Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

PARKING porto

Quote Originally Posted by James-Pro View Post
    Hi... from what I can understand it seems to be just the OC model not the standard model.

Have you flashed your card with the bios update?

For the time being while waiting for Asus to release another bios update that 100% fixes this issue I am underclocking and undervolting my video card so that it does not lose connection with the monitor, just the upper state 7....

Here is a screenshot showing the settings.

yes, i've update de bios but i don't see differences, thank you for the configuration, is this the solution? or only reduce the connection losses?

before I've underclocking the card with the asus gpu tweak and does not work

thank you for you support

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by brain72 View Post
    yes, i've update de bios but i don't see differences, thank you for the configuration, is this the solution? or only reduce the connection losses?

before I've underclocking the card with the asus gpu tweak and does not work

thank you for you support
    These settings make the card not lose connection for me, use Wattman not the asus program, Wattman gives you more control.

I hope Asus fixes this 100% with a new bios, having to underclock and undervolting a video card just to use is so silly -__-

*edit*

Out of curiosity what is your power supply?

I have a Corsair HX650W
    Last edited by James-Pro; 07-26-2017 at 02:59 AM. Reason: edit

New ROGer Array

braking bristo

Hi, Im using 500w 80+w, with your configuration is seems the problem is fix thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well it's been a while since reporting this issue a second time, no new bios.. seems Asus don't care.

I won't be buying this brand again, it's been nothing but a bad experience..

Ex-employee Array

I have reported this issue over to our team, however the number of reports is still very few as most people have reported that the issue is fixed with the latest vBIOS. Please help share you full system specifications, graphics driver, GPU Tweak II version, and OS version. Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I have reported this issue over to our team, however the number of reports is still very few as most people have reported that the issue is fixed with the latest vBIOS. Please help share you full system specifications, graphics driver, GPU Tweak II version, and OS version. Thanks.
    The issue happens with the current bios update, just to a lesser extent... It is frustrating.

Current OS used is Windows 8.1, I also dual boot with Windows 10 on a separate partition, the issue is present on both.

Current Driver version used is 17.8.1, the issue is present using every single driver version including the one that comes on the support CD that comes in the box with the video card, I purchased this card 4 months ago now.

Motherboard is ASUS M5A97 R2.0, CPU is AMD FX 8320, Memory is G.Skill Ripjaws X F3 8GB, SSD is Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Power Supply is Corsair HX650W, Monitor is BenQ GW2270, Monitor is connected via HDMI.

GPU Tweak II is not used or installed.

The video games I was playing when this issue happened was Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3.

If a new bios could be released to fix this problem 100% that would be fantastic.

*edit*

Issue is reported on Guru3D forums with the new bios update applied, one user mentioned he sold his ASUS RX 470 due to the issue and got a 1060, also mentioned he saw the issue reported on AMD forums with the new bios being used.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/ne...oc-4gb.415250/
    Last edited by James-Pro; 08-24-2017 at 12:54 AM. Reason: more information

Ex-employee Array

Great, thanks for getting back to me with this information.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Great, thanks for getting back to me with this information.
    No problem, I hope it leads to the issue finally being fixed properly.

Ex-employee Array

I received update from our product team that they've been looking into this issue already, we're in the process of collecting back a few of the cards with this issue for further analysis.

The issue regarding the card not working in OC mode or boost clock not reaching the OC clock speeds is tested to be working properly. With AMD's new driver design, the cards don't necessarily reach maximum boost clock speeds with each game/application. The example given by our team was 3DMark11 where the average clock is 1089MHz and Unigine Heaven benchmark the average clock speed is 1189MHz. The card not reaching 1250MHz in all games and applications is working as intended with the driver design and the power states that are automatically determined based on the loading in each game/application. They have tested this internally with current BIOS and is working as intended.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I received update from our product team that they've been looking into this issue already, we're in the process of collecting back a few of the cards with this issue for further analysis.

The issue regarding the card not working in OC mode or boost clock not reaching the OC clock speeds is tested to be working properly. With AMD's new driver design, the cards don't necessarily reach maximum boost clock speeds with each game/application. The example given by our team was 3DMark11 where the average clock is 1089MHz and Unigine Heaven benchmark the average clock speed is 1189MHz. The card not reaching 1250MHz in all games and applications is working as intended with the driver design and the power states that are automatically determined based on the loading in each game/application. They have tested this internally with current BIOS and is working as intended.
    I am not overclocking the video card, The issue is present at the video cards default settings, the issue is still present with the current updated bios released on June 13, just to a lesser extent... all the bios update did was make it happen less, it did not fix the issue.

This is my system shown in gpu-z and cpu-z.

http://i.imgur.com/BqJC9Lg.png

*edit*

Just to be clear, the issue the video card is having, mentioned here and elsewhere, is that the video card loses connection to the monitor when playing video games, this results in the monitor going black, on my monitor it shows "No Signal".. prior to the bios update this would happen within 4 minutes to half an hour, with the bios update it can happen within an hour to two hours.. and not always, that is why it's so frustrating, it doesn't happen predictably.

From what I understand it is the upper state that is the issue, State 7... my guess is that the board is drawing too much power which is resulting in the card losing connection to the monitor.

I have managed to use the video card for a few weeks now without it losing connection to the monitor by lowering the 7th state voltage by 25mhz to 1225Mhz and lowering the voltage of the 7th state to 1140mV, by default it is 1150mV.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by James-Pro; 08-25-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: clarification of the issue.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast