Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I have the non-OC version of this card (which has no bios updates out for it), and am experiencing the same no signal issue, even after getting the card replaced. I tried downclocking the 7'th state all the way to 900MHz, and sadly that didn't fix the issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post

Is your monitor losing connection or having stability issues?
    Are you currently overclocking your system/graphics card?
    Have you tried the latest graphics card driver (released yesterday -16/11/2017)?
    1 - No problem whit the monitor and the other hardware (i tried other gpu, same PC and Monitor, no problems)
    2 - Currently underclocking (specs of james 7th state only, who improve the crash from 1 per week to 1.5-2 week)
    3 - No, i will update it. Currently i have the 17.10.1

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnicks View Post
    1 - No problem whit the monitor and the other hardware (i tried other gpu, same PC and Monitor, no problems)
    2 - Currently underclocking (specs of james 7th state only, who improve the crash from 1 per week to 1.5-2 week)
    3 - No, i will update it. Currently i have the 17.10.1
    Had some time to test the latest driver yet?

New ROGer Array

Had some time to test the latest driver yet?
    No, i had to travel. I will try it this week, but i need to restore the default settings or try it whit the "underclocking" (7th state) settings who improve the stability?

I will restore to default and try it, and i will comment in a 2 weeks (time to generally ocurrs 1 crash) or when the gpu crash.

Like the others comments, i dont think the drivers are the problem, i had try soo much drivers and the lastest dont have any note refering to this issue.

And this is a common issue, i read soo many comments about this gpu in other forums. Asus is planning to update the VBIOS or your feedback is this issue is finish?

p/d: sorry for my english and thanks for the response.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi James-Pro,

Are you also experiencing issues with your RX 470?

Hi Sputnicks,

Is your monitor losing connection or having stability issues?
    Are you currently overclocking your system/graphics card?
    Have you tried the latest graphics card driver (released yesterday -16/11/2017)?
    Yes, at the video cards default settings the card is unstable resulting in the video card losing connection with the monitor. All this [2017/06/13] bios did was make the card Usable, it did not Fix the issue completely, the video card can still lose connection to the monitor, it just now happens less.

I have come to the conclusion Asus will not be releasing another bios to further improve the stability of this card... I would very much like to be proven wrong, underclocking a video card to not have issues is kind of ridiculous, I would very much like to use the video card at it's default state.

The issue is not the video card driver...
    Last edited by James-Pro; 11-24-2017 at 08:32 AM.

ROG Member Array

Throttling limit - a problems of the bios adds on

Hello again

plz can some strix admin tell me how to remove throttling limit set to 64 C, because that is not the temp that is even close to card limits. I have to make my vent work on 100 on 53 degree to keep it under 64 on full load and its fall/winter season now. If i set power limit to anyware pass mark of 125 i go over 64 degrees and i got my card throttle itself to 300 mhz (3-5 sec ing ingame unresponsivnes). Core is hovering around 1230-1240. I noticed when i put a power limit down to 100 the throttling temp margin is getting up (around 70).

So again as an unhappy customer i ask u admins to contact your engeniers and ask them kindly if they can fix the bios for this card they can easly copy it from MSI or some other brand and rerealese it, so we can finally use the card properly.

Hope ull solve the throttling problem.

We received some samples which were returned to us from users who had issues, and even nowl it is hard to replicate the issues highlighted (GTA V crashed once and then never again). Updating to a new firmware itself isn't useful unless we find the root cause. Due to the small number of people currently affected, It is suspected that the issue may stem from the configuration, driver, or other software.

Currently I see 4 people still having stability issues. Please private message me the following info:
    1. Whether you have RMA'd your graphics card already.
    2. Your vgainfo details - download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XHdmC2iTASDy0P
    3. The games which aren't stable and approx. how long they run for.
    4. Graphics driver version
    5. GPU Tweak version

We received some samples which were returned to us from users who had issues, and even now it is hard to replicate the issues highlighted (GTA V crashed once and then never again). Updating to a new firmware itself isn't useful unless we find the root cause. Due to the small number of people currently affected, It is suspected that the issue may stem from the configuration, driver, or other software.

Currently I see 4 people still having stability issues. Please PRIVATE MESSAGE me the following info:
    2. Your vgainfo details - download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XHdmC2iTASDy0P
    5. GPU Tweak version

New ROGer Array

No RMA.

2. Your vgainfo details - download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/awlx9ppr05...1.0.2.zip?dl=0
    https://i.imgur.com/jeK8xzi.png

This say i have a older vbios. But when i try to open the updater of the bios that say (right click, execute as administrator):
    https://i.imgur.com/u7tmvFk.png

Can explain me how to update it? Or if it is fine?

Rainbow Six Siegue
    Black Desert Online
    Day of Infamy
    Rising Storm 2 Vietnam
    Heroes of the storm (a lot)
    League of legends

So, every game i play. Arma 3 dont have the issue in game, but the game dont use at 100% the gpu.
    Is random, i can play for 5-6 hs and dont have the issue, or start the game and in a 10-20 min crash.

Now, 17.11.1 and trying to test it (traveling and do not have time currently)
    I try a lot of drivers.

5. GPU Tweak version

Not installed. When i have intalled it, i had the issue.

Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Sputnicks; 12-02-2017 at 09:06 PM.

ROG Member Array

I have, received Rx 470 as RMA replacement for R9 290, then received a second RX 470 as an RMA replacement for original RX 470.

2. Your vgainfo details - download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/awlx9ppr05...1.0.2.zip?dl=0
    The link is broken, the complete url was not posted.

Any game, the system itself is unstable and will give no signal after running for a few days. But I've had it crash during WoW, Overwatch, and the Unigene Haven benchmark as well as when on my desktop.

Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.2, have tried multiple other versions previously as well, 16.8.3, 17.6.1, 17.7.2,17.8.2, 17.5.1, 17.4.2 to name a few.

5. GPU Tweak version
    V1.5.2.8 but the issue has been present since before I had GPU tweak installed.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast