cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost ASUS software after full removal of Windows & re-install

fdx1dy1
Level 7
I recently fully removed my Windows OS and replaced it with Linux. However, I noticed a number of issues ranging from overheating when idling to HDMI-plugin-to-monitor issues and so I decided to revert back to Windows. I used a bootable USB to put the Windows 10 .iso (which I found at Microsoft's website) on and then I booted from it and installed Windows, no issues there. Naturally I lost virtually everything that normally comes pre-installed with a ROG Strix laptop (which includes Windows bloatware, but also important ASUS drivers etc) so I had to manually re-install some of those drivers. I downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver for my GPU and also a driver for the keyboard backlight which now works. However, all of this means I also lost pre-loaded ASUS software (such as ROG Gaming Center). I managed to find it on the ASUS website but whenever I try to open it says "ROG Gaming Center is initializing" but it never shows up! Something is wrong. What can I do about this?

Also, performance when playing Battlefield 1 seems to have dropped (FPS-wise primarily) and I really want to fix this. Is it possible I am still missing some drivers? I pretty much just installed the ASUS live update, installed the regular Windows updates and installed latest NVIDIA driver. How do I ensure that all my drivers are correctly installed and up-to-date? How do I get all ASUS software (such as ROG Gaming Center etc)?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have a ROG Strix GL502V.
1 REPLY 1

toronto699
Level 13
here are the Gl502 driver pages
http://support.asus.com.cn/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=GL502V&type=1
u could ask someone in the GL laptop Thread for the esupport folder for your laptop as the esupport folder has all the original pre installed drivers and software,