cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celcius high on ASUS ROG G20CI

Kenan83
Level 7
hello pls can somone help me i buyed Asus ROG G20CI now 2 week ago i am playing games like Fallout 4 and much older games from year 2008 and i evreywhere hear this ROG G20CI is silent but it is not i play a game from 2008 so very old games and i can hear the fan of the graphic card very good its very loud and sometms when i am on the destktop the asus program AEGIS Toaest Helper show me its 80 celsius and the PC is very loud pls help me and sorry my enlish is not so good .
I hope i didnt buy a S H I T cause it cost many money and 80 celsius is not normal i think !!!

• Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700 (3.6 GHz)
• 16 GB DDR4
• 256GB SSD, 2 TB HDD
• Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5
7 REPLIES 7

litania72
Level 8
hi there, I think you have got the right pc, the G20 is a great machine, however since the case is small, the gpu always overheats when there is poor ventilation and no internal good fans.

What you describe is totally normal....80c playing fallout 4 (either 1080p or 4k) will cause 90%+ load and I am sure you have a founders gtx1070, so cooling is limited by the small gpu fan....

If you want a silent g20 then you need to invest in a EVGA hybrid watercooer block (nor cheap) and I am waiting to get one myself as I have a gtx1080ti and get easily 85c...at that point both power and load is limited to protect it....end of story is like having a ferrari and driving at 30mph.....

Also I believe that with time and heat, the thermal paste of both cpu/gpu dries up a bit so losing its effectiveness.

up to you my dear....not sure why they do not provide the new G20 with a custom made aio cooling, that is possible however seems that asus got a bit lazy on that matter and the G31 is still on ETA (or never to be released), however will never spend over 2K for that....

another alternative is to......join the club and create a custom mod for our G20...

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=18&family=Accessories+-+Hardware&chipset=GPU+HYB...

The money is not the problem i can do a watercooling. But you know when i buy a 2000 euro pc i think is have a standart heat of 50 or 60 celsius but 80 is toooo much for me. My brother has a 700 euro pc and i play on his pc fallout 4 and i hear nothing he got a Geforce 980 gtx and a Athlon cpu. My frieds look at this ROG PC and they start to laugh about me i think i will give it back when i open programs like MOZILLA FIREFOX or WINRAR i get a alert from Asus Toast Helper that the pc is 80 celsius is that normal ????? xD

litania72
Level 8
If your temps are about the cpu, then its a problem, however reaching 80c with the gpu is normal, your friends must have a tower pc case....is the g20 brand new or second hand?

It is brand new i was in a box and the box was close but i think i will give it back. This not a pc for me too loud i say again my borther got a 700 euro pc with amazing silent cooling and with gtx 980 i test the pc of my brother and ohter games very long i dont hear anything. If this is the real power and voise (loud) of this G20 i am very disappointed cause its a new pc and cost 2000 euro for this price i can buy something much much much better. So i think i will give it back second think is i try to get help but no one from Asus and ROG team want to help this is a joke either they dont know how to build a gaming pc (silnet very silent) or they have wrong job and bad support so what i learnd about ROG never buy it go build your own pc. And i can not open box from the G20 coause he got guarnatee i want better give it back.

narenram
Level 7
Kenan83 wrote:
hello pls can somone help me i buyed Asus ROG G20CI now 2 week ago i am playing games like Fallout 4 and much older games from year 2008 and i evreywhere hear this ROG G20CI is silent but it is not i play a game from 2008 so very old games and i can hear the fan of the graphic card very good its very loud and sometms when i am on the destktop the asus program AEGIS Toaest Helper show me its 80 celsius and the PC is very loud pls help me and sorry my enlish is not so good .
I hope i didnt buy a S H I T cause it cost many money and 80 celsius is not normal i think !!!

• Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700 (3.6 GHz)
• 16 GB DDR4
• 256GB SSD, 2 TB HDD
• Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5

spartan_hoplite
Level 10
80 C is quite normal for i7 7700 when heavy load, especially G20ci use a small custom cooler that not even better than the cheapest desktop Cpu cooler.
Got noisy fan problem? this is what you need to do:
1. Update your G20ci Bios to ver.1202 (previous bios have very bad fan management profile)
2. Go to threshold setting in Aegis III & change the CPU upper setting to 90 C
It should get better.

hello sorry i am answering very late i did all what you say and its still 90 and i thing 90 celsius is very high when i play games from 2008 its so loud when i play my friends and my brother laugh at me the fans are over 4000 i give it to the shop where i get it after 2 weeks it comes back from repairing and i read here from other guys that they got same problems so its not just my pc the rog ans asus they who think they know how to make a pc are nothing then noobs they build pc for 2 or 3 years that it is broken so you must buy a new pc they make it intentionally that the fans are on full max 4000 RPM and i think its too much so pls guys who read this never buy a rog its the choise of losers

90 celsius from games they are 10 years old is too much with 4000 RPM 2 or 3 years later this pc is broken i can throw it to the trah