cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha issues

myz1994
Level 7
Hello, Two days ago I was delighted to recieve my new Claymore keyboard and Spatha gaming mouse (which I bought online overseas). I have been saving for a while to afford them. Now the Claymore is working wonderfully so far, but I am deeply disappointed and frustrated in the Spatha's quality. The mouse looked great and felt right at the palm of my hand, but for some reason it wasn't synchronizing with the rest of my Aura Sync gear. So I downloaded the latest Armoury app in hopes of finding a solution for this issue. As soon as I launched the app, it wouldn't recognise my Spatha and the mouse would completely shut down out of the blue. Ever since that moment it lost all its wireless capabilities, the LEDs stopped working completely, and the mouse just seems dead. However it is somehow still working in the wired mode but still without any lighting effects. I am no expert but my guess is that the mouse somehow short-circuited, or maybe the Armoury messed up the firmware since the base doesn't seem to be working as well. The base still flickers green light when I first connect it via USB though, so I am not sure if it is working or not.

Now I have worked hard to be able to afford one of the most expensive mouses in the market and I put my full faith in Asus by purchasing an entire rig made up of parts by Asus. All that to find that my new $150 mouse stopped working just after two days is absolutely absurd and unacceptable. I am very frustrated.

Today I went to my local Asus store and talked to them about it and they said there is nothing they can do since I didn't buy the mouse from their store and that I should contact my retailer where I got the Spatha. I ordered the mouse online from a US store called B&H, now I am sure if I contact them they would gladly replace the mouse but I would have to pay for the two-way shipping of the mouse which would cost around $60. It makes no sense to pay another $60 on a $150 mouse for a mistake that I have nothing to do about. I contacted Asus customer service via email but they haven't replied yet. I am at loss and I don't know what to do. All I asked and hoped for was to have a functioning Spatha mouse and now I am just sitting at my desk looking at the dead piece as it lies there being absolutely useless. That's the fastest $150 I ever lost. Please guide me on what to do and if there is someway to fix the mouse

* Thanks & Best Regards*
3 REPLIES 3

rrrrramos
Level 7
When you plug in the mouse and start up Armoury does it ask you to update the firmware? Or can you click the wrench icon at the top and update firmware from there? The same thing happened to me after about a month of use, exact same symptoms. I plugged it in a few days ago and when I went into Armoury it asked to update the firmware but instead of crashing when it finished it actually finished, and the LEDs lit up again! I'd also suggest making sure you have the latest Armoury software and Spatha firmware, they are as follows: Armoury software v1.02.07 and Spatha firmware v1.61. Asus isn't very great about putting the latest software on every products support page, so you'll find the most current one here: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_Download/

I hope this works for you and you only go a couple days without the mouse working as opposed to the 2 months it took me to get it working again!

Bahz
Level 12
Make sure that the mouse is in wired mode then unplug it and hold down left click, mouse scroll, and right click and plug back in while holding down those 3 buttons. After holding down for 20-30 seconds it will go into bootloader mode and you should get a popup to reset the firmware. You should download the latest Armoury version at the link below:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/ROG_Armoury_v10207.zip?_ga=2.12986807...

Also there is a new firmware to for mouse and dock targeted to fix the indicator bug for the dock:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/accessory/ROG_Spatha/ROG_SPATHA_FW_Beta.zip?_ga=2.18246841.18265...

Clayster
Level 7
myz1994@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, Two days ago I was delighted to recieve my new Claymore keyboard and Spatha gaming mouse (which I bought online overseas). I have been saving for a while to afford them. Now the Claymore is working wonderfully so far, but I am deeply disappointed and frustrated in the Spatha's quality. The mouse looked great and felt right at the palm of my hand, but for some reason it wasn't synchronizing with the rest of my Aura Sync gear. So I downloaded the latest Armoury app in hopes of finding a solution for this issue. As soon as I launched the app, it wouldn't recognise my Spatha and the mouse would completely shut down out of the blue. Ever since that moment it lost all its wireless capabilities, the LEDs stopped working completely, and the mouse just seems dead. However it is somehow still working in the wired mode but still without any lighting effects. I am no expert but my guess is that the mouse somehow short-circuited, or maybe the Armoury messed up the firmware since the base doesn't seem to be working as well. The base still flickers green light when I first connect it via USB though, so I am not sure if it is working or not.

Now I have worked hard to be able to afford one of the most expensive mouses in the market and I put my full faith in Asus by purchasing an entire rig made up of parts by Asus. All that to find that my new $150 mouse stopped working just after two days is absolutely absurd and unacceptable. I am very frustrated.

Today I went to my local Asus store and talked to them about it and they said there is nothing they can do since I didn't buy the mouse from their store and that I should contact my retailer where I got the Spatha. I ordered the mouse online from a US store called B&H, now I am sure if I contact them they would gladly replace the mouse but I would have to pay for the two-way shipping of the mouse which would cost around $60. It makes no sense to pay another $60 on a $150 mouse for a mistake that I have nothing to do about. I contacted Asus customer service via email but they haven't replied yet. I am at loss and I don't know what to do. All I asked and hoped for was to have a functioning Spatha mouse and now I am just sitting at my desk looking at the dead piece as it lies there being absolutely useless. That's the fastest $150 I ever lost. Please guide me on what to do and if there is someway to fix the mouse

* Thanks & Best Regards*

1. Mouse connecting is loose right out of the box, can't put wire in too far or not far enough. (light come on for a second when i got close to getting it.)
2. Windows 10 was picking mouse as just (Gaming mouse) and not as (ROG Spatha).
3. Aura sync was not picking up mouse.
4. Armoury was not even picking up mouse sometime. (but this could have been when windows 10 was not picking it as a gaming mouse only, can't remember, wasn't even looking i guess.)
5. Even at times it told me the usb was using too much power to work.

How i fixed this, first i can live with the bad mouse connecting, i use it for wireless only and another mouse for gaming anyways. It does work, but i hate playing with it.
While start with uninstalling everything, even Aura sync software. remove hardware and devices. then shutdown the pc and start it up again. Now first make sure to plugging in the mouse, but the mouse power switch is turned off. Now check window devices, and make sure your mouse shows up as ROG Spatha, i guess you can plugging in the ROG Receiver too(why not).
After devices show up good, install firmware and Armoury, might have to do this first if your devices don't show up right. You might even have to disable windows updates, when doing all this, i did. As for installing the receiver firmware, you may need to unplug the mouse and turn the mouse power switch on.

After you get the mouse and receiver working , now the Aura sync problem, installing Aura sync, but as you can see, your mouse might not show up, to fix this, after installing the software, i just shutdown the pc and turn it back on, then it show up. I got it all working fine, the MB,GPU,keyboard and mouse all in sync.

Here is my finished Asus ROG Build, but i need to take some newer pic here soon, https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DGP323