Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array ForgeOfGods-G752VS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idankinov View Post
    I run the RealBench Benchmark for 8 hours ( the max ) and there was no problem. Log in to GuildWars 2 play for 3 minutes and BOOM laptop restarts.
    ..... This is way to annoying ... and there is not much info about it.
    After my contact with the support they didn't even read this Thread. They have no clue about the problem.
    But in the thread we hear that there is some problem with Hardware Parts in some laptops ( This is normal in like 1 in 100 000 to have defect or something ).

What part is the problem ? how long is the repair ? Can we have some info please
    Same. Just runed 8h realbench, everythink was fine. Just temps went crazy gpu - 82c and cpu -95c av.
    We need info what to do is anyone from asus care this or wtf? More and more peoples writing about that issue here, we bought gaming laptops and we cant use them for gaming?! Where is support? What for we payd?

Bahz you told thad asus know that issue, that they know what do we need to change, so please specificly what do we need to change? What part? Simple answer and lock the thread it will be solved... my RMA center asking what part they gonna have to change? They will order that part, right now they dont see any issues and dont know why its restarts in all games.

Info please....

Inform RMA centers about that issue and guide technicals wtf they gonna have to do... nobody doesnt have received any info about G752vsk .... why? ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I have received update from our R&D team that this issue is confirmed to be a hardware related issue and the notebook needs to be sent back for repair. Please send back your notebook for RMA and please PM me with your serial number and RMA#.
    2017.08.05 Lithuania RMA Center Servisa ICT still have no confirm about that from asus.
    Problem still persist. Still unable to diagnose without running a game. Still asus ignores us.

What we should do next? Sue? ...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Sheltem PC Specs
    Sheltem PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS-GB139T
    MotherboardASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II
    Processori9-10900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3466C16Q-64GTZKK
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
    Graphics Card #2some 3080 Ti, whenever it launches
    Monitoracer Predator X34 (Curved 34", UWQHD 3440x1440@100Hz, IPS, G-Sync)
    Storage #11TB Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #22TB and 500GB Samsung 860 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCorsair Carbide 678C Low Noise ATX
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 (Orion Spark)
    Mouse Logitech PRO
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S330D
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
    Network RouterMikroTik RB1100AHx4
    Accessory #1 Linksys WRT1900AC (Stock OS, WiFi AP-only bridge)
    Accessory #2 TP-LINK SG1005D

I don't know about the new VSK version, since it's a different CPU and BIOS and all, but the stock configuration of the Skylake 6820HK was just pushing way too high voltages and in any CPU intensive scenario generating enough heat to reach 95C and above, hence restarting in less than 30 minutes after the CPU intensive scenario was kicked off (excessive heat reproducible, exact moment of time when immediate shutdown threshold is finally hit varies).

Stock Turbo Boost multiplier settings were
    1 core active 38x
    2 cores active 38x
    3 cores active 37x
    4 cores active 36x

Currently I am running 34x with a -80mV undervolt and I do not run into this issue. At all.
    It is possible that some tinkering with how well the heatsink touches the CPU might help to a certain extent (2 cores are always 10-12 C hotter than the other two), but for the time being I just don't want to waste time on a disassembly, and especially not on a RMA. And honestly, I really do not think a RMA could change anything. The laptop cannot physically disperse the heat fast enough. And that's tested by putting it on top of a working Trust Azul cooling pad, with the disk/ram access cover removed (yes, that large piece with what is named as air vents in the manual) to further increase airflow.

Personally, I have decided to accept this and run TB at 3.4 GHz on my VS.
    He who invokes history is always secure.
    The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
    Their reply will always be silence.

ROG Member Array Meeliskt PC Specs
    Meeliskt PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS GTX1070
    MotherboardP8P67 EVO
    Processor2500K
    Graphics Card #11080ti
    Graphics Card #2280x
    Graphics Card #3280x
    Graphics Card #4280x

Quote Originally Posted by Meeliskt View Post
    I have same laptop and same problem. Installed MSI afterburner and reduced GPU and videomemory speeds. After that I have no craches. GPU speed was crazy high out of the box. 1800-1900 Mhz area. Temps are ok.
    Whats your GPU speed?
    OK, now mine G752 are craching again in games. Have to downclock GPU about 400Mhz to get it function properly. CPU-GPU temps are high 60s and low 70s so no problem there. Will RMA mine next week.

Btw event manager warning on crash is event 4101:
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered
    Maybe this info helps some one who cares

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Meeliskt View Post
    OK, now mine G752 are craching again in games. Have to downclock GPU about 400Mhz to get it function properly. CPU-GPU temps are high 60s and low 70s so no problem there. Will RMA mine next week.
    Same DownClocking using MSI Afterburer + uninstalling Game Center made it stable. But I don't like this "workaround".
    Can you give us update on the RMA and what are they saying, how much time it takes and do they fix it. 10x in advance

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by ForgeOfGods-G752VS View Post
    2017.08.05 Lithuania RMA Center Servisa ICT still have no confirm about that from asus.
    Problem still persist. Still unable to diagnose without running a game. Still asus ignores us.

What we should do next? Sue? ...
    We're currently in process to collect back a few unit to confirm on this issue then they will release internal notice for all service teams. Do note that this issue is occurring for less than probably 0.5% (my guess) of all stock so that's why there aren't that many people on this thread. All CPUs and GPUs are not equal, so you always have chance of getting a bad one that could cause these kinds of issues.

Ex-employee Array

For all those who are having this issue and confirmed that uninstalling ROG Gaming Center doesn't fix the issue, please send me a private message with the following information:

Product S/N:
    Country and city:
    Full name:
    Phone #:
    Email:
    Previous RMA#s:
    Previous Case ID#s:

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Russia

Hello. I have the same problem.

ASUS ROG G752VS-BA188T

ROG Member Array

Greetings,

Just to give a feedback on the repair status of my laptop.

Asus support has contacted me and said that my notebook will have priority repair status.

Repair center recieved my notebook on August 8th and it is still in the process of being repaired.

Unlike first time when I sent my laptop to be repaired, time it took to complete the repair process was of no issue.

However, now I am in need to be resolved asap.

Every day I have been checking the repair progress online and for the past 4 working days, it has been stuck at Waiting for feedback from Asus support.

Decided to make a phonecall to a repair center to check what is going on.

Technican responsible for the repair of my notebook said that Asus is telling him what to do: To run 3dmark, pcmark and other benchmarking tools. Sadly, technician didnt know anything about the issue R&D team discovored. So I had to quickly debrief him. He said that he wanted to replace the motherboard, but Asus kept asking to do different benchmarks each day. He didn't know, that my notebook has already gone through one RMA process where the entire motherboard was replaced. Luckily I managed to fill in these details as well.

It seems they, Asus, decided to make my notebook a testing guinee pig.

My understanding was that the issue has already been detected and that the part that needs replacing is prepared and ready in the repair center.

So I am not really pleased of this delay, because I need my notebook asap.

It would have been good if Asus has made some sort of replacement/compensation.
    Last edited by drazac; 08-21-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast