Did you mean: 

Overclocking G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTZ

Saikamaldoss
Level 7
My setup is
RyZen 1800x*
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
*CH Hero VI Motherboard

After so my struggle, I got it running at 3333mhz 14c and was wondering if anyone can help me run it higher with looser timing. I tried few but it won't boot anything higher than 3387mhz. *
8 REPLIES 8

Zka17
Level 16
I guess, you pretty much are reaching the limits of your RAM kit... if it is rated at 3200 and you already reached 3333, then you're close to the end of it... You have to be very very lucky to pick a 3200 kit and run it much higher.

Zka17 wrote:
I guess, you pretty much are reaching the limits of your RAM kit... if it is rated at 3200 and you already reached 3333, then you're close to the end of it... You have to be very very lucky to pick a 3200 kit and run it much higher.

Oh that is sad. The same kit on my friends intel system running 3800 and even 3800+  *

Zka17
Level 16
Intel has a more mature platform... I am not saying that it is impossible, just that you are lucky if you can run it even at 3200... anything above belongs to the extreme luck category...

Zka17 wrote:
Intel has a more mature platform... I am not saying that it is impossible, just that you are lucky if you can run it even at 3200... anything above belongs to the extreme luck category...

Yup true. I am stuck with this then. May be when I buy x399 platform I can use this with another 3 set on it and use a 4000+ ram on this for gaming

fbatista
Level 7
Saikamaldoss wrote:
My setup is
RyZen 1800x*
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTZ
*CH Hero VI Motherboard

After so my struggle, I got it running at 3333mhz 14c and was wondering if anyone can help me run it higher with looser timing. I tried few but it won't boot anything higher than 3387mhz. *

Hi, i got these: F4-3200C14D-32GTZSK so, basically the exact same as yours. I only got mine to run at 3200, but the system wasn't stable enough, as prime95 was outputting rounding errors in its torture test.

q1: have you tried prime95 in your system? You probably should, as it is extremely good at detecting instability.
q2: would you mind posting the other numbers you used for your overclocking ? I'm also using a 1800x, so our setup is identical. I'm particularly interested in the voltages, procODT, and what frequency / multiplier you're running your CPU at.

fbatista wrote:
Hi, i got these: F4-3200C14D-32GTZSK so, basically the exact same as yours. I only got mine to run at 3200, but the system wasn't stable enough, as prime95 was outputting rounding errors in its torture test.

q1: have you tried prime95 in your system? You probably should, as it is extremely good at detecting instability.
q2: would you mind posting the other numbers you used for your overclocking ? I'm also using a 1800x, so our setup is identical. I'm particularly interested in the voltages, procODT, and what frequency / multiplier you're running your CPU at.

I am running it at 3333mhz stable. I am running it with manual setting. Try setting switch frequency to 500 and ohm to 96. Also set boot voltage to 1.45 and ram voltage to 1.37 and give it a try. *

I tried 14,14,14,14,27,44 and system was brisk but not stable. *

tommiboi
Level 7
I have the same kit i think only i have 16g 😞

loosen your timmings and check how high you can go.
I tried it like loosen I rise the timmins with 10 at first pushed it to the max. Then I tright to tighten them again. When i failed at some point i tried to compensated with more voltage.

basic 1 on 1 oc ..

But I dont get any preformance improve so its at XMP now.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

tommiboi wrote:
I have the same kit i think only i have 16g 😞

loosen your timmings and check how high you can go.
I tried it like loosen I rise the timmins with 10 at first pushed it to the max. Then I tright to tighten them again. When i failed at some point i tried to compensated with more voltage.

basic 1 on 1 oc ..

But I dont get any preformance improve so its at XMP now.

what’s the speed it’s running at ? If it’s 3200mhz then try loosening the timing and you should be able to do 3400 or more. Voltage needs to be bumped to 1.4 for DRAM and 1.47 for boot. If not more*