cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Need help] Trying to overclock my PG27AQ screen (higher Hz)

Khaldar
Level 7
I'm attempting to overclock my screen to achieve higher refresh rates. However when I go to the Nvidia control panel and attempt to test a higher refresh rate, the screen simply goes black, and reverts to 60 hz shortly after. I'm using the displayport cable included, which in theory should handle higher refresh rates. I've also made sure to disable G-sync

I'm aware of the risks involved in forcing a higher refresh rate.

Anyone have any idea why it doesn't work? 🙂

thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

AceKill26
Level 7
Khaldar wrote:
I'm attempting to overclock my screen to achieve higher refresh rates. However when I go to the Nvidia control panel and attempt to test a higher refresh rate, the screen simply goes black, and reverts to 60 hz shortly after. I'm using the displayport cable included, which in theory should handle higher refresh rates. I've also made sure to disable G-sync

I'm aware of the risks involved in forcing a higher refresh rate.

Anyone have any idea why it doesn't work? 🙂

thanks in advance!

Ummm that display cannot be overclocked since at its native 4k resolution 60hz is the limited refresh rate...

You might be better of with a +144hz monitor, there is plenty on the market but up to 1440p at 165hz or 1080p at 240hz from Asus which are overclockable, or simply wait for the new 4k, quantum dot, 144hz, gsync displays to hit the market.

You might have bought the wrong monitor...

The PG27AQ and PG279Q are pretty much identical on the looks despite having different resolution and refresh rate.

I'm aware that this screen doesn't support higher than 60 hz. However its possible to exceed this limit by forcing higher hz. However this doesn't work on this screen for some reason. But on my 100 euro samsung screen it works.

Check this video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXeSwe1_dU

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
That`s if you have a GTX Titan and if you have a monitor capable. I have a PG27AQ as well, and it cannot be clocked past 60HZ.