Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Uninstalling the software seems like the logical solution, I thought everyone in this thread would have tried that already. I will update our notebook team of this information but the update I received internally is that this issue wasn't occurring for them.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Uninstalling the software seems like the logical solution, I thought everyone in this thread would have tried that already. I will update our notebook team of this information but the update I received internally is that this issue wasn't occurring for them.
    There are a few different types of the G752VS correct? Not all of them are the same exact specs and hardware right? Maybe this is happening to a few particular models. Or maybe in manufacturing they ran out of a specific part and used a comparable part from another maker and it's only affecting those people? Just because it's not happening internally, doesn't mean it's not a mass problem. There are multiple people who are having this problem in just this thread alone, not to mention other social sites I have seen this model number and problem listed on.

It seems to me like Asus support is really dropping the ball on this model and I have no clue why as this should be considered one of there flagship devices considering its power and cost. It's reported in another thread that there is a new BIOS version out for this model (309) but its not anywhere on the support page to download it. Plus the newest driver listed there is from 11/2016 and its the video driver. We all know for a fact that there have been newer video drivers released. This is still all modern hardware, there is no way that every component in this computer has not had a driver update since earlier then November of last year.

Anyway, sorry about the rant...

UPDATE:

Like I mentioned previously, I uninstalled the ROG Gaming Center Software. Played GTA 5 for about an hour with no problems, went to dinner, left the computer on and came back and played for about another 2 hours after the kids went to bed with NO PROBLEMS. Played a few rounds of Overwatch that night as well, but like I said, since my last restore Overwatch hasnt been a problem for me.

Weekend is coming up, my other activities take precedence over gaming but I should be able to get a decent amount of time in. I will post back again Monday if not sooner.

We have a great thread here, with some damn good advice. Hopefully this problem is corrected, but I want a good week of crash free gaming before I feel like we fixed it for certain. Thanks everyone (especially pikamus2) for all the troubleshooting and experimentation.
    Last edited by workshop777; 07-14-2017 at 12:12 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Not a fix for everyone apparently. The below quote is from the 1st post in this thread... overlooked that somehow.

I uninstalled ROG Gaming Center and that seems to have reduced the frequency of the crashes but I'm still experiencing some.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I play GTA 5 too and have the same problem but I have G752VY and got a smart error which made my laptop retarded all the freeze and fail to boot up.
    Last edited by BL_11; 07-14-2017 at 02:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by BL_11 View Post
    I play GTA 5 too and have the same problem but I have G752VY and got a smart error which made my laptop retarded all the freeze and fail to boot up.
    Hello BL.
    if you can't more info about the "error" or "crashes" we can't help you pin point the issue.
    most probably that you're not doing something right or simply not doing something at all... your HW might just be OK.

by the info you told us so far, I would recommend that you boot into SAFE MODE and CLEAN WIPE your graphics drivers using DDU.
    While you're in SAFE MODE, please make screenshots of BLUESCREENVIEW so that we can see your BSOD details if you got ny before the bootloop.
    then, get the LATEST driver from NVIDIA OFFICIAL SITE ( NOT ASUS ! ) and install it.

lastly, it would also be helpful if you share some more technical details by running HWINFO, and saving an HTML report and share it with us IN THIS THREAD ( NO PM PLEASE ).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just reporting back.

Played games over the weekend without any problems at all. Dead Rising 3, Overwatch and a lot of GTA5. No Crashes at all since removing the ROG Gaming Center Software. Gonna wait until the end of the week to be certain if that corrected it.

ROG Enthusiast Array ForgeOfGods-G752VS's Avatar

Voltage and clocks

Okay, one week work with asus support and finaly they told me to send it to RMA, well, 2500 eur laptop and send it to RMA after few weeks after purchage doesnt sounds good for me, anyway, after trilion tests finaly i found issue.

GPU clock should be: 1445~ default and 1580~ on Turbo mode
    Then tell me dear ASUS, why the GPU Hits 2000 even if it is clocked to 1445? It overboost, its sick and it couses crash, becouse in all tests gpu crashing after 1.062 v. , high voltage coused by clock speed, i had to declock gpu to 1200 hz and with this clock she still overboost it self to 1800~ hz, once you guys find way to stop this overboost and lock gpu at safe clocks problem will be solved. 1.05 v looks like stable but few secounds on 1.062 v turning gpu off even on 50° C temp.

Overboost is our problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array ForgeOfGods-G752VS's Avatar

Here visuals on GTA 5, gpu clock at 1445 but overboost to 1850~
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Clocks jpg.jpg  

overboost jpg.jpg  

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by workshop777 View Post
    Just reporting back.

Played games over the weekend without any problems at all. Dead Rising 3, Overwatch and a lot of GTA5. No Crashes at all since removing the ROG Gaming Center Software. Gonna wait until the end of the week to be certain if that corrected it.
    yup same
    haven't checked in for a while. everything is gravy so far, been playing different games, pretty stable.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

I think you'll have to ignore it. I myself have the same problem. Random shutdowns to black screen and have to reboot.

I believe it's a false positive on overheating.. I have a temperature monitor on 24/7 and my GPU spiked to 110*C+ for a split second doing medial tasks.. and my highest ever achieved through benching and gaming is 81 during the summer.

Luckily the 110 didn't trip the emergency shutdown.. for that one event. Anyhow, I believe this is the case..

Also.. you should undo or lower your overclocks. I recently reoverclocked my GPU (770m) to max clock and 5000 on memory, and within 5 mins I had a freeze playing RotTomb Raider with the FZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound stuck on speakers. But that's a different kind of crash, though COULD be related?
    Gosh Blue Lady.. ❤

JOIN THE ASUS T-SHOOT DISCORD <-- Clicky!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast