cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC Color Accuracy issue with RGB LEDs

ipooponbirds
Level 7
I've had this card since March, and I noticed an issue with the RGB LEDs on the card in which the color is not 100% consistent throughout the card. The ROG logo on the backplate and the row of lights that outline the fans closest to the motherboard always seem to be a lighter hue of whatever color I set, for example, if I were to set purple as a static color the LEDs furthest from the motherboard would be exactly the color I set but the ROG logo and the LEDs closest to the motherboard would have more a pinkish hue but then if I were to make the color more of a blue-ish hue, the LEDs that were pink before would then appear closer to purple. I don't think it's a hardware issue since it's not like one of the LED areas just can't display certain colors because of what I explained above. I would assume it's a software issue with getting the regions to sync properly, has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix?
6 REPLIES 6

bobovito
Level 7
Hi.I also have problems with leds you can look here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92163-Asus-GTX-1070-OC-ROG-logo-led-problem.I
I rma my gtx 1080 ti strix the second time, after making sure it is not my pc's fault (grabing a card from a friend 1080 strix that works as it should in my system) and now I'm waiting for the decision from asus.The first complaint, Asus rejected, justified: "bug not found-bios / firmware / software upgrade".-nonsense,I tried everything bios update.new asus aura soft., even installed new os-evrythink for nothink.My card just has a broken led on the backplate and it does not show all the shades of color, the bottom leds are ok.I'm not happy about that and am disappointed by the service and standards of the asus:(

bobovito
Level 7
Hi.I also have problems with leds you can look here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92163-Asus-GTX-1070-OC-ROG-logo-led-problem.I
I rma my gtx 1080 ti strix the second time, after making sure it is not my pc's fault (grabing a card from a friend 1080 strix that works as it should in my system) and now I'm waiting for the decision from asus.The first complaint, Asus rejected, justified: "bug not found-bios / firmware / software upgrade".-nonsense,I tried everything bios update.new asus aura soft., even installed new os-evrythink for nothink.My card just has a broken led on the backplate and it does not show all the shades of color, the bottom leds are ok.I'm not happy about that and am disappointed by the service and standards of the asus:(

I'm certain that my issue is purely a software issue, when tweaking my overclock in GPU Tweak II the LEDs do a weird flash and change colors but then reset to the color I had set. However, during those weird flashes the LEDs all flash the exact same shades of blue and white. This makes me certain that it is a software issue since the LEDs are able to display the same hue of a certain color, I would hope that ASUS releases a fix for this.

What I have noticed is that the card LEDs are a different hue than the rest of the Motherboard and my RGB cooler. Sorry for reviving this thread, but am curious if the software is indeed being looked at? I have compensated by setting the color for the VGA area differently.

Starscream wrote:
What I have noticed is that the card LEDs are a different hue than the rest of the Motherboard and my RGB cooler. Sorry for reviving this thread, but am curious if the software is indeed being looked at? I have compensated by setting the color for the VGA area differently.
I dont think so. I bought new release 1080 few days ago (almost present drivers) but Aura if i remember is from april and i have same issue. My Asus z170 pro gaming mobo leds are only red - deep strong but dark red - and i cant achieve same color with asus aura for graphic card - i get something between pink and orange (i decided to near orange color) and made it dark to look similar to mobo's red - but are not the same in real - but on photo are similar so cant show difference.

Yeah, its a bit frustrating. I think mine would look the same way with red, but it just so happens my color of choice can be more closely matched than Red.

I probably should have waited a week before getting the 1070, with the holiday deals I'll probably find a 1080 for the same price. Although, early next year will see a new generation of gpus... I usually know better than to purchase late in the product lifecycle. With a new CPU out though, its kind of a catch 22 if you build a new system from scratch. Buy early in the CPU lifecycle or in the GPU lifecycle? Ok...I'm tired... sorry for the tangent...