Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I have the exact issue, same model as mentioned several times. - When i called ASUS support, I was met by the most obnoxious hostile twat, ive ever talked to on the phone. He told me to reinstall windows. Told him I did that, and directed him to this thread. His reply was "I dont have time to look into a full thread, if reinstalling windows didnt help, I cant help you". Then he disconnected the conversation. Litteraly fuming flames out of every single vent in my body, I called back. After scolding the supporter, he appologised and overlooked the thread. His final verdict was sending it in for RMA, but i would most likely be charged for it, as he didnt believe it was a hardware issue. - Ive had three ROG laptops, first one was a G75; burst into flames after 6months.. Second one was a G750; batteryissues (zenboard?), ended up electrocuting me.. Now this. Ive dealt with ASUS support in more than 5years now, never have i experienced them admitting, that it could be a fault of theirs. The G750 had a total of 3 services, came back with more issues than what it left with. They even damaged the screen on the second RMA, claimed it was me who damaged it. Only reason i managed to hold them responsible, was due to very thorough documentation. Reading the responses of the mods here, are just an extent of ASUS hortible service.. As if it was a natural given, uninstalling the ****ty bloatware ASUS installed, would fix the issues. Newsflash; it didnt. But of course, its most likely because YOU did something wrong, and not because ASUS installed a halfarsed program on ypur laptop, that litteraly breaks the graphics card. - Had I known that i needed a diploma in programming to operate ASUS' paperweights, I would never had made that purchase. Luckily, I live in a country that protects its consumers, so I just turn it in at the retailer. But i still have to be without a laptop, while the 3rd party RMA-company ****s my laptop. - Crappy quality laptops, even worse support. Just signing up for this website to make this post, felt like a rerun of the past 5 years dealing with ASUS.. - On a final note; i think its very safe to say, that the 5-6 securitychecks you have to go through, easily shaming general airportsecurity, are absolutely pointless. I dont think anyone would come to this dark sorry corner of the internet, unless its the absolute last resort. - Also, rating this thread only allows me to pick "excellent". This **** is getting too meta now..

New ROGer Array

Hi

Just thought I would share my experience regarding this issue as well.

Bought my computer a couple of months ago, and it was not really any doubt there was a big problem with it. My problem was pretty much the same as described several places in this thread. While gaming, regardless of load and temps it would freeze, entire screen would go white or blue and then hard reset without any kind of error message.

I contacted the retailer who told me to send it to RMA. I did, and I gave all the possible information I could think of, including this thread. The people at my RMA was very friendly and told me this thread was helpful.

Just now, I got information that it was indeed the motherboard that was faulty and needed replacement. Time from ordering part to receiving it was very short, so I suspect they knew about this issue beforehand.

So thank you, everyone who has contributed to this thread, i believe you have helped me a lot!

Will update my post when I receive my laptop and tested it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by V3gard View Post
    Hi

Just thought I would share my experience regarding this issue as well.

Bought my computer a couple of months ago, and it was not really any doubt there was a big problem with it. My problem was pretty much the same as described several places in this thread. While gaming, regardless of load and temps it would freeze, entire screen would go white or blue and then hard reset without any kind of error message.

I contacted the retailer who told me to send it to RMA. I did, and I gave all the possible information I could think of, including this thread. The people at my RMA was very friendly and told me this thread was helpful.

Just now, I got information that it was indeed the motherboard that was faulty and needed replacement. Time from ordering part to receiving it was very short, so I suspect they knew about this issue beforehand.

So thank you, everyone who has contributed to this thread, i believe you have helped me a lot!

