Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    ROG Member Array Gentleman PC Specs
    Gentleman PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS VIII GENE
    ProcessorINTEL i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL 3000Mhz 16 GB (2x8)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RX 560 STRIX O4G
    Sound CardSupremeFX 2015
    MonitorSamsung 27" 144Hz
    Storage #1Crucial MX200 240GB
    Storage #2Crucial MX500 500GB, 2x WD Black 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCorsair Air 240
    Power SupplyBeQuiet 500W Pure Power
    Keyboard Logitech K350
    Mouse Logitech MX-518
    Mouse Pad steelseries
    OS Windows 10 PRO x64

ASUS dont care about any customers

many ppl here and on other forums speak, cry about signal loss, and company dont care, no help no support even for rog strix buyers

and for god sake - polish support is TERRIBLE lazy

after 15 years being a fan of "rock solid" products im not going buy anything more from ASUS

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
    ASUS dont care about any customers

many ppl here and on other forums speak, cry about signal loss, and company dont care, no help no support even for rog strix buyers

and for god sake - polish support is TERRIBLE lazy

after 15 years being a fan of "rock solid" products im not going buy anything more from ASUS
    Definitely not impressed with Asus' support. I've had to spend money on shipping the card back 3 times, only to receive a product with the same issue back. My email to Nestor Santos stating that the issue is present with replacement card went unanswered as well.

Weird thing is that the card works fine if I mine crypto on it (at least ethereum), it's stable and runs for weeks. It's when 3d is involved (gaming) that it crashes. The card was purchased for gaming though, so its not able to fulfill its main purpose, which is why I had to buy the MSI RX 470 since Asus has still not resolved my issue.

Edit: nestor emailed me back, and another RMA has been scheduled, this time with the Asus headquarters, so their team can verify the issue and test the replacement. Hopefully the issue will finally be resolved.
    Last edited by fiveofeight; 07-03-2018 at 06:17 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by drtwdiablo View Post
    Sent the card back and honestly I'm interested in what kind of silly story they have for me now. Last month I've spent using AMD x1600 just browsing the web and if I don't get my card back in pristine condition I'm done with the card and ASUS forever.
    Did you send it to Indiana or California this time? When I sent it to IN, they saw the problem and replaced the card with another RX 470 (different serial # and ASIC quality), though the replacements had the same issue. For the new RMA, they asked me to
    "At this point, I think it’s best to have a RMA created to my location here at our Corporate Office here in Fremont CA. so we can go ahead and verify the issue. This way we can have out technical team personally test the replacement unit to avoid any further issues/claims.".
    They're replacing it with an RX 570 since they don't have any 470s left, currently waiting on them to receive stock and test the card. Hopefully they'll be able to find the issue and replace your with a working card. Seems we didn't get as lucky as Legitreviews did though, they had an Rx 480 that broke, due to lack of stock Asus replaced it with a gtx 1080: http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-vid...me-2017_197459

I'll post an update once I receive the replacement card back.

ROG Member Array

Got the replacement RX 570 and tested it for 144 hours, didn't get a black screen. Card seems better built than the rx 470 as well, more power phases, 8 pin vs 6 pin power, and doesn't constantly downclock like the 470 either.

New ROGer Array kenzibnh PC Specs
    kenzibnh PC Specs
    MotherboardMSI P67A-GD65 B3
    Processori7-2600 @4.2GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2 x 4 Go 1600 MHz CAS 9
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX RX470 4GB OC
    Storage #1Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseZalman R1
    Power SupplyCorsair VS550
    OS Windows 10

Hi, I have a RX 470 Strix 4GB OC that loses connection to monitor and i saw in this thread that MasterC@ASUS recommend first to RMA the card.
    So I sent it... waiting 3 weeks and they said that my card has no problem...
    Got it back yesterday, I was playing and you know what... my card loses connection to monitor.
    I saw in this thread that there is a private vBIOS that i can maybe try.
    (Sorry for my bad english i’m 17 years old and live in France)

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kenzibnh View Post
    Hi, I have a RX 470 Strix 4GB OC that loses connection to monitor and i saw in this thread that MasterC@ASUS recommend first to RMA the card.
    So I sent it... waiting 3 weeks and they said that my card has no problem...
    Got it back yesterday, I was playing and you know what... my card loses connection to monitor.
    I saw in this thread that there is a private vBIOS that i can maybe try.
    (Sorry for my bad english i’m 17 years old and live in France)
    Exactly the same problem for me. The loss of signal is random and seems associated with any gaming, but when it strikes it often persists even on a hard PC reset and I need to give it a few minutes before I can boot back into Windows.
    It does not seem to be related to temperatures, as I have very effective fan profile running and keeping it from getting above around 61C.

I'm reluctant to RMA it given the number of returns with no faults found, so have there been any successes with alternate vbios?

New ROGer Array kenzibnh PC Specs
    kenzibnh PC Specs
    MotherboardMSI P67A-GD65 B3
    Processori7-2600 @4.2GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2 x 4 Go 1600 MHz CAS 9
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX RX470 4GB OC
    Storage #1Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseZalman R1
    Power SupplyCorsair VS550
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by AvronW View Post

I'm reluctant to RMA it given the number of returns with no faults found, so have there been any successes with alternate vbios?
    I sent a private message to stewart@asus and he told me that he has requested an alternative vBIOS.
    I'm awaiting this alternative vBIOS and I will update you soon (I hope so) about the success...

EDIT 02-22-2019:

Hi. it's going to be 4 months that I'm without news about a vBIOS, meanwhile I found a way to reduce crashes, I reduced gpu frequency of -10%.
    I still have driver crashes but less.
    https://prnt.sc/moku0m
    Last edited by kenzibnh; 02-22-2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Update

New ROGer Array

i got this issue also

I have spent a lot of time finding root cause but now it is clear. The chip does not behave as expected at peak frequency. After many tests mine seems to be ok at 1210. I have sent also the card to RMA to my store...They of course say it is ok, no problem.
    As Asus will not release new bios i was thinking to underclock it by flashing new bios. Anybody else did it ?

New ROGer Array

In general, I have this card undervolted & lowered clocks because I don't need to push it for what I'm doing. I do get the lost monitor connection at times. Seems to not happen for quite long periods & then will pop up.

I just flashed to latest Asus bios. Hopefully with that & the fact I have my card running with lower clocks anyways will end the issue.
    Last edited by tkachuk07; 03-20-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11