cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing Boot loop with beta bios

FredSAS
Level 7
Hi all,

I just taken ownership of a new Crosshair Hero Six (coming from an MSI Gaming Pro Carbon). I've successfully updated the bios version to 1201 and was encouraged to try the beta 9943 for dual slots (2x16GB 3200Mhz Corsair Platinum sticks).

However I've come across this strange issue whereby the board will go into a boot loop. It completes the POST with a single beep then immediately turns itself off with an AA code. The only way to recover the board is clearing the CMOS at the back. Doing this allows it to boot to UEFI, however any attempt to save settings (defaults or otherwise) will send it back into the boot loop the next time it restarts. I have tested this twice now by downgrading the bios back to 1201 where it works fine, and trying both betas 9943 and 9945 where it again does the same.

Any help on how to get past this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Fernando
2 REPLIES 2

syldon
Level 9
It is looping because the settings the bios programme is trying to apply is not working. To cure this put your own settings in. I wrote a post on what to do here.

This should cure your boot loop and improve your stability.

Thanks Syldon.

I'll give it a go later when I get some time.
Just think it weird that the default bios settings cause the board not to boot .