Will update my post when I receive my laptop and tested it.
    Motherboard is a prettu vital part of the computer, so dont forget to get a full 2year warrenty. - I know ASUS claims thetes only a three-month warranty on their "components", but its not a component thats been changed. Its litteraly the backbone of the product. When dealing with ASUS, you have toshow some teeth, else youll just get treated as a common fool. Just turned mine in for RMA as well, and I held my claim of one month of "fair" time for process. Retailer agreed, and disregarded ASUS claim of three to fpur attempts of fixing the fault. EU law is pretty solid on this point; at no point is is described how many attempts they have to fix it, only how long it may take from the first RMA, to a complete fix of the actual problem. If new problems occour, those problems can then be adressed with a new isolated RMA, and a new fair time to fix it. But as both the danish consumerministry and consumerprotection agencies has informed me; if several faults occour, they CAN argument, that fair time has been exceeded.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lieper8 View Post
    Motherboard is a prettu vital part of the computer, so dont forget to get a full 2year warrenty. - I know ASUS claims thetes only a three-month warranty on their "components", but its not a component thats been changed. Its litteraly the backbone of the product. When dealing with ASUS, you have toshow some teeth, else youll just get treated as a common fool. Just turned mine in for RMA as well, and I held my claim of one month of "fair" time for process. Retailer agreed, and disregarded ASUS claim of three to fpur attempts of fixing the fault. EU law is pretty solid on this point; at no point is is described how many attempts they have to fix it, only how long it may take from the first RMA, to a complete fix of the actual problem. If new problems occour, those problems can then be adressed with a new isolated RMA, and a new fair time to fix it. But as both the danish consumerministry and consumerprotection agencies has informed me; if several faults occour, they CAN argument, that fair time has been exceeded.
    Thank you for the information. As my claim was with the retailer, not ASUS, I was very clear on the matter of claim, which they agreed with.
    Yesterday, I got my laptop back, and as far as I could tell yesterday, everything is working perfectly! Cities Skylines, which was the worst one for my, did not crash once under stress, or normal play.

I will continue to test, but it is looking good

New ROGer Array

I have bought my ASUS G752VS in February and everything seemed fine for several months. In September I started with Virtual Reality games and I noted crashes followed by automatic reboot in several games (Vanishing Realms, Elite Dangerous and a non VR game: Elder scrolls online). Especially Elite Dangerous was not playable as it crashed 2 or more times each hour. After searching the internet I found this very usefull thread (G752VS crashing issues) and implemented the suggested actions:
    - reinstalled windows to its factory settings
    - upgraded BIOS to version 310
    - removed ROG Gaming Center
    The results are now much better but I still got infrequent crashes & reboot in Elite Dangerous (about 1 every 5 hours). Is this still a reason to RMA the laptop and if so, how will they (support) detect the problem? I don’t want to start an RMA request, sending in my laptop to get it back with nothing changed because no problems are detected by support.

New ROGer Array

Today got my VSK back, of course scratched.
    Motherboard and RAM were swapped, so far everything works but the days will tell
    6 weeks it took the repair.

New ROGer Array

The vsk runs stable without problems anymore, which I noticed, where I had the freez, had the cpu less heat ca 85celsius, now with the new mainboard 95 celsius at 100% cpu and GPU last, GPU is at 60 celsius max, what I was able to bring in experience that the people who did not have the problm with the vsk usually have similar values,
    As long as it is stable I can live with it.

New ROGer Array

My g752VSK continues to crash. Although rare but still, whether last or little load does not matter.

New ROGer Array

My laptop (g752vsk 7820hk with the 1070) was having the same issue with constant crashes since I started using it. Decided to send it back to newegg for a repair/replacement. Well turns out it just didn’t arrive back at newegg. Tracking just stopped being sent on the 16th, and it says it was delayed. So yeah, my package is likely lost and now I’m down US$2000. If this issue never popped up in the first place I would *be enjoying my new rog laptop right now, Instead I was robbed. Thanks Asus, newegg, and USPS. And I’ll be leaving the states back to Aus at the end of the month so there’s that too. Happy thanksgiving everyone. It’s been fun.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is everyone here having crash problems using GTX 1070 cards?
    I'm guessing this is the "1.013v"+ voltage crash, right?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast