Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array FaaR PC Specs
    FaaR PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X299-XE Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-7900X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR (64GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon R9 390X DC2 8GB
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Radeon R9 390X DC2 8GB
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA850
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo M.2
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CaseFractal Design Define C TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
    Mouse Logitech G700s
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dude1070 View Post
    Did you guys use the Fan tuning option in the BIOS or AI Suite? That opens it up for settings.
    Yes, but you still can't change or exceed the 75C "critical" temp on the CPU fan headers. That's the whole point of this thread!
    Last edited by FaaR; 10-14-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clarification...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by FaaR View Post
    Yes, but you still can't change or exceed the 75C "critical" temp on the CPU fan headers. That's the whole point of this thread!
    yes its very annoying when pump and fans going up and down, up and down when i have 75C or more on CPU

ROG Member Array

The title of this thread is a bit wrong as fans are not forced to 100% depending on settings but I'm here to also complain about the 75°C limit as this prevent my build to remain silent when I overclock a bit more but because I really wanted a silent system and that performance wasn't a top priority I lowered like 200MHz so it never reach that 75°C limit.

One reason could be it's because it's reading Tcase and not Tjunction? If it was based on Tjunction, upper fans settings would kick in well before.

Where is Raja? I'd like to hear from ASUS if there is a chance that this limit will be upped a bit in the near future. Personnaly I would be happy with 85°C.

ROG Member Array

Apologies if this counts as reviving a dead thread, but I just thought I'd mention that as of AI Suite 3.00.10 Beta (likely some time before then, but I only upgraded for the beta), all fan headers now have a custom "Critical Temperature" setting that can be increased up to 100°C. I've currently got my CPU fan to max out at 90 degrees, and under load the loudest thing in my PC is my hard drive.

If someone in the dev team saw this thread and added this little feature in, I'd like to offer them my thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post
    The title of this thread is a bit wrong as fans are not forced to 100% depending on settings.
    Out of curiosity, which settings did you change to enable the fans to max out at a lower speed? The closest I can get is, say, having the fans ramp from 50% at 60°C to 70% at 75°C, but as soon as the temperature goes above the critical temp, the fans immediately ramp to 100%.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TamiyaGuy View Post
    Apologies if this counts as reviving a dead thread, but I just thought I'd mention that as of AI Suite 3.00.10 Beta (likely some time before then, but I only upgraded for the beta), all fan headers now have a custom "Critical Temperature" setting that can be increased up to 100°C.
    Really? Now they need to apply thisin BIOS also, I don't want to install the Suite.

Out of curiosity, which settings did you change to enable the fans to max out at a lower speed? The closest I can get is, say, having the fans ramp from 50% at 60°C to 70% at 75°C, but as soon as the temperature goes above the critical temp, the fans immediately ramp to 100%.
    Are you in PWM? Like you at 75°C I set 70% so it never reach 100%. What temp you call critical temp, the 75°C or another hidden temp which trigger 100% for all fans?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rhialto View Post
    Really? Now they need to apply thisin BIOS also, I don't want to install the Suite.

Are you in PWM? Like you at 75°C I set 70% so it never reach 100%. What temp you call critical temp, the 75°C or another hidden temp which trigger 100% for all fans?
    To be fair, AI Suite isn't that bad (although I really only use it for the increased fan control options so the extra stuff is a bit bloatware-y).

The "critical temperature" behaviour happens in both PWM and DC control on all fan headers. Say I specify 50% at 60C to 70% at 75C, the fans will slowly ramp up between those two values, but immediately after it hits 75C or goes to 76, the fans ramp to 100%. AI Suite shows this in its UI (I've chosen 75C here for the sake or argument):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UHRETyA.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	70886

The BIOS shows a very similar graph, but I shan't subject you to a phone pic of the UEFI!

And for info, the light grey line is my current setting, which is 100% at 90C.

ROG Member Array

Yes you are right, all my fans go to 100% past 75°C and ASUS need to let us use a higher value. This is a RoG product after all.

BTW you can take a screenshot from the BIOS with F12.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Same problem, asus pls give us possibility to change 75c cap

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

There seems to be some confusion here, as a lot of people in this thread appear to be referencing the AI Suite software and UEFI readings to gauge the maximum CPU temperature. This is a Tcase reading that is utilized for fan curve control. If you're hitting 75 Celius Tcase, then your CPU must be running pretty hot. Tcase can be 10-15 degrees lower than DTS temps, sometimes even more. Might be an idea to assess your cooling.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    There seems to be some confusion here, as a lot of people in this thread appear to be referencing the AI Suite software and UEFI readings to gauge the maximum CPU temperature. This is a Tcase reading that is utilized for fan curve control. If you're hitting 75 Celius Tcase, then your CPU must be running pretty hot. Tcase can be 10-15 degrees lower than DTS temps, sometimes even more. Might be an idea to assess your cooling.
    So you are saying that the fan curves in the BIOS are NOT based on CPU temp? This doesn't seem accurate to me. All of my fans will ramp up and down based on CPU temp.

What do you mean by Tcase?
    Sorry for the basic question.

Thanks,
    Jason

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast