Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    ROG Member Array Gentleman PC Specs
    Gentleman PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS VIII GENE
    ProcessorINTEL i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL 3000Mhz 16 GB (2x8)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RX 560 STRIX O4G
    Sound CardSupremeFX 2015
    MonitorSamsung 27" 144Hz
    Storage #1Crucial MX200 240GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 500GB, 2x WD Black 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCorsair Air 240
    Power SupplyBeQuiet 500W Pure Power
    Keyboard Logitech K350
    Mouse Logitech MX-518
    Mouse Pad steelseries
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

i have same issue on my ASUS ROG 460 4G OC, im a casual player (2h/week), but almost every time ivgot issue with signal loss

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiveofeight View Post
    Still have the same issue with the card with the new bios, and now Asus won't issue an RMA anymore as it is out of warranty. I bought an MSI Radeon RX 470 off of Ebay and ran Unigine Valley for 2 weeks 24/7 on the PC, and had 0 issues with crashes/ no signal, so it's 100% the card and not something else in the system. Not impressed that I was sent 2 RX 470s that were defective, had to pay for the shipping back to Asus twice, and now Asus will not replace it. Additionally the front fan has already started to fail, after just a few months it is spinning way slower than the other fan.

@James-Pro. might be because I have the non-oc version of the card (max clock speed is 1206MHz), but voltages are a lot lower for my STRIX RX470-4G:
    Attachment 73596

For comparison this is what my voltages on the MSI card are, which has no stability issues:
    Attachment 73597

Those voltages are also linked to your Asic quality afaik, so it will auto adjust for every card (you can check that in GPU-z, go to advanced>asic quality in the dropdown), my Asus card is 90.9, and the MSI is 61.6%).
    Please check your private messages, your card is not out of warranty, it's covered for 3 years. A point of contact in the US has been informed and is waiting for your response.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by fiveofeight View Post
    Still have the same issue with the card with the new bios, and now Asus won't issue an RMA anymore as it is out of warranty. I bought an MSI Radeon RX 470 off of Ebay and ran Unigine Valley for 2 weeks 24/7 on the PC, and had 0 issues with crashes/ no signal, so it's 100% the card and not something else in the system. Not impressed that I was sent 2 RX 470s that were defective, had to pay for the shipping back to Asus twice, and now Asus will not replace it. Additionally the front fan has already started to fail, after just a few months it is spinning way slower than the other fan.

@James-Pro. might be because I have the non-oc version of the card (max clock speed is 1206MHz), but voltages are a lot lower for my STRIX RX470-4G:
    Attachment 73596

For comparison this is what my voltages on the MSI card are, which has no stability issues:
    Attachment 73597

Those voltages are also linked to your Asic quality afaik, so it will auto adjust for every card (you can check that in GPU-z, go to advanced>asic quality in the dropdown), my Asus card is 90.9, and the MSI is 61.6%).
    I checked the asic quality for my card and it says 70.9%

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Please check your private messages, your card is not out of warranty, it's covered for 3 years. A point of contact in the US has been informed and is waiting for your response.
    Thanks, I got the PM, sent an email and waiting for a response from the representative now.

Update 17-05-2018: I emailed 8 days ago the info requested for my RMA, have not heard back anything.

Update 18-05-2018: I received my RMA info, there was an issue with the RMA system not sending emails.
    Last edited by fiveofeight; 05-19-2018 at 12:27 AM.

ROG Member Array

I got my replacement card on Friday and installed it, replacing my MSI Radeon Rx 470 Gaming X, and the issue is still present. After 62 hours of uptime, the screen went black and said no signal. I hit the reset button, and the bios says that the primary pci-express slot is empty, until I power down the machine and power it back on again. The msi card work fine in that slot, no issues after 20 days or more of uptime.

I'm testing with both cards installed now, MSI in the primary slot, Asus in the secondary (in non-crossfire mode), running Unigine Valley on the Asus card (primary monitor is connected to MSI card, secondary to Asus card).

Maybe it's possible that its some sort of power delivery issue? The MSI card only ever once showed this blank screen/no signal issue, and thats when I flashed an incorrect vbios to it, causing it to draw 160W (the MSI card I purchased from Ebay had the incorrect vbios, it said it had Hynix vram when the chips were labled Samsung, I flashed a vbios from the MSI forums that matched my card name, but ended up being the wrong version). A few minutes after booting up with that incorrect vbios on the MSI card, I had the no signal/black screen, but everything went back to normal after flashing the correct vbios (I posted on the MSI forums with my card's serial # and current vbios, they were able to supply me with the correct one for my card.)

Maybe the Asus card has some issue with the power delivery and its shutting itself off? But it's only drawing 84.7W according to hwinfo, so I'm not sure whats happening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uPRVh9U.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	74083
    Last edited by fiveofeight; 06-04-2018 at 03:24 PM.

ROG Member Array

Ran the PC with both GPUs setup in non-crossfire mode. After 49 hours the monitor connected to the Asus card went blank and said no signal. For a few seconds after that, the computer ran as normal on the MSI card, then the system froze up (probably because when the Asus card breaks, it acts like its been disconnected/unplugged from the system). Upon hitting the reset button, bios shows primary pci-express slot as "Function 0 ATI Technologies Inc. VGA Controller" (msi card), and the secondary one as empty. Device Manager only shows 1 RX 470 (the MSI card).

It's getting pretty ridiculous now that I've had to pay for shipping the card 3 times, only to get back a card with issues.

Edit: tested it again, lowering the power limit to -25% to keep it under 75w, and it still crashed after 57 hours.
    Last edited by fiveofeight; 06-11-2018 at 01:54 AM.

ROG Member Array

i tested for a 2 months straight with different settings and to no good solution. The card obviusly has a flaw and u we cant pin point whats the problem. Not to mention i also had RMD a card to get other one with the same flaw. I can tell u from my stand point this is a damn lausy user expirience.

Anyway im done with trying to get help from the ROG techs and will switch to another card ASAP.

C u all

Maybe other will be better luck in finding solution to this signal lost problem and then when they solve that maybe they will also find a solution for the card self throttling to 300 mhz all the time (on 64-66 deg C).

ROG Junior Member Array

I’ve also been struggling with this since I bought the card last year. Originally went through ASU’s email support but that was a nightmare.
    *1. Whether you have RMA'd your graphics card already. No - Amazon said only a refund is possible.
    *2. Your vgainfo details - download here: https://i.imgur.com/dSuYBlb.png
    *3. The games which aren't stable and approx. how long they run for. Happens in any game. I play Rocket league mostly - It seems random but certain more intense maps (Like a new beach one) cause no signal every other game.
    *4. Graphics driver version Radeon Software Version: 17.7 Driver Packaging Version: 17.30.1091.1011-170922a-318486C
    *5. GPU Tweak version V1.5.2.8 (Now uninstalled - existed with and without GPU Tweak)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey guys... this might sound like a shot in the dark, but we have some reports of poor quality DP cables causing some inconsistent behavior - could possibly be the source signal losses in gameplay. Perhaps worth considering. fiveofeight, are you connected via DP?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by stewart@asus View Post
    Hey guys... this might sound like a shot in the dark, but we have some reports of poor quality DP cables causing some inconsistent behavior - could possibly be the source signal losses in gameplay. Perhaps worth considering. fiveofeight, are you connected via DP?
    Main monitor is connected via a passive HDMI>DVI cable, secondary monitor is connected to a DP->VGA active converter. I tested just plugging in my main monitor using HDMI and DVI, and still got no signal with both. Both of those cables also work fine with my MSI card.
    Last edited by fiveofeight; 06-12-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast