even be construed as insulting by some folks. Just an FYI in case you don't know how your post may come across even though I know you're just trying to help him -- especially considering the level of expertise I've seen you show you're a good resource. You just don't seem to be "asking" in that post, lol -- but actually making a demand.

Well that's the first time I've come across as insulting but thanks for your words of Wisdom of sorts however, I can't see a demand in my post.
It's a shame that too many first time builders of this AM4 platform are giving up when expectations are not met immediately.
Sure many are frustrated atm for obviouse reason but the failures are becoming the loudest voices and that's a shame.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Well that's the first time I've come across as insulting but thanks for your words of Wisdom of sorts however, I can't see a demand in my post.
It's a shame that too many first time builders of this AM4 platform are giving up when expectations are not met immediately.
Sure many are frustrated atm for obviouse reason but the failures are becoming the loudest voices and that's a shame.

Well, read what you wrote to get what I mean. You wrote it like you were issuing orders, lol. Like I said, I know what you meant, but someone who is really frustrated might see that as barking orders at them, 'Do this, do that, update your profile..." when really all they wanted is what they paid for.

I'm keeping my board and RGB aside I like the build quality and love how cool the VRM runs for instance at full load during stress tests -- very well designed in many ways.

But, this is a consumer product and if you go read the Crosshair VI page here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/overview/

So, reading that, is that what we've bought? Not yet, not by a long shot. It's premium priced and NOWHERE on that page does it say, "Oh, you're buying something that isn't finished, doesn't work as advertised, and there's no guarantee when it will do so."

It should not be a REQUIREMENT to be a dedicated technical expert to buy and use a modern mobo. If this guy is sick of the work involved I say go for it, return it. He paid his money and did not get what Asus promised. How long is one required to wait before getting one's money back?

This board should have been much more discounted or the marketing should have told the truth. Bottom line: Asus has lied and still lies about this board as you buy it. There's no other way to see it. It may not be a malicious thing, no -- but it is still the truth.

And that's why someone dropping in an saying, "Post this, do that" without so much as an offer to help (you didn't offer and ask him if he wanted help you just started telling him what to do) -- could be taken the wrong way.

If you don't understand how people could feel about this, then fine, but you should consider that not everyone WANTS to be challenged by this board and gets off making it work. Some people want to buy something that works and use it and that's what Asus said, and still says, this board is unless you go tunnel down here or at overclock.net or whatever. That should NOT be necessary on a top end product.

ASUS: PUT A DISCLAIMER ON YOUR PAGES. Otherwise you deserve the pain of refunding every unsatisfied buyer. As long as you promise to deliver something that isn't that OUT OF THE BOX, you're in the wrong.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Well, read what you wrote to get what I mean. You wrote it like you were issuing orders, lol. Like I said, I know what you meant, but someone who is really frustrated might see that as barking orders at them, 'Do this, do that, update your profile..." when really all they wanted is what they paid for.

I'm keeping my board and RGB aside I like the build quality and love how cool the VRM runs for instance at full load during stress tests -- very well designed in many ways.

But, this is a consumer product and if you go read the Crosshair VI page here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/overview/

So, reading that, is that what we've bought? Not yet, not by a long shot. It's premium priced and NOWHERE on that page does it say, "Oh, you're buying something that isn't finished, doesn't work as advertised, and there's no guarantee when it will do so."

It should not be a REQUIREMENT to be a dedicated technical expert to buy and use a modern mobo. If this guy is sick of the work involved I say go for it, return it. He paid his money and did not get what Asus promised. How long is one required to wait before getting one's money back?

This board should have been much more discounted or the marketing should have told the truth. Bottom line: Asus has lied and still lies about this board as you buy it. There's no other way to see it. It may not be a malicious thing, no -- but it is still the truth.

And that's why someone dropping in an saying, "Post this, do that" without so much as an offer to help (you didn't offer and ask him if he wanted help you just started telling him what to do) -- could be taken the wrong way.

If you don't understand how people could feel about this, then fine, but you should consider that not everyone WANTS to be challenged by this board and gets off making it work. Some people want to buy something that works and use it and that's what Asus said, and still says, this board is unless you go tunnel down here or at overclock.net or whatever. That should NOT be necessary on a top end product.

ASUS: PUT A DISCLAIMER ON YOUR PAGES. Otherwise you deserve the pain of refunding every unsatisfied buyer. As long as you promise to deliver something that isn't that OUT OF THE BOX, you're in the wrong.

Are you running XFR (core boost) in your bios? If so, this is what can cause the voltage spikes. Disable it and it should make things behave a little better. Also, never run Auto voltage.

I have an H115i. My 1800X at 3.8GHZ, undervolted to just over 1.25v (I can't remember the exact voltage, I'm not at home) tops out a 71 degrees under load (Aida64) which is 51 degrees on the chip (Tdie).

You are remembering about the 20 degree offset if you're monitoring the temperature in anything other than Ryzen master right?

entropic-remnants wrote:

Regarding the "not working board out of the box", i DO agree with @entropic.

Sorry but not sorry. This is a awesome board with a crappy BIOS. And note that i'm not complaining with the devs (who i'm sure do their best) but with asus that didin't give them more time or resources.

New platform does not mean "fight like hell with your bios to make the pc work".

I totally agree that the board does not live up to how it is portrayed in the ads. This is not all Asus fault, but they should be a lot clearer about expectations when selling this board. I will take a lot of what is said from Asus with a pinch of salt after this. This said all other motherboard suppliers are doing exactly the same thing. Having tried MSI and seen how quickly it died on flashing, I can see how the CH6 is probably one of the best in a lot of bad deals.

All that aside and the understanding I sympathise with people having issues with their CH6. The OP does not help himself. I read through his posts. Every post has an aggressive attitude, this just makes you want to not help. Their is no mention of which memory he is using. There are no screenshot to show what effects he is getting in windows. All the software that give this information is free.

If you really wanted help on any forum then supplying information will go a lot further than a whining session. Things that will help are:

Machine specs. There is a section for it within your profile.
Screenshots: CPU z , HWinfo.

OP you 100% right Asus leaves a lot to be desired. But sort your own crap out first.

entropic-remnants wrote:

Uuhm just out of curiosity what exactly is asus not providing with this mother board, or better said what promises did they not give us when buying this mobo ?
I have read the page of the mobo multiple time by now but i can't see what asus did not deliver but did promise, to me i seems all they have promised is there, so i'm quite curios what's not there !?

jbasemoine wrote:
Uuhm just out of curiosity what exactly is asus not providing with this mother board, or better said what promises did they not give us when buying this mobo ?
I have read the page of the mobo multiple time by now but i can't see what asus did not deliver but did promise, to me i seems all they have promised is there, so i'm quite curios what's not there !?

Yes it would be interesting to know just what he is referring too. Reading the above tells me to expect a TLDR explanation. :rolleyes:

I personally have found the Crosshair VI HERO MB and 1800x combination everything that has been advertised by both AMD and ASUS. They have not lied to us and my build will testify to that as with many others. Sure not all MBs, Ram or any other hardware for that matter will be defect free or DOA on arrival and that's why we have RMA. All manufacturers have this procedure.
We all know that everytime a new platform (and especially with groundbreaking tech re: MB, RAM and Bios), there are going to be teething issues and I for one have patience to understand that ASUS and AMD are doing their best to stabilize the systems for OCing RAM and CPU. Anyone deciding to build a high end system on a new platform must research well or you're going to have issues.
To expect any manufacturer in this situation to disclaim "OUT OF THE BOX" conformity in every aspect and to say "Oh, you're buying something that isn't finished, doesn't work as advertised, and there's no guarantee when it will do so" is total nonsense. Modern day PCs are not a requirement for dedicated technical experts and with careful research and construction are easy to build.

IMAO These kind of rants are just self opinionated and not constructive arguments with little help whatsoever.
This may draw the attention you require and hopefully not another attack on me.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]