Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Hi, if I recall correctly the bottom part of that popup lists something once you have an actual TB3 device plugged in.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andvoy View Post
    Hi, if I recall correctly the bottom part of that popup lists something once you have an actual TB3 device plugged in.
    Thanks, I had wondered if the system was just not loading the thunderbolt3 controller driver because there was no device connected. I have a support call in with ASUS to get the current TB3 NVM version shipped with this laptop, hopefully they know or can provide some more information. Once I get it I will post back to this thread.

-StarJack

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

You can get it to display without a device plugged in. I did as I don't have a TB3 device. I could only get it to do it by upgrading the FW and SW in the right order. Someone posted a guide on these forums somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

I'm sure many folks already know this but ASUS's latest Thunderbolt 3 firmware NVM for the GL702VMK is only at v4. It's way too low and drastically needs updating. I hope ASUS is going to address this. Disappointing.

-StarJack.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

v4 is actually a recently updated firmware. It's not "too low"

There are several hardware versions of the Thunderbolt 3 chip.

Other laptops with older 1575 versions have many firmware updates, and are using the DSL6340 chip.

The GL#02vm series are using the newer crippled low power slow JHL6240 chips, which don't have many firmware updates yet.
    So we're currently on v4 firmware, and there might be v5 or v6 firmware released by Intel, but it doesn't really make a practical difference since it's gimped anyway.

Here is some info... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_(interface)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2