cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VM Laptop Strange Audio Ticks

xfuse
Level 7
Hello,

I have recently ordered a GL702VM-DS74 laptop and it is great overall except for this strange issue such that when not playing any audio or producing any sound for some time (3 to 5 minutes for example) there is a "tick" when audio is played again. It can happen also when changing the resolution and when User Account Control (UAC) screen appears.

Is anyone else having this issue? I can easily replicate it but repeatedly clicking the windows volume slider without letting the tone finish playing.

I have tried different drivers from Asus and latest from realtek and windows 10 Anniversary and Creators updates with the same result.

This also happens using headset also so it is not a speaker issue.

Asus support is not helping, sadly.

Thanks everyone!

Edit: I managed to record it on this link, please raise the volume to hear it, it is the click before the tone https://instaud.io/ZhB
4 REPLIES 4

Saragrl
Level 8
I had the same issue. I was worried I would need to return it, but it went away after about a month.

Saragrl wrote:
I had the same issue. I was worried I would need to return it, but it went away after about a month.

I wouldn't count on it going away on its own, it may come back again later. It looks like some capacitor is misbehaving somewhere?

Saragrl
Level 8
maybe, but its been 5 months since. Could have been a short, when I opened it to fix bad fan, I checked every thing inside to make sure all the cables were tight and connected properly. If the problem returns I will post a followup. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you can get a replacement unit if it is a capacitor.

Saragrl wrote:
maybe, but its been 5 months since. Could have been a short, when I opened it to fix bad fan, I checked every thing inside to make sure all the cables were tight and connected properly. If the problem returns I will post a followup. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you can get a replacement unit if it is a capacitor.

Hey I had this same issue just right after buying the laptop.
In my case and because I had this problem in the past in another laptop I fix this issue by completely removing Realtek Audio Drivers and deleting all the pre-installed folders. Then let Windows 10 install the audio driver by itself. I didn´t try to install the new Realtek drivers which are on the Asus Drivers Download and it might work as well.

Hope it helps.