Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 212
  1. #81
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Would you mind telling us what hardware part is causing an issue?

  2. #82
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by drazac View Post
    Would you mind telling us what hardware part is causing an issue?
    Considering removal of the ROG gaming center software fix d my issue, I'm curious of this as well.

    Bahz,
    I'm currently out of town with family but I gotbyourbPM. I will get you the info you requested when I get home this evening.

  3. #83
    New ROGer Array Damastif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by workshop777 View Post
    Considering removal of the ROG gaming center software fix d my issue, I'm curious of this as well.
    I removed gaming center too but it's not help!

  4. #84
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    We'll work out all the details internally and will let you know when to send it in. We also need to verify if the part is available at the local service centers, if it isn't then we'll have them order it ASAP. Thanks.
    Now that is good service!

    Can you give us some details about the hardware problem?

    Things like:

    1. What specifically is causing the problem
    2. Whether it going to be fixed or replaced with an updated component
    3. How frequently does it occur

  5. #85
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    Greetings,

    just to give an update like I said I would (although, it doesn't matter at this point because ASUS R&D have found the problem)

    I have downgraded bios to version 303 and made a fresh installation of Windows.

    For initial testing I used Extreme IntelBurnTest to check whether the system will crash during its 2 testing runs that lasted for little more than an hour. It didn't, so I was ready to put notebook on another 24 hour trial using Prime95 SmallFFT test with round off checking turned ON, with HWInfo in the background that monitors temps and voltages.

    System rebooted itself after amazing 22 hours and 30 minutes, with Event Log reporting a BugCheck.

    What I have noticed, while doing IBT and Prime test, that, CPU speed was set to 2890MHz, core voltage was fluctuating around 1.04 - 1.1V, temperature for 3 cores was around 81-83 degrees celsius, but one core (Core #1) was at worryingsome 96 degrees (around 15C difference between other cores). IntelBurntest pushed Core #1 at 97 degrees.

    This all happened with default BIOS settings, nothing was modified, nothing was changed. So, I can only imagine what would happen if CPU is at 3.6Ghz (turbo speed) and voltage increased.

    So, I really hope this hardware fix/replacement is able to perform magic.
    Last edited by drazac; 07-26-2017 at 09:32 PM.

  6. #86
    ROG Member Array Toffiewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by drazac View Post
    Greetings,

    just to give an update like I said I would (although, it doesn't matter at this point because ASUS R&D have found the problem)

    I have downgraded bios to version 303 and made a fresh installation of Windows.

    For initial testing I used Extreme IntelBurnTest to check whether the system will crash during its 2 testing runs that lasted for little more than an hour. It didn't, so I was ready to put notebook on another 24 hour trial using Prime95 SmallFFT test with round off checking turned ON, with HWInfo in the background that monitors temps and voltages.

    System rebooted itself after amazing 22 hours and 30 minutes, with Event Log reporting a BugCheck.

    What I have noticed, while doing IBT and Prime test, that, CPU speed was set to 2890MHz, core voltage was fluctuating around 1.04 - 1.1V, temperature for 3 cores was around 81-83 degrees celsius, but one core (Core #1) was at worryingsome 96 degrees (around 15C difference between other cores). IntelBurntest pushed Core #1 at 97 degrees.

    This all happened with default BIOS settings, nothing was modified, nothing was changed. So, I can only imagine what would happen if CPU is at 3.6Ghz (turbo speed) and voltage increased.

    So, I really hope this hardware fix/replacement is able to perform magic.

    Thanks Drazac
    Really awesome of you to do this testing.

  7. #87
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Hi,

    I'm experiencing the same problem. I recently bought an Asus FX553VD and I keep getting unexpected shut downs after 10 minutes of playing Overwatch and Tekken 7. It's been two weeks since I bought it and I'm getting frustrated because of the price of this laptop.

    The temp hits around 45c - 60c and I usually set the fan boost to 90% in the ROG gaming center. I couldn't find anywhere in the system where you could adjust the temp limit to prevent shutdowns.

    The drivers and windows/asus are all up to date. I watch the temp all the time, no issues yet keep getting shutdowns after 10 minutes of playing games.
    Last edited by T1200; 07-27-2017 at 09:06 AM.

  8. #88
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by T1200 View Post
    Hi,

    I'm experiencing the same problem. I recently bought an Asus FX553VD and I keep getting unexpected shut downs after 10 minutes of playing Overwatch and Tekken 7. It's been two weeks since I bought it and I'm getting frustrated because of the price of this laptop.

    The temp hits around 45c - 60c and I usually set the fan boost to 90% in the ROG gaming center. I couldn't find anywhere in the system where you could adjust the temp limit to prevent shutdowns.

    The drivers and windows/asus are all up to date. I watch the temp all the time, no issues yet keep getting shutdowns after 10 minutes of playing games.
    This is unrelated to this issue as it's a completely different model with different EE board layout and design. For your case please contact technical support and apply for RMA if troubleshooting steps don't work.

  9. #89
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Regarding to this issue, it's caused by the GPU. Not all GPUs are equal and same with CPUs, this issue only is occurring for very small volume of users. A PCB replacement on the notebook is required to help improve stability for the GPU, so therefore the notebook must be returned for RMA to fix this issue.

  10. #90
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    It has been a while since I was paying close attention to latest tech, overclocking and testing software, however, how can a GPU in idle mode cause a system crash while Prime95 is testing CPU?

    Also, my notebook was already RMAd and sent to repair center where tehnician changed entire system board. If I am not mistaken system board is motherboard or PCB as you call it. GPU is soldered on the motherboard, therefore, problem should have been resolved. But it wasn't. Could it be that PCB replaced was faulty too?

    Can you shed more light (details) about the cause of the problem?

    Also, when you say not every GPU is the same, what exactly do you mean? My GTX1070 is not the same as someone who has no problem?

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •