Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Greetings everyone,

Last Friday I received my notebook back from the repair center.

I immediately made two tests. One was 8 hours stress test using ASUS RealBenchmark and the other one was 27 hours Aida64 test.

Both tests passed. I am gonna do one more 24-hour stress test using Prime 95 SmallFFT CPU.

So far everything looks good, only slight nuisance is that notebook casing is slightly damaged on the bottom side. Transparent plastic doesn't seem to be set in place, also some screw-holes are missing the rubbery protection that goes at top

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170915_162407_resized.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	67516
    Last edited by drazac; 09-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.

New ROGer Array v1p0FF PC Specs
    v1p0FF PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS
    MotherboardAsus G752VS / Intel Skylake-H / American Megatrends Inc. G752VS.310
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 16384 MB (DDR4-2400)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / 8192 MB GDDR5 256 bit
    Sound CardASUS Xonar U3 Audio Device
    MonitorAU Optronics B173HAN01.1
    Storage #1THNSN5256GPU7 TOSHIBA / 256 GB
    Storage #2HGST HTS541010A9E680 / 1000 GB
    Keyboard A4Tech X7-G100
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
    Headset SteelSeries 4H
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home Single Language 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by drazac View Post
    So far everything looks good, only slight nuisance is that notebook casing is slightly damaged on the bottom side. Transparent plastic doesn't seem to be set in place, also some screw-holes are missing the rubbery protection that goes at top
    If I'm not mistaken, these are the holes for the air intake for cooling. The installed transparent plastic seems deformed, but it should be so (maybe those who have a laptop at hand will correct me).

The presence of scratches and appearance in general should be checked when received at the service center before putting a signature in the act of work performed. Now the service center can state that you yourself have scratched yourself or lost something.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by v1p0FF View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, these are the holes for the air intake for cooling. The installed transparent plastic seems deformed, but it should be so (maybe those who have a laptop at hand will correct me).

The presence of scratches and appearance in general should be checked when received at the service center before putting a signature in the act of work performed. Now the service center can state that you yourself have scratched yourself or lost something.
    You think I should report it or RMA it again

New ROGer Array v1p0FF PC Specs
    v1p0FF PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS
    MotherboardAsus G752VS / Intel Skylake-H / American Megatrends Inc. G752VS.310
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 16384 MB (DDR4-2400)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / 8192 MB GDDR5 256 bit
    Sound CardASUS Xonar U3 Audio Device
    MonitorAU Optronics B173HAN01.1
    Storage #1THNSN5256GPU7 TOSHIBA / 256 GB
    Storage #2HGST HTS541010A9E680 / 1000 GB
    Keyboard A4Tech X7-G100
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
    Headset SteelSeries 4H
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home Single Language 64-bit

You think I should report it or RMA it again
    I think that this will not be accepted.
    At least in my service, before picking up the laptop, I looked at his appearance. There were no scratches and damage. If I ever finally get it from the service, then carefully check the look.
    In your case, you can bring a laptop to the service, but inspection will show the presence of scratches, i.e. I think you will be blamed for this.

ROG Member Array fresnogamer PC Specs
    fresnogamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS-XS74K
    MotherboardASUS
    Processor7th Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK Overclocked
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2800MHz Overclocked
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Overclocked 8GB GDDR5
    Sound CardSTOCK
    Monitor17.3" FHD IPS-Level Wideview Matte-Type Screen w/ G-Sync
    Storage #12x 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
    Storage #21TB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerCopper CPU Heatsink
    CaseSTOCK
    Power Supply230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Full Sized Illuminating Chiclet Keyboard with Numeric Key Pad
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset/Speakers Built-in Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 DL DVD+-RW/CD-RW
    Accessory #2 ROG Macro Keys
    Accessory #3 Bluetooth 4.0

So I have the G752VS-XS74K. I have the same issue. Some of it talked about here. No help from anyone, including ASUS directly.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91620-G752VS-XS74K-(Kaby-Lake-7th-Gen-Intel-Core)-Overheating-Issue

With my GTX 970 based G752, I spent almost a year fighting with the RMA department in Milpitas California. I know the location and some of the staff by heart. As a side note, they are not ASUS but a third party RMA center. I have gotten back so many with scratches, dents, missing parts, DOA LCD and one with the wrong main board inside for a $400 cheaper laptop. So keep your eyes out for that stuff.

I had to file a BBB and FTC complaint and be transferred to the highest person they would let me talk to to finally get a replacement that works. They sent me a NEW IN BOX one. Well they sent me two and one did not work out of the box but that is a different story (very complicated). Don't settle for missing rubber screw covers. FIGHT for your hard earned money you spent on this POS.

And if you must, return it and get a Acer or MSI or ANYTHING but ROG. Don't get stuck like me. I did a RMA and they changed the main board. Now I can't return to Amazon because serial number is different.
    The FresnoGamer
    System: G752VS-XS74K

ROG Member Array fresnogamer PC Specs
    fresnogamer PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS-XS74K
    MotherboardASUS
    Processor7th Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK Overclocked
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4 2800MHz Overclocked
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Overclocked 8GB GDDR5
    Sound CardSTOCK
    Monitor17.3" FHD IPS-Level Wideview Matte-Type Screen w/ G-Sync
    Storage #12x 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
    Storage #21TB 7200RPM
    CPU CoolerCopper CPU Heatsink
    CaseSTOCK
    Power Supply230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Full Sized Illuminating Chiclet Keyboard with Numeric Key Pad
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset/Speakers Built-in Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Accessory #1 DL DVD+-RW/CD-RW
    Accessory #2 ROG Macro Keys
    Accessory #3 Bluetooth 4.0

Here are some XTU profiles I made to help with keeping it cool. These are very basic but do help me. I also include ones that mimic the ROG Gaming Center profiles. The 29 x Low is one I use a lot to keep heat down and fans quiet.
    Archivos Adjuntos
    The FresnoGamer
    System: G752VS-XS74K

Ex-employee Array

Greetings everyone,

Last Friday I received my notebook back from the repair center.

I immediately made two tests. One was 8 hours stress test using ASUS RealBenchmark and the other one was 27 hours Aida64 test.

Both tests passed. I am gonna do one more 24-hour stress test using Prime 95 SmallFFT CPU.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170915_162407_resized.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	67516
    If you discover physical damage or missing parts, you need to report it as soon as possible. The unit needs to be returned in the same condition, if it isn't then you have every right to request for the parts to be replaced and if that's not possible then they need to replace you with a new unit. The reporting should be immediate after receiving it back and can't be days later as there may be disputes regarding when the damage may have occurred if reported later.

New ROGer Array

Hello everyone.

I already wrote a PM to Bahz telling him my case. Well, on Monday I was handed the laptop, but I have not changed the motherboard, in the RMA report only indicated a error in the BIOS. So they have flashed the BIOS without changing any component and restored the software.

It seems that the problem has been solved, these two days I have been playing smoothly (NBA 2k17 crash to desktop only)

I have to change some power options, update nvidia drivers and even upgrade win 10 to creator (although I'm afraid that when I do it all this is spoiled again the laptop [emoji14] )

Thank you Bahz for the inconvenience, and the others for being a great community.

I will also inform you when I update what I have to do.

sorry for my google's english. Regards

Enviado desde mi SM-G920F mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by Luft101; 09-20-2017 at 12:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    If you discover physical damage or missing parts, you need to report it as soon as possible. The unit needs to be returned in the same condition, if it isn't then you have every right to request for the parts to be replaced and if that's not possible then they need to replace you with a new unit. The reporting should be immediate after receiving it back and can't be days later as there may be disputes regarding when the damage may have occurred if reported later.
    To whom should I report this problem?

Ex-employee Array

To whom should I report this problem?
    Since you're in the EU you need to report it to the retailer as you probably RMA'd it through the retailer.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast