Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by drazac View Post
    Greetings,

Just to give a feedback on the repair status of my laptop.

Asus support has contacted me and said that my notebook will have priority repair status.

Repair center recieved my notebook on August 8th and it is still in the process of being repaired.

Unlike first time when I sent my laptop to be repaired, time it took to complete the repair process was of no issue.

However, now I am in need to be resolved asap.

Every day I have been checking the repair progress online and for the past 4 working days, it has been stuck at Waiting for feedback from Asus support.

Decided to make a phonecall to a repair center to check what is going on.

Technican responsible for the repair of my notebook said that Asus is telling him what to do: To run 3dmark, pcmark and other benchmarking tools. Sadly, technician didnt know anything about the issue R&D team discovored. So I had to quickly debrief him. He said that he wanted to replace the motherboard, but Asus kept asking to do different benchmarks each day. He didn't know, that my notebook has already gone through one RMA process where the entire motherboard was replaced. Luckily I managed to fill in these details as well.

It seems they, Asus, decided to make my notebook a testing guinee pig.

My understanding was that the issue has already been detected and that the part that needs replacing is prepared and ready in the repair center.

So I am not really pleased of this delay, because I need my notebook asap.

It would have been good if Asus has made some sort of replacement/compensation.
    I'll follow up on this case for you, seems like others are getting the PCB replaced without problems so not sure why they're telling him to run stress tests and benchmarks.

New ROGer Array

Another of the same case

Hello, I seem to have been having this issue since May (purchased end of April) - but it happened predominately with Blizzards "Heroes of the Storm". It would usually hang audio first, then screen would freeze, flash black, reboot...
    At that time I tried changing GPU clock with msi afterburner & had also uninstalled the gaming center. Did not seem to help so I put everything back the way it was.

In the next couple weeks I will be reinstalling w10 and avoiding all the bloatware to see if this issue miraculously goes away.
    In the meantime, I just got this issue tonight from running Guild Wars 2 - (now) WHITE screen hang, audio hang, reboot.
    I decided to try google again- this time with both model and error from event viewer. Stubbed my toe on this forum! Love the info in it.

I would like to know what info I need to collect to inquire about an RMA for my unit - or any fixes / thoughts admin would have on this.

I have: G752VS-RB71K-CB
    Nothing has been changed on it hardware wise now. Never opened up. I am in Canada - purchased from Bestbuy Canada. I do have their warranty as well. I am curious if i should go thru them (obviously could be faster shipping etc)

After reading the majority of this thread I did fish up my login for here and make sure I had this laptop registered - I do not recall seeing the VIP card (do I need this?).
    I also discovered there IS an RMA center on the other side of the country (so most likely 3-10 day mail ONE WAY - hoping to avoid this).

Thank you in advance for your time in responding!

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by gateway4shadow View Post
    Hello, I seem to have been having this issue since May (purchased end of April) - but it happened predominately with Blizzards "Heroes of the Storm". It would usually hang audio first, then screen would freeze, flash black, reboot...
    At that time I tried changing GPU clock with msi afterburner & had also uninstalled the gaming center. Did not seem to help so I put everything back the way it was.

In the next couple weeks I will be reinstalling w10 and avoiding all the bloatware to see if this issue miraculously goes away.
    In the meantime, I just got this issue tonight from running Guild Wars 2 - (now) WHITE screen hang, audio hang, reboot.
    I decided to try google again- this time with both model and error from event viewer. Stubbed my toe on this forum! Love the info in it.

I would like to know what info I need to collect to inquire about an RMA for my unit - or any fixes / thoughts admin would have on this.

I have: G752VS-RB71K-CB
    Nothing has been changed on it hardware wise now. Never opened up. I am in Canada - purchased from Bestbuy Canada. I do have their warranty as well. I am curious if i should go thru them (obviously could be faster shipping etc)

After reading the majority of this thread I did fish up my login for here and make sure I had this laptop registered - I do not recall seeing the VIP card (do I need this?).
    I also discovered there IS an RMA center on the other side of the country (so most likely 3-10 day mail ONE WAY - hoping to avoid this).

Thank you in advance for your time in responding!
    Please try contacting customer service to setup RMA, if you have any issues with them then please send me a PM with the following info:
    Full name:
    Phone#:
    Email:
    Product S/N:

Thanks.

New ROGer Array v1p0FF PC Specs
    v1p0FF PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS
    MotherboardAsus G752VS / Intel Skylake-H / American Megatrends Inc. G752VS.310
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 16384 MB (DDR4-2400)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / 8192 MB GDDR5 256 bit
    Sound CardASUS Xonar U3 Audio Device
    MonitorAU Optronics B173HAN01.1
    Storage #1THNSN5256GPU7 TOSHIBA / 256 GB
    Storage #2HGST HTS541010A9E680 / 1000 GB
    Keyboard A4Tech X7-G100
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
    Headset SteelSeries 4H
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home Single Language 64-bit

Hello.
    Just leave my observations here. (sorry for my broken english)

I noticed that if I install older drivers for VGA there is no failure and a critical reboot (like Kernel-Power 41).
    In this case i see error 'Display driver stopped responding and was recovered.'
    I tested on 378.78 and 369.56 (from Asus page).

But when i install last 385.28 i catch this crash again (freezing screen, reboot, if OS is allowed to reboot on critical).
    Crash happens non-periodically, i may playing for some time and no issues (i checked many times on same place of game)
    or i may catch it on 1-3 minutes.
    GPU-Z log shows me different voltages.
    I think it's unstable on GPU Core Clock 1860 MHz and GPU VDDC 1.062V.
    When crash happens - MSI Afterburner shows 'boost' 1860 MHz and last GPU-Z log writing is 1860 MHz on 1.062V.
    When no crash - MSI Afterburner shows only 1835 MHz on 'boost', but GPU-Z log registers 1860 MHz on 1.05V or 1.062V.
    All tests was made in same location (savegame).
    I can not yet say why in the same game on the same place the video card works in different ways (I will be happy with the instructions)

This behavior is very strange and does not allow us to say 'this is broken'.
    It can be called unstable.
    Maybe there is another way or test?
    Any comments please.

PS: some crying words
    I like to play computer games (everlasting memory to ZX Spectrum 48) and all my previous laptops did not allow to play some games, even at medium settings.
    I always had to adjust and reconfigure something.
    And now the happy time has come! I have an almost top-end laptop and I can play almost any game without thinking about the settings!
    But NO! I again have to read tons of forums and think about how to be.
    I thought that cost of this laptop I can afford to just play.
    Very sadly.
    Last edited by v1p0FF; 08-23-2017 at 11:32 AM.

New ROGer Array

Bios 310!

Hello again! After leaving my previous reply (a couple above) I decided on a whim to check once more (had not since June) about updates for any drivers on Asus website.
    I found bios 310! I was previously using bios v306.
    I flashed with the tool provided and could then run games without the random restarts. I am going to stress it further tonight to confirm. But I do believe this could have fixed the issue? Bios 310 appears to have been released to us on Asus drivers /software pages beginning of August!
    I am hoping this helps anybody else who has yet to rma!
    I will update in the coming week to confirm if this has fixed it on my part.
    Ty all

Ex-employee Array

Hello again! After leaving my previous reply (a couple above) I decided on a whim to check once more (had not since June) about updates for any drivers on Asus website.
    I flashed with the tool provided and could then run games without the random restarts. I am going to stress it further tonight to confirm. But I do believe this could have fixed the issue? Bios 310 appears to have been released to us on Asus drivers /software pages beginning of August!
    Ty all
    I never received any updates that BIOS 310 would fix this issue. It would be great if you can share your results after your testing. Thanks.

New ROGer Array v1p0FF PC Specs
    v1p0FF PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS
    MotherboardAsus G752VS / Intel Skylake-H / American Megatrends Inc. G752VS.310
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Memory (part number)Samsung 16384 MB (DDR4-2400)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / 8192 MB GDDR5 256 bit
    Sound CardASUS Xonar U3 Audio Device
    MonitorAU Optronics B173HAN01.1
    Storage #1THNSN5256GPU7 TOSHIBA / 256 GB
    Storage #2HGST HTS541010A9E680 / 1000 GB
    Keyboard A4Tech X7-G100
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
    Headset SteelSeries 4H
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home Single Language 64-bit

Ty all
    hello.
    All my checks (my previous post) was made after i updated BIOS 310 and installed clean OS.
    There is no fix.
    Also i wrote a message about problem to my Asus service center 07/25/2017. They answer: "In the error, the Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology Driver failed. They need to be reinstalled. And also update the BIOS, reinstall the ATK and VGA drivers and then put the Turbo Gear Updater".
    Before i got that info i installed clean OS, all drivers, but Nvidia driver i installed 378.78. As it seemed to me there was no crashes and i wrote to Asus about it. It looked like their advice is right. But it happens again and continue since 08/20/2017. I guess it starts after i update VGA driver to last. Then i again installed clean OS and drivers, VGA 378.78 (also last Nvidia or VGA from Asus page) and tested. Nothing good, results in my previous post.

ROG Member Array

I originally created this thread and with Bahz' help, I've started the RMA process. I'll update this thread once I receive my laptop back.

ROG Enthusiast Array ForgeOfGods-G752VS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hapablap View Post
    I originally created this thread and with Bahz' help, I've started the RMA process. I'll update this thread once I receive my laptop back.
    I just registered my device to local RMA too., provided all collected information in last two months, hopefull that it is fixable.

BTW i have added and HHD in place of my CDROM becouse i dont use a CD's., should i remove it and place back CDROM for RMA ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Sheltem PC Specs
    Sheltem PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VS-GB139T
    MotherboardASUS Prime X299-Deluxe II
    Processori9-10900X
    Memory (part number)F4-3466C16Q-64GTZKK
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
    Graphics Card #2some 3080 Ti, whenever it launches
    Monitoracer Predator X34 (Curved 34", UWQHD 3440x1440@100Hz, IPS, G-Sync)
    Storage #11TB Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #22TB and 500GB Samsung 860 EVO
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D14
    CaseCorsair Carbide 678C Low Noise ATX
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 (Orion Spark)
    Mouse Logitech PRO
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S330D
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
    Network RouterMikroTik RB1100AHx4
    Accessory #1 Linksys WRT1900AC (Stock OS, WiFi AP-only bridge)
    Accessory #2 TP-LINK SG1005D

Quote Originally Posted by ForgeOfGods-G752VS View Post
    I just registered my device to local RMA too., provided all collected information in last two months, hopefull that it is fixable.

BTW i have added and HHD in place of my CDROM becouse i dont use a CD's., should i remove it and place back CDROM for RMA ?
    That would be the best thing to do, RMAing as you have received it.
    He who invokes history is always secure.
    The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
    Their reply will always be silence.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast