cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another bad RMA experience for "THE" ASUS PG279Q

icyfrog
Level 7
Just bought a Asus PG279Q. Straight away I notice huge Backlight Bleed on the Bottom-right, not to mentioned loose bezel on Top-right.

Contact Asus Singapore customer service, and told me to send an email with photos to ASUS_service_SG@asus.com.
Waited for 1 day then being contacted by Asus Customer Service .
Told me that's IPS GROW not Backlight Bleed, "It's a known issue","we'll not send technician for on-site warranty", "WE can't do 1 on 1 exchange","WE only do repair". Are u serious ? NOT even mentioning the LOOSE BEZEL.

Please. I look forward hearing from you guys. Thank you.

Please find attached photos.
1st: Taken at Darkroom
2nd: Top-righy loose bezel that cause BLB
3rd: Bottom-right Huge Backlight Bleed.
4 REPLIES 4

Legolas
Level 9
Sorry to hear that. Did you try changing the Brightness to 50 or even to 30. Also ULBM to level 4 and see if you have a better image? For loose bezel, you should send it back to RMA department, and just let them know that you have a loose bezel.
Sincerely,
Legolas

bfollowell
Level 9
For the most part, I think most of the complaints of backlight bleed are a bunch of hokey BS from users that expect extreme perfection in an imperfect world. Some slight level of backlight bleed is inherent to this technology and is to be expected. That being said, the pictures you added are downright horrible. That does look really, REALLY bad. I don't blame you for wanting to return it for repair or replacement.

You may have better luck returning to the store you purchased from and working out an exchange.

I'm sorry for your troubles. Good luck!

Bill
Level 7
Hello icyfrog
I'm sorry that you have to experience this.
I suggest sending this unit back to its original place of purchase for an exchange if you can
Or sending it for RMA.
If you are having trouble sending it for RMA
Please PM me and provide your unit SN and RMA number(If you have one)
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello icyfrog
I'm sorry that you have to experience this.
I suggest sending this unit back to its original place of purchase for an exchange if you can
Or sending it for RMA.
If you are having trouble sending it for RMA
Please PM me and provide your unit SN and RMA number(If you have one)
Thank you

Original place of purchase is not doing an exchange. Asus RMA can't fix backlight bleeds. I want a full refund !!! I have PM you the S/N and RMA numbers. Thanks