cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature and bios

injen1
Level 7
Can please someone provide me with a bios that temperatures are not +20c with 1800x processor? My temperatures are going sky high with kraken 62 and 1.418 core volts

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
7 REPLIES 7

Big_Gray
Level 8
injen1 wrote:
Can please someone provide me with a bios that temperatures are not +20c with 1800x processor? My temperatures are going sky high with kraken 62 and 1.418 core volts

I will second that!

Of all the (fully expected) teething problems with this new platform, I find the inaccurate reporting of the cpu temperature to be the most irritating. It's like having a number of clocks all showing different times and deciding which one to believe! UEFI, Ryzen Master and third party apps all report different temperatures which are inconsistent with a simple +20 offset.
:(:(:(

Big_Gray wrote:
I will second that!

Of all the (fully expected) teething problems with this new platform, I find the inaccurate reporting of the cpu temperature to be the most irritating. It's like having a number of clocks all showing different times and deciding which one to believe! UEFI, Ryzen Master and third party apps all report different temperatures which are inconsistent with a simple +20 offset.
:(:(:(

Indeed my friend, imagine that I clocked to 3.9 Ghz and I can't heavy encode because my temperatures with kraken goes beyond 105c and pc freeze.
Fgs give us a solution. I'm too old to go again for custom loop , I got bored of maintenance the loop.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Contact AMD. This offset has been coded into AGESA.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Thanks for the info.

Into which release of AGESA has this been coded?

Big_Gray wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Into which release of AGESA has this been coded?

Hello

All versions.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The posts here by Demoniacstar would seem to contradict your statement:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-UEFI-build-0079-0081-0082-0083-110...

Do you have an X version cpu which is reporting cpu temp correctly, or were you just being helpful?

CPU 1600X
BIOS1201

Idle cpu temp: BIOS 52C, Ryzen Master 26C, Corsair Link 46C (RM temp +20 obviously).

I can use Corsair Link to set fan profiles if I wish. WTF is going on with the BIOS temp though?
There appears to be no correlation between this and the RM temp. How can I set an accurate fan profile within the BIOS?
I really dont want to install bloatware just to get an accurate cpu temp. As I already said, it's irritating!

Apart from this issue though, I must admit, I have been very happy with my 1600X and CH6 so far.

entropic-remnan
Level 9
You can try going in and setting SenseMI Skew to disabled or enabled depending on what you're doing. My 1700 non-X for some reason tries to add an offset unless I turn that off. That's not an official solution, but it works for some of us.

With SenseMI Skew enabled, I find any change to the PLL voltage swings the temperature wildly and out of proportion to anything the PLL should do. If I raise it above 1.8 temps go up sharply, and if I lower it, they drop at times below room temperature. Weird.

Still have it off with the new 1.0.0.6 AGESA so I don't know if anything has changed, but my temperatures are still reporting the same so I leave SenseMI Skew off.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.