cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 gb of RAM instead of 8

billymos
Level 7
Hello there...

Well, as you can see from the title, i have a problem with the memory of my pc. I have a Hero 7 MB and 8gb ram (2X4). Yersterday, i tried to clean the fans of the cpu and i had to take off the two sticks of memory. Then, i installed them again but i chose to put them to the red slots (A2 B2), instead of the black slots where they were before (A1 B1), according to the manual. I turned the pc on and the MB showed me a FE error. I put the memories back to the previous slots (A1 B1), but since then, the MB and the windows can see only 4 gb. I changed positions again (A2 B2), again A1 B1, i put the first stick as a second, anyway i tried all the possible combinations.... Nothing.. Still 4 gb of ram....

Any suggestion? My Bios are the latest one, i resetted the bios by pressing the button on the MB but the problem still remains....................................

PS: I just noticed that, if i install only one stick (it doesn't matter which one), it gives me the same FE problem). If i install both of them, it gives me no error but the MB recognise only 4 gb
6 REPLIES 6

Chino wrote:
Try loosening the screws for your heatsink a little.

Actually, i didn't touch the CPU. Just the fans of the tower cooler (Noctua ND15). And i didn't screw anything.

Zka17
Level 16
When you touch the cooler, specially a big one like yours, it can move and unbalance the pressure on the CPU...
Before you try to reseat the cooler, make sure that your RAM sticks are fully in their slot.

Zka17 wrote:
When you touch the cooler, specially a big one like yours, it can move and unbalance the pressure on the CPU...
Before you try to reseat the cooler, make sure that your RAM sticks are fully in their slot.

Well, you were right, i didn't match the memories into the slots perfectly, because i was afraid of breaking the MB. Now, everything looks good.

Thank you all for your time...

Zka17
Level 16
It happens even with the best... good that everything is working now! :cool:

Before get idea any relate to ram you should read this post, https://www.howtoseeks.com/ddr3-vs-ddr4/
I am a blogger also running a windows Blog, Url is https://www.howtoseeks.com/ You can ask me anything regards windows issues.