Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by James-Pro View Post
    I am not overclocking the video card, The issue is present at the video cards default settings, the issue is still present with the current updated bios released on June 13, just to a lesser extent... all the bios update did was make it happen less, it did not fix the issue.

This is my system shown in gpu-z and cpu-z.

http://i.imgur.com/BqJC9Lg.png

*edit*

Just to be clear, the issue the video card is having, mentioned here and elsewhere, is that the video card loses connection to the monitor when playing video games, this results in the monitor going black, on my monitor it shows "No Signal".. prior to the bios update this would happen within 4 minutes to half an hour, with the bios update it can happen within an hour to two hours.. and not always, that is why it's so frustrating, it doesn't happen predictably.

From what I understand it is the upper state that is the issue, State 7... my guess is that the board is drawing too much power which is resulting in the card losing connection to the monitor.

I have managed to use the video card for a few weeks now without it losing connection to the monitor by lowering the 7th state voltage by 25mhz to 1225Mhz and lowering the voltage of the 7th state to 1140mV, by default it is 1150mV.

I hope that helps.
    We just got to wait until we collect back a few of the cards that have this issue before we can work on new vBIOS to address this issue. The retail cards we tested on does not have this issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    We just got to wait until we collect back a few of the cards that have this issue before we can work on new vBIOS to address this issue. The retail cards we tested on does not have this issue.
    Nice, I look forward to it being fixed.

New ROGer Array

same problem here, any solution?

update status?

ROG Member Array

Problems with signal lost ROG STRIX 470 O4G

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnicks View Post
    same problem here, any solution?

update status?
    So i can just join the unhappy crowd with my RX 470 ROG STRIX 04G. As many here and elseware (i found this problem on may forums with no current solution) i have problem with my GPU that is turning off and consequentionaly no signal on monitor and only hard reset would bring it back to life.
    My configuration is
    INTEL Core i5 6400, Skylake, 2700/3300 MHz, Socket 1151
    ASUS AMD Radeon ROG RX 470, 4GB GDDR5
    ASROCK Fatal1ty B150 GAMING K4, socket 1151
    KINGSTON 8 GB DDR4, 2133 MHz, DIMM, HyperX Savage, CL13
    SSD disk 120 GB, KINGSTON, 2.5", SATA III
    CORSAIR CX600, 600W
    ZALMAN Z11 PLUS,

so i tryed everything that is suggested in this and others forums like DDU drivers (6 or 7 diffrent ver, old ones and new ones), repluging GPU, swihcing ports (from DP to HDMI and back), all kind of settings setup with watman (including one described on this tread ), new offical VBIOS and so on.....and nothing worked.
    So can i get someone to help me in this particular problem and what are my options, has anyone made some permanent workaround because after all the hussle with the NEW card i bought im quite angry.
    Just to say i bought this for my son to ply games and the card was clearly sated as gaming one and it cant run any games (at least not longer then 5-10 mins).
    Sry for eng.

And for admin here can u at least contact ur team and tell us what is ROG-s recommendation on how to run this card to not have an issue.

Thx in advance.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDread View Post
    So i can just join the unhappy crowd with my RX 470 ROG STRIX 04G. As many here and elseware (i found this problem on may forums with no current solution) i have problem with my GPU that is turning off and consequentionaly no signal on monitor and only hard reset would bring it back to life.
    My configuration is
    INTEL Core i5 6400, Skylake, 2700/3300 MHz, Socket 1151
    ASUS AMD Radeon ROG RX 470, 4GB GDDR5
    ASROCK Fatal1ty B150 GAMING K4, socket 1151
    KINGSTON 8 GB DDR4, 2133 MHz, DIMM, HyperX Savage, CL13
    SSD disk 120 GB, KINGSTON, 2.5", SATA III
    CORSAIR CX600, 600W
    ZALMAN Z11 PLUS,

so i tryed everything that is suggested in this and others forums like DDU drivers (6 or 7 diffrent ver, old ones and new ones), repluging GPU, swihcing ports (from DP to HDMI and back), all kind of settings setup with watman (including one described on this tread ), new offical VBIOS and so on.....and nothing worked.
    So can i get someone to help me in this particular problem and what are my options, has anyone made some permanent workaround because after all the hussle with the NEW card i bought im quite angry.
    Just to say i bought this for my son to ply games and the card was clearly sated as gaming one and it cant run any games (at least not longer then 5-10 mins).
    Sry for eng.

And for admin here can u at least contact ur team and tell us what is ROG-s recommendation on how to run this card to not have an issue.

Thx in advance.
    Hi Guys,

We are still looking into this. For anyone still experiencing issues, please provide the info below if you haven't already:
    OS version
    Graphics driver version
    Hardware specs
    Games which crash/cause issues

Thank you

New ROGer Array

OS version: WINDOWS 10 64 (old and reinstall (fresh), same problem)

Graphics driver version:
    17.7.2 (multiple drivers used)
    Hardware specs:
    i7 3770
    MSI Z77A-G45
    KINGSTON 2GB X3
    NZXT HALE 82 750W 80 PLUS BRONCE
    WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB
    ASUS RX470 STRIX OC EDITION 4GB

Games which crash/cause issues:
    Black desert Online
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Arma 3
    Firefox (arma 3 in background)
    Day of Infamy
    Heroes of the Storm

Since the last vbio update 1-3 crash per week (less than before)
    I try another video card (amd r9 280x), no problems.
    Last edited by Sputnicks; 10-13-2017 at 01:57 AM.

ROG Member Array

Update!!! on situation !!!

OK some update on situation. I RMA-ed the card just to see would i get same one back.
    I got new one and i dont have any of the problem i had before. I installed latest drivers and
    everything is well except that card throtling itself on 60 deg. No problem whit no signal any more
    at least for now. So i guess i got faulty card.

ROG Enthusiast Array

A month later, still here, still waiting......

ROG Member Array

Update on my current GPU situation

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDread View Post
    OK some update on situation. I RMA-ed the card just to see would i get same one back.
    I got new one and i dont have any of the problem i had before. I installed latest drivers and
    everything is well except that card throtling itself on 60 deg. No problem whit no signal any more
    at least for now. So i guess i got faulty card.
    Another UPDATE!!
    i thought i was OK with new card i got from RMA but guess what has happend. Last night the new card lost signal while playing CS:GO
    I have windows 10 with this anneversary update and my comp spec are listed in few post above. Signal lost isnt problem of particular game it happend on any game as far as i know.

So this we definetly need some help in resolving this issue cos it render this GPU pretty unusable for gaming. And i am little bit worried about constant hard turning of the comp.

So still waiting for an bios update...................

New ROGer Array

News?

Planning Vbios update? status update?

any solutions?
    Last edited by Sputnicks; 10-13-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